I’ve committed to a Paradigm Signature based AV system with C5, SV6’s and SV4’s. I’ve yet to decide on the sub as I’ve been advised that the Signature subs have a poor reputation for reliability.

I’ve put a hold on an Anthem D2 Pre as it seems a good match for the Paradigms, I’m hesitating however on the P5 amp.

Any suggestions/recommendations on Pre/Power amp options for the Sig’s greatly appreciated. I’m not committed to the D2 so am open to alternative suggestions. 

Cheers

Phil

I have the Paradigm Signature V3 S8, S2 and C3 setup blended in with 3 Whatmough Inpulse 2 subs. I’m currently using a Marantz AV-8802a as the AV pre-amp paired with an Elektra Audio HD 2ch Reference power amp for the S8’s and use an Elektra HD2 Theatre 7ch power amp to drive the surround speakers.

You probably could not go wrong with a current Marantz AV pre and Elektra Audio amp.

JDH

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, jdh500 said:

I have the Paradigm Signature V3 S8, S2 and C3 setup blended in with 3 Whatmough Inpulse 2 subs. I’m currently using a Marantz AV-8802a as the AV pre-amp paired with an Elektra Audio HD 2ch Reference power amp for the S8’s and use an Elektra HD2 Theatre 7ch power amp to drive the surround speakers.

You probably could not go wrong with a current Marantz AV pre and Elektra Audio amp.

JDH

Thanks for that, I’ll do some research. Is there any reason you don’t use the Electra for all speakers?

19 minutes ago, jdh500 said:

The Elektra Amps are used for all my speakers for my HT setup ?

JDH

I’m new to HT so please forgive my confusion and probably dumb question - if you use the HD2 Theatre for all the speakers why do you also use the 2ch for the 8’s? Maybe I misread?

1 hour ago, PhilY said:

if you use the HD2 Theatre for all the speakers why do you also use the 2ch for the 8’s? Maybe I misread?

The Elektra HD reference can drive pretty much any speaker without compromise such as the S8’s , ie. will drive a hard to drive speaker without sounding strained etc. I needed 9 channels for all my speakers so firstly a single Elektra HD2 would not power all my speakers, the HD2 is still a great amp but the HD 2ch Reference is simply better again hence dedicated to driving my best and hardest to drive speakers mostly for music. The Elektra HD2 drives the centre, surrounds and atmos in ceiling speakers.

JDH

Edited by jdh500

Ah ha. Yep, makes sense. So you like the sound of the Elektra multi channel, just needed more channels. 
Its also a fair bit cheaper than the P5!

Many thanks

4 hours ago, jdh500 said:

The Elektra HD reference can drive pretty much any speaker without compromise such as the S8’s , ie. will drive a hard to drive speaker without sounding strained etc. I needed 9 channels for all my speakers so firstly a single Elektra HD2 would not power all my speakers, the HD2 is still a great amp but the HD 2ch Reference is simply better again hence dedicated to driving my best and hardest to drive speakers mostly for music. The Elektra HD2 drives the centre, surrounds and atmos in ceiling speakers.

I’m ditching my emotiva amps and am really torn between the HD2 and the Rotel 1585 for my HT setup....

• Like 1

I have Sigs .v1 (S6, C3, S1) & some Mission Audios for surround backs.

I also use Elektra for my power amp as it works very well with the Paradigms.

For the front end I use an older Denon 4311 passing through a Primare Pre32 with HT Bypass.

The combination of Marantz/Denon + Elektra + Paradigm is very popular and for a reason.

IMHO Primare + Elektra + Paradigm is absolutely sublime for 2ch........ :wub:

20 minutes ago, Nevyn72 said:

I have Sigs .v1 (S6, C3, S1) & some Mission Audios for surround backs.

I also use Elektra for my power amp as it works very well with the Paradigms.

For the front end I use an older Denon 4311 passing through a Primare Pre32 with HT Bypass.

The combination of Marantz/Denon + Elektra + Paradigm is very popular and for a reason.

IMHO Primare + Elektra + Paradigm is absolutely sublime for 2ch........ :wub:

All the “expert” reviews say the Anthem - Paradigm setup is the way to go. I’ve not seen too many user comments agreeing with them!

For my 2 channel my intent is to stay with my Turner valve amps; they work beautifully with the S4’s, it’ll be interesting to see how they manage the S6’s.

Which Electra amp do you recommend? Thanks for the heads up on the Primare, that’s a new one for me - more research!!