Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Single malt whisky

On 01/09/2018 at 1:49 PM, Zammo said:

Available from Nick’s at $125 (down from $165) for the next week. 100% sherry cask at 43%ABV. A bottle on the way.
0cbabe4d34f7faa3170c62f9bbabfec1.jpg

Yeah I bought one of those off Nicks eBay store when eBay was doing a 20% off promo. Always keep an eye out when Nicks and eBay run a promo at the same time! 

While it may not be the first whisky mentioned when people ask for recommendations in the +$70 bracket, I grabbed a few bottles of Bowmore Small Batch last week....some BWS stores were selling them at half price! $39.50 instead of $79.00

My local DMs would only price match for a single bottle, which I grabbed and then went to the few BWS stores around Ballarat looking for stock. Found one with a few on the shelf so grabbed 2 more there.

3 bottles of $80 whisky for just $120 :) :)

Guest yamaha_man

I'll stick to my $50 buck Spey side swill and cheap Cigars- they go hand in hand and I don't want to spoil the balance:)

Edited by Eddierukiddingvarese

Hi Sir, 

Sorry my bottle is like that, not that exact one. How much do you think a bottle like this would be worth? How do you know that that price  is ambitious? 

18 hours ago, Somethingclever said:

Hi All,

A couple years back I inherited an expensive bottle of whiskey.  I don't like whiskey, any ideas on how to sell it?

Here it is here...

https://rare-malts-co.myshopify.com/products/tomatin-1967-jim-mcewans-celtic-heartlands-700ml-47-7

Langton’s Wine auctions..... you pay / lose 15% on the hammer price.

Good luck..... market price does not lie....GLWTS....

Edited by Mendes
spelling...doh!!

Popped into my local Dans the other day to grab some beer and noticed Nicks is across the road! Never been in but only 2km from my shop and a slight detour on the way home...

Dangerous.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

My first crack at a Macallan. Very nice whisky. 

It's a very good 12 YO................enjoy!!

13 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Macallan is very easy to drink!

I don't mind it but you also pay for the name. I think better whiskey's can be had for the $110-$120 mark.

Wow I didn't know we have this category til today.

My collection

IMG_2368.JPG

On 10/11/2018 at 2:49 AM, liman said:

My collection

IMG_2368.JPG

Wow good collection there, lots of Japanese!

Looking forward to a little taste of this, arrived today courtesy of The Whiskey Club!

IMG20181111142843.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:49 AM, liman said:

My collection

IMG_2368.JPG

I hope you bought those Yamazaki 12's and 18's while they were cheap! Personally I'd sell them given the exorbitant prices and buy something better for less money! ;)

On 10/11/2018 at 2:49 AM, liman said:

My collection

IMG_2368.JPG

Is the Yamazaki 12YO new carton now in black?

@dave1 I bought those Yamazaki and Hakushu few months ago actually, so not sure what the box were like.

@Juicester Not as cheap as what they were used to be but a lot cheaper than Dan Murphy's or other online stores.

I only bought 1x Hakushu 12 and 1x Yamazaki 12 for myself to be had on special occassions, the rest are my dad's, friend's and relatives's who are into Jap whisky as well.

I'm into Taiwanese Whisky now, Kavalan Solist series are good, so is Omar's.

@ollie_08 How's that Aberlour compared to the 12?

38 minutes ago, liman said:

@dave1 I bought those Yamazaki and Hakushu few months ago actually, so not sure what the box were like.

@Juicester Not as cheap as what they were used to be but a lot cheaper than Dan Murphy's or other online stores.

I only bought 1x Hakushu 12 and 1x Yamazaki 12 for myself to be had on special occassions, the rest are my dad's, friend's and relatives's who are into Jap whisky as well.

I'm into Taiwanese Whisky now, Kavalan Solist series are good, so is Omar's.

@ollie_08 How's that Aberlour compared to the 12?

Nick's is doing some great Kavalan specials at the moment. Bought a bottle of the Solist Sherry cask for my boss recently! The Aberlour CASGH ANNAMH should be compared to the A'bunadh rather than 12 yr old.

Jap stuff is so overpriced I can't bear it. I mean, I got a bottle of 18 Glenfiddich for $80 the other week. I'd rather 3 of those than 1 Yamazaki 12...  :P 

I've got a bottle of Hibiki 12 I can't bear to open due to the replacement cost.

Edited by Juicester

2 hours ago, Juicester said:

Nick's is doing some great Kavalan specials at the moment. Bought a bottle of the Solist Sherry cask for my boss recently! The Aberlour CASGH ANNAMH should be compared to the A'bunadh rather than 12 yr old.

Jap stuff is so overpriced I can't bear it. I mean, I got a bottle of 18 Glenfiddich for $80 the other week. I'd rather 3 of those than 1 Yamazaki 12...  :P 

I've got a bottle of Hibiki 12 I can't bear to open due to the replacement cost.

That's a pretty great price for local stock, even cheaper than KL airport.

I bought the Sherry Cask ones at Changi airport about 5 years ago for SG$120, I think it was about AU$100-$110 at the time.

Then got the other 2 from Taipei last year around AU$130 each.

I'll be visiting Malaysia and Singapore next week and will see what's in stock.

I'll add both Aberlour to my tasting list, I like the Sherry Cask more than the 12, can't wait to try.

I agree, Glenfiddich 18 is good enough and yep I finished that one already, great deal ey...

I know how you feel haha

If we are allowed to talk about non-scotch whisky, can someone recommend some Irish Whiskey that's worth trying? 

I was quite impressed by the Teeling Single Malt, but it has gone up a few dollars since I last bought it. Otherwise my Irish exposure is minimal.