SOLD: FS: Rel HT/1205 12" 500 watt rms subwoofer.

Item Condition: AS NEW
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Bellevue
State: WA
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pick up.
Reason for selling: No longer required. Changing set up.

Further information:

Selling my Rel ht 1205 subwoofer which was part of my media/pc gaming sound system which was used in conjunction with a pair of Kanto yu6 speakers, however those Kanto's have been sold as I have to downgrade my media set-up due to space reasons in my media room, which is why I'm selling this subwoofer that I only bought just under 2 months ago (I have the reciept). The HT/1205 is an excellent subwoofer giving out clean tight fast bass for music and very good LFE for gaming and even movies dishing out some thundering bass without distortion. It comes with the rubber feet, guides and safety information, power cord, grille and original packaging. 
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20201105_113304.jpg

20201105_112413.jpg

20201105_112355.jpg

20201105_112538.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evo4.2degrees said:

Out of interest how are these for music compared to say sealed SVS or others. I know Rel have the other range specifically for music.

The Rel 1205 compared to the sb-2000 which I had was slightly better for music than the SVS, it was just a touch more musical.

Oh really, that's interesting.  Another one added to the list then as I had dismissed them due to being advertised as home theatre subs.

I think I'm a bit more confused now.  I thought they would be boomy and lacking punch/speed. But maybe a bang for buck option!

Edited by Evo4.2degrees
Extra query
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Naz.shr
      Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Cash, Paypal Reason for selling: Going a different route Further information:
      Bought recently from another SNA member. Great sub for both HT and 2ch music, needs no introduction. 
      Shipping available with original packaging. 
      Donation to SNA on successful sale.

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Bee-Fizzle
      Item Condition: Used-fair Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Butler State: WA Payment Method: PayID (preferred), cash, or PayPal if shipping. Reason for selling: Change of direction Further information:

Photos:
      1x pair of Anthony Gallo TR1 Subwoofers in good condition for age.

These are excellent subs for music and have fully adjustable crossover and phase to perfectly integrate with your system. Well suited to bring out a more full range sound with bookshelf speakers or small floorstanders.

Nearest equivalent might be REL t5s.

A well setup pair of subs in your listening space will make a massive difference to your 2 channel audio system.

The feet have been replaced with high quality, levelling feet with quality isolating pads. There are a couple of light scratches pictured. 

I also have 2x 5m power cables and 2x 5m subwoofer cables if you require them, although for the best results with most speakers I recommend using the high level inputs and wire the speakers directly to the subs using the inbuilt hi pass filter. 

Happy to demonstrate, you are welcome to bring your speakers here if you want to test them with the subs. I'm based in Butler 6036. Available most evenings and weekends.

Can supply a digital copy of the manual if you need it also.

Price is for the pair and is negotiable within reason, priority will be given to local buyer's. Shipping arranged by negotiation.

• By Zed Zed
      Over in another thread (Willsenton R8 teardown) I've been having an interesting discussion about speakers (hi, @Lam Pham) and the question came up about the benefits of floorstanders vs standmounts. From this a brief discussion about subwoofers followed.

I have met many 2 channel hifi enthusiasts over the years who would rather poke their eyes out with a cactus spine than use a subwoofer in their system. Now, as a big fan of a well-integrated sub in a 2 channel system, I have never really understood this. For complete disclosure, I am using a REL sub via its 'high level' Speakon connection and TBH this is the only brand of sub I could honestly recommend these days.  Now I know that will be seen by some as an inflammatory remark, and I know that many good subs from other manufacturers exist, but REL is the brand I have settled on, after decades of subwoofer use. I will give my reasons in a moment. But first, let me say that I believe there is a vast difference between using a sub in a 2 channel music system and using a sub (or subs) in a home theatre system. In my HT, I have two massive Seaton Submersives with 6,000 watts of power and I would not be without them and will never replace them with anything else. But with movies, the bass is about effects - explosions, gunfights, train wrecks and so on, and music is very much in second place to that (a generalisation I know, but one which mostly holds true). With a 2 channel music system, the emphasis is on music. 

This is why I won't use anything other than a REL. REL don't make anything else but subwoofers. And they make them like they are designing and building speakers. They are designed to be fast and articulate, using very lightweight cones, to give deep but realistic bass with all the speed and detail you could want. ) REL also recommend the high-level or speaker-level input as their preferred choice, rather than the usual line level output. This means they share the speaker terminals on your amp and share the same signal, damping factor and, importantly, timing as your main speakers. 

There are good benefits of integrating a sub into the system. For me, it allows me to use standmount speakers, which fit my room better, while getting the benefits of the massive, full-range speakers I have used in the past (eg Kef 104.2 Reference, Tannoy Westminsters etc). Also, we have to position our main speakers for imaging, and this almost never is the best place for in-room bass response.  Using a sub allows you to put the main speakers where they need to be, and to place the sub where it best interacts with the room and its modes. In addition, as you dial in the sub, you can adjust the bass to coincide with your tastes, preferences and the kind of music you enjoy, as opposed to 'taking what you get' when you use those big full rangers. What's more, standmount speakers are, like for like, cheaper than floorstanders and subwoofers needn't cost the earth, so arguably you can get better value for your money with a standmount + sub combination, as well as better bass response.

RELs make it very easy to dial in the sub so that it harmonises perfectly with the main speakers - it generally takes less than half an hour to get it spot on. When it is dialled in just right, all the bass appears to be coming from the smaller standmounts and the sub is 'inaudible', until you turn it off and realise what it was bringing to the table. And the bass is just so musical, preserving the rhythm and speed and timing of the original content.

For disclosure, I am using the Willsenton R8 tube amp, plus a pair of the amazing Fyne Audio F500 standmounts and the REL T5/i. In my room, and for the music I like, this is a near perfect combination, with an amazingly modest price tag compared with its performance. In a much bigger room, I might want to go with a REL T7/i or even a T9/i, but here the T5/i is more than enough. It's volume is set at way under halfway and the crossover set at about 40Hz which chimes well with the F500s natural rolloff. My setup can easily hold its own with much bigger, and much more expensive speakers.

Don't get me wrong - I am not dissing large floorstanders at all (or other brands of sub), just giving my personal opinion based on what I hear every day of my life. There's room in this hobby/passion for all shades of opinion and this one is mine

So, for anyone who is struggling to accommodate big, so-called 'full range' speakers but who still wants deep, realistic and above all musical bass, I heartily recommend considering going down the path I did.

Here are the specs for the items mentioned:

REL T5/i  subwoofer:

TYPE
      Closed Box, down-firing driver

ACTIVE DRIVER SIZE & MATERIAL
      8 in., 200mm long-throw, FibreAlloy™ inverted aluminium dust cap, steel chassis, white cone

LOW FREQUENCY EXTENTION
      -6dB at 32 Hz
      INPUT CONNECTORS
      High Level Neutrik Speakon, Low Level single RCA, LFE RCA

POWER OUTPUT
      125 watts (RMS)

AMPLIFIER TYPE
      Class A/B

WIRELESS CAPABILITY
      Arrow (Optional), Zero Compression, Single Large Scale Integrated Chip
      Protection System

D.C. FAULT
      Yes

OUTPUT SHORT
      Yes

MAINS INPUT VOLTAGE
      220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets

FUSES
      1.6 Amp semi delay 230 volts operation, 3.15 Amp semi delay 115 volts operation

Dimensions
      W X H X D
      10.5 x 12.5 x 12.7 in. (267 x 317 x 322 mm)

NET WEIGHT
      26.5 lbs. (12 kg)

FINISH
      High Gloss Black, High Gloss White, 5 coats

Fyne Audio F500 Standmounts:

System Type    
      2 way, downwards firing port, with BassTraxTM Tractrix diffuser

Recommended amplifier power (Watt RMS)    
      30 - 120

Continuous power handling (Watt RMS)    

Sensitivity (2.83 Volt @ 1m)    
      89dB

Nominal impedance    
      8 Ohm

Frequency response (-6dB typical in room)    
      45Hz - 34kHz

Drive unit complement  
       1 x 150mm IsoFlareTM, multi-fibre bass/ mid with 25mm titanium dome compression tweeter

Crossover frequency    
      1.7kHz

Crossover type    
      2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass

Dimensions - HxWxD    
      325 x 200 x 318mm (12.8 x 7.8 x 12.5”)

Weight - Each    7.3kg (16.1lb)

Finishes    Dark Oak / Black Oak / Piano Gloss Black / Piano Gloss White

• By Naz.shr
      Item: SVS sb 1000 or Rel HT 1003
      Price Range: $$
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Looking to buy a SVS sb 1000 or REL HT 1003. Located in Perth if possible or postage from other states.
      Thank you. 

• By kylevuong19
      Item Condition: good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Southbank State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
      I bought this subwoofer from a fellow SNAer last year to pair it with KEF LS50W, no longer needed now due to moving into apartment.
      It’s in very good condition, comes with Neutrik Speakon cable and power cable.
      Pickup only.

Photos: