Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Single malt whisky

Guest Misterioso
Posted (edited)
On 17/08/2019 at 9:21 AM, Karl Rand said:

Is it that old cultural cringe I thought had died out in Oz some years ago or does the almost total avoidance of any mention here of Tasmanian whisky really mean it’s all crap? 

I buy Scotch because I had the pleasure to visit Scotland several times and whenever I drink an Ardbeg or Springbank, I am reminded of the good times I had on Islay or the Mull of Kintyre. Who knows, if I ever manage to visit Tasmania, I might start buying Tassie Whisky. 

Edited by Misterioso

Guest Karl Rand
4 minutes ago, Misterioso said:

I buy Scotch because I had the pleasure to visit Scotland several times and whenever I drink an Ardbeg or Springbank, I am reminded of the good times I had on Islay or Mull. Who knows, if I ever manage to visit Tasmania, I might start buying Tassie Whisky. 

5 hours ago, Karl Rand said:

Were you ever brave enough to try Belgrove’s HOLY S.H.I.T ? The description sounds bloody awful to me. "Think peanut, sesame, toffee, honey, vanilla, hessian sacks and lots of smoke!” It’s smoked with their very own sheep s.h.i.t no less.  http://belgrovedistillery.com.au/purchase/

product_whollyshit-1.jpg

Generally speaking, Belgrove is out of my price range. I got to taste some at a whisky tasting thing a few years ago. But I have to say, if I did splurge on a bottle, I'm not sure it would be this one! You can't accuse him of playing it safe though.

Father Day Surprise. On Friday morning I got a surprise someone knocked on @ front door, there was a courier delivery then I thought I didn't purchase anything online, I have to check for the name on the parcel there is my name & right address as well. Anyway I opened it & Wow there was a Bottle Of Scotch Single Whisky a Gift from My Son & Wife to Celebrate Happy Father Day is coming. 

Here it is...:party:hiccup:thumb:

IMG_20190825_132911_741-1.jpg

IMG_20190825_132854_009-1.jpg