Here is a thought... Entry level audiophile TT vs high level entry level TT..

Ive gotta ask a question to this highly experienced group of folk. I currently have a very new Rega P2 with the upgrade of a Bias2 cart. I do enjoy it for sure but It has limitations. Im now able to consider upgrading to a ProJect X1 with a Ortofon Blue or maybe even Bronze cart. I do really like my current Rega but I currently have the ability to move up to what I perceive as a true (entry level) audiophile quality TT. Is my money worth spending? Ive also been on the StereoNet classifieds but tbh on turntables id prefer to buy new unless something was impossible to look over... and ive seen nothing recently. 

Thoughts appreciated!

Edited by ScottyPeace

Unless your looking at the vintage side of things, I wouldn’t be too worried about second hand on a TT.

Mechanically, a TT is a pretty simple device and as long as there are parts you’re gold.

People here are very honest on the condition and hours their cartridge has on it, but just keep an eye out for a ‘no cart’ turntable.

Nothing wrong with brand new of course, but I’m guessing you’ll be looking at $1500-$2000 depending on the cartridge? That’s a second hand Rega P6 with something like a 2M Black or Ania MC if you’re patient.

4 hours ago, ScottyPeace said:

Ive gotta ask a question to this highly experienced group of folk. I currently have a very new Rega P2 with the upgrade of a Bias2 cart. I do enjoy it for sure but It has limitations. Im now able to consider upgrading to a ProJect X1 with a Ortofon Blue or maybe even Bronze cart. I do really like my current Rega but I currently have the ability to move up to what I perceive as a true (entry level) audiophile quality TT. Is my money worth spending? Ive also been on the StereoNet classifieds but tbh on turntables id prefer to buy new unless something was impossible to look over... and ive seen nothing recently. 

Thoughts appreciated!

@ScottyPeace I would probably move this to Vinyl and Turntables

13 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

Unless your looking at the vintage side of things, I wouldn’t be too worried about second hand on a TT.

Mechanically, a TT is a pretty simple device and as long as there are parts you’re gold.

People here are very honest on the condition and hours their cartridge has on it, but just keep an eye out for a ‘no cart’ turntable.

Nothing wrong with brand new of course, but I’m guessing you’ll be looking at $1500-$2000 depending on the cartridge? That’s a second hand Rega P6 with something like a 2M Black or Ania MC if you’re patient.

Ive got a contact that can possibly hook me up with the X1 plus Bronze for a lil over 1500 Billy... Thats the very top of my price range.

13 hours ago, Billy Shears said:

I have been keeping an eye on the classifieds too... And will continue to do so ? Ive had three great experiences so far purchasing here... Im not adverse to making it four ?