Jake

Single malt whisky

9 minutes ago, Mushroom01 said:

A new one on the shelf. 

Very nice drop! 🥃

IMG20200807193808.thumb.jpg.58eb92aaf4b3211a7a4b403fda41e473.jpgIMG20200807193844.thumb.jpg.aace44d2c70fe7628e1191d596fe473a.jpg

‘Tis a clean, smooth drop! Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)

Responding to wrong post -...sorry (too much single malt perhaps )

Edited by sir sanders zingmore

Love this one

67E10D59-EDE7-4AD0-A874-84BCBE1472C4.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Thank you Dan for giving me more play time than I have been use to...and also a big shout out to Dan again for personally delivering to my home the following...to fill in productively all this new play time... :) 

20200808_133206.thumb.jpg.5cd878ee6d5a001fd826f9cd12b1ef6d.jpg20200808_133220.thumb.jpg.dfa2602072117e4d8d352199ede7d236.jpg

Edited by BLAH BLAH

@BLAH BLAH Well... s'pose it is after midday over your way....so whatcha waiting for.  I really should try some Aussie SMWs...🥃  Post a brief review if you don;t mind 🙂

1 minute ago, 2Brix said:

@BLAH BLAH Well... s'pose it is after midday over your way....so whatcha waiting for.  I really should try some Aussie SMWs...🥃  Post a brief review if you don;t mind 🙂

Ahhhh @2Brix will do!

I have a slight issue at the moment...yes you are quite right it is well past midday up here in sunny Baysie...but...and it's a big but... :) SWMBO has an eye on my comings and goings and has cunningly positioned herself between the Helleyers and my Glencairn glasses in the kitchen...so I have decided to order from Ebay a pair of Reidel Vinum single malt whiskey glasses...which I think are a nice change to the glencairn but only a tasting will confirm this...

641600080_thumbnail-Y9fuGnb3.png.e5c0b2d40b115ee513bce59e89a58410.png

unfortunately I have discovered I have another issue they will not be delivered until next week sometime! :(

Stay tuned for further updates... 

39 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

I'm no good at reviews but I do like some of the Aussie single malts. The Hellyers Road pinot barrel is lovely and smooth. Starward is terrific value. Timboon is probably my favourite but it's not cheap (Speaking of not cheap, I have a bottle of Sullivan's Cove hidden away somewhere but I'm too scared to open it..)

Prepped and ready for a visit to a likeminded neighbour/mate this evening. We should have a decent range of whisky to taste bwteeen us methinks!

B9E0CD63-A367-4C0F-862D-DEA505A95A99.jpeg

14 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

Prepped and ready for a visit to a likeminded neighbour/mate this evening. We should have a decent range of whisky to taste bwteeen us methinks!

B9E0CD63-A367-4C0F-862D-DEA505A95A99.jpeg

That Glengoyne packs a punch. I do like a good cask strength whisky

6 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

That Glengoyne packs a punch. I do like a good cask strength whisky

It does indeed! I think they missed a trick with the design of the label and the ‘cast strength’ marking - not that this changes how it tastes, of course.

On 08/08/2020 at 1:38 PM, BLAH BLAH said:

Thank you Dan for giving me more play time than I have been use to...and also a big shout out to Dan again for personally delivering to my home the following...to fill in productively all this new play time... :) 

20200808_133206.thumb.jpg.5cd878ee6d5a001fd826f9cd12b1ef6d.jpg20200808_133220.thumb.jpg.dfa2602072117e4d8d352199ede7d236.jpg

Very good!

I wonder if u have tried any Heartwood whiskies from Tassie, they are not cheap but are also rather special

Posted (edited)

A pair of Reidel Vinum single malt whiskey glasses...arrived via AP Friday morning...yeahhh! (always handy having two whiskey glasses in case of breakage! :) )...

Saturday night came...the decision was made for a Helleyers Road 15yo tasting...the cork popped out very easily, too easily!...a healthy horizontal thumb level was poured into a solitary pristine reidel glass...unlike other SMW's I have had I could not immediately get a whiff of its goodness...in the lounge-room even SWMBO who was two seats away could not smell the contents poured, other SMW's I have had permeated the room immediately like a spirited tsunami of smoke and goodness!

I'm thinking maybe the Helleyers is tight (already?! :) ) like a newly opened bottle of wine that needs some time to breath...seated I hold the glass for a while and sound like an old bloodhound as I work my nostrils hard to pick up a scent...Sasha my Russian Blue looks up at me from the floor in consternation! Its all good mister!...the trail is weak but I'm onto it...sniff...sniffff...

Finally I reckon my hands have warmed the seductive curve of the reidel glass and squeezed out a discernible bouquet...vanilla scents...light wood shavings...enough already it's made for drinking not sniffin'....First mouthful left a suprising light coating of  complex floral hints almost sweet to the taste before the inevitable alcoholic kick to the guts...

Yeah its not bad at all...neat...

Edited by BLAH BLAH

Macallan Classic Cut 2018 LE

Man over the months of Lockdown restrictions, today I'm about to serve the Last shot this Macallan Whisky. Yummy man. Cheers EvryOne🍷😘🤗🤭

15975587609747983261370379205599.jpg

SWMBO ordered this Rye Malt Whiskey for my birthday...bless her! :) Due to Covid issues affecting Postal Services the Rye arrived several days late...but I am not complaining! 

20200816_152606.thumb.jpg.3c259fec3b8cb8d0a1570e2879f2d0a3.jpg20200816_152321.thumb.jpg.a370c0190e94be0fa687cfdeb1a5a1ce.jpg

20200816_152630.thumb.jpg.5723766f237d397c628af8ac068cceff.jpg

Hmmm luverly packaging too.  Might have to drop a hint or 3 to my missus 🤨

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

Hmmm luverly packaging too.  Might have to drop a hint or 3 to my missus 🤨

Too late @2Brix if you wanted this Rye Malt...only a limited run...I have put my name on their mailing list for the next available batch it is that good a drop! :) 

Their Tailored Whiskey is still available though...$4000 is mentioned better make 'em big hints to the missus! :) 

Edited by BLAH BLAH

On 08/08/2020 at 12:08 AM, jgunner said:

Love this one

67E10D59-EDE7-4AD0-A874-84BCBE1472C4.jpeg

Very good choice. I have a friend who, when he comes over, will choose this to sip rather than one of several others I might offer him that are 15, 18, 25 years old , or even the one 30 year old I might offer. All from highly esteemed distilleries. Goes to show, doesn't it? Slainte.

For some peculiar personal reason I have for many years avoided Springbank. Perhaps because it was such an anorak favourite. It turns out I was just delaying a most enjoyable experience. Yes, the 10 YO is most enjoyable. 

I am pretty sure that some years ago I mentioned how much I enjoyed Glen Scotia 15. I have recently tried a more recent bottling and am so pleased that it is still a favourite.

Have other people enjoyed the pear aftertaste of Ardbeg 10YO? I certainly do.

Finally, I have been unable to resist the great offer at Dan's for the 10 YO Bladnoch. Reduced by $15 to $80. For an interesting whisky coming from a distillery now owned by an Aussie. Worth investigating. There won't be any more of this stuff once Dan's runs out. Later releases will be from new stills and a new distiller.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Too late @2Brix if you wanted this Rye Malt...only a limited run...I have put my name on their mailing list for the next available batch it is that good a drop! :) 

Their Tailored Whiskey is still available though...$4000 is mentioned better make 'em big hints to the missus! :) 

Lovely drop the Archie Rose Rye Malt! Highly recommended!

@2Brix thankfully the Rye Malt is still available via boozebud.com, and if you haven't signed up yet, I have a referral code which gets you 15% off and free shipping for your first order ($102 delivered) :)

https://www.boozebud.com/p/archierosedistillingco/ryemaltwhisky

As a side note, Archie Rose will be releasing their first single malt whisky in September too! I'm very much looking forward to that.

https://archierose.com.au/shop/product/single-malt-whisky

Edited by pete_mac

Posted (edited)

While I remember... I couldn't pass up a bottle of Lagavulin 16 from boozebud.com for $85 delivered. Stupidly good value if you're an Islay fan.

Same deal applies as above - currently on special for $100 but the 15% discount and free shipping applies with the referral code for new members. Happy to flick it on via PM if anyone wants it.

https://www.boozebud.com/p/lagavulin/16yearold

The question is... how long will she remain in the box? 

laga16.jpg.045adde13ee068277f437638fc7bf52d.jpg

Edited by pete_mac

Thanks @pete_mac for kindly offering to pass on the referral discount code and i hope someone has/will take you up on that.  Sadly my preference is avoid delivery services and just buy in store even if it means not scoring the very best price. 

That Lagavulin 16 looks really nice too and it's one i've never tried but the Islay malts are amongst my favourites.

Cheers

2B

2 minutes ago, 2Brix said:

Thanks @pete_mac for kindly offering to pass on the referral discount code and i hope someone has/will take you up on that.  Sadly my preference is avoid delivery services and just buy in store even if it means not scoring the very best price. 

That Lagavulin 16 looks really nice too and it's one i've never tried but the Islay malts are amongst my favourites.

Cheers

2B

No worries at all!

FYI Dan Murphys also has the Laga 16 at $100 at the moment, which is still a very nice price. They also stock the Archie Rose Rye - of which I hope to have a wee dram later tonight ;)

Love me a lazy Sunday afternoon stogie with a whisky, single malt of course :)

y4mY7NXgLoiz_WjpcUJ9ZF3o5ibaDaVkxnEjc-ng

7 minutes ago, sjay said:

Love me a lazy Sunday afternoon stogie with a whisky, single malt of course :)

y4mY7NXgLoiz_WjpcUJ9ZF3o5ibaDaVkxnEjc-ng

Oh, what a combination.👍

Posted (edited)

Partagas series P number 2 in case you're partial. Highly recommend smoke. 

Edited by sjay