Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Single malt whisky

If we are allowed to talk about non-scotch whisky, can someone recommend some Irish Whiskey that's worth trying? 
Redbreast is a good Irish Whiskey worth trying.

A few hours left to make the most of this click frenzy bonanza. I picked up a Glendronach 12yo including free postage for $76 (and will get $5 cash back from cashrewards). Tidy 12 yo for $71.

Boozebud - then use the code; FRENZY. 20% and free delivery for orders over $80. The funny thing is, it calculates the free delivery BEFORE it applies the discount. So as long as the original price is above $80 you'll get it sent free.

Craigelachie 13 going for $80 delivered I think. So many good deals.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

If we are allowed to talk about non-scotch whisky, can someone recommend some Irish Whiskey that's worth trying? 

Writers Tears. Tried some at a friends place recently. Sublime whisky.

On 15/11/2018 at 11:15 AM, Dave O))) said:

Writers Tears. Tried some at a friends place recently. Sublime whisky.

Too early for a sip?

its very nice, thanks for the tip 👍

24921124-D0BB-419C-AA5F-51B21F10C93A.thumb.jpeg.d419a5ad6b2e0ea8cac322eca3ddd601.jpeg

Too early for a sip?
its very nice, thanks for the tip

24921124-D0BB-419C-AA5F-51B21F10C93A.thumb.jpeg.d419a5ad6b2e0ea8cac322eca3ddd601.jpeg
Not at all, I'm about to crack a Glenmorangie. Cheers!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Too early for a sip?

its very nice, thanks for the tip 👍

how do you nose that or let it breathe in a shot glass? :P  Get a Glencairn Trev. ;)

3 hours ago, Juicester said:

how do you nose that or let it breathe in a shot glass? :P  Get a Glencairn Trev. ;)

I presume he sipped delicately at the nectar with a butterfly-like proboscis.

Friends gave me a bottle of the Glenlivet entry level malt "Founders Reserve" recently.

Obviously young and not too refined but not without it's charms. I think whisky like this might be a closer picture to how the vast majority would have been consumed over time rather than the common 10+ year ages of today. A fun whisky really and I suspect it would work very well with a ginger ale for those friends who struggle with sipping whisky (and spare the good stuff from that fate! ) At the least an educational dram about the whole whisky process.

42 minutes ago, Pieface said:

I presume he sipped delicately at the nectar with a butterfly-like proboscis.

Friends gave me a bottle of the Glenlivet entry level malt "Founders Reserve" recently.

Obviously young and not too refined but not without it's charms. I think whisky like this might be a closer picture to how the vast majority would have been consumed over time rather than the common 10+ year ages of today. A fun whisky really and I suspect it would work very well with a ginger ale for those friends who struggle with sipping whisky (and spare the good stuff from that fate! ) At the least an educational dram about the whole whisky process.

I think it's important to have a quaffer whisky that doesn't demand too much of the drinker. For me it's Glenmorangie 10 which can be had at around the $60 mark. I think Glenlivet is a house name that has always been a bit underrated given the quality and price. Their 18yo was going for around $110 a few months ago at a few outlets. incredible buying.

C

Unbelievable deals @ first choice liquor at the moment. The Laddie - $80 (dan's $100), Quinta Ruban $76 (dan's $95), Hellyers Road 10 $77 (dan's $98), Balvenie 17 doublewood $140 (dan's $177).   So MANY more great deals. go go go.....

C

1 hour ago, Juicester said:

Unbelievable deals @ first choice liquor at the moment. The Laddie - $80 (dan's $100), Quinta Ruban $76 (dan's $95), Hellyers Road 10 $77 (dan's $98), Balvenie 17 doublewood $140 (dan's $177).   So MANY more great deals. go go go.....

C

Just had a look online 20% of all single malts @ First Choice 😃😃

2 minutes ago, ollie_08 said:

Just had a look online 20% of all single malts @ First Choice 😃😃

yes but not all of their starting prices are reasonable (so 20% off something that was already overpriced is still expensive). The ones I suggested are genuinely cheap though. The Auchentoshan Triple Wood is another corker and is going cheap.

5 hours ago, Juicester said:

yes but not all of their starting prices are reasonable (so 20% off something that was already overpriced is still expensive). The ones I suggested are genuinely cheap though. The Auchentoshan Triple Wood is another corker and is going cheap.

Times change. When I was into Single Malt back in the 80's, the one to go for was Cardhu. I could never afford Auchentoshan. It was always around $60 plus back then.

Glenrothes, about our favourite after years of research. Love the stuff 🤪