Item Condition: Excellent with no obvious flaws
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: Need funds

Further information: Bel Canto CD3t CD Transport, DAC3 DAC/Digital Preamp & REF 500S Stereo Power Amp at 1/3 of RRP!!

The power amp and transport are current models with RRP of $4080 and $2350 respectively, the DAC is an older model just under $4K. The power amp should not be confused with the earlier S500. The 3 components look and sound beautiful together, as you'd expect from a prestigious US brand like Bel Canto, and can be stacked for an ultra-compact footprint. Separating items might be possible if not sold as a system quickly. PM for separate prices.

Despite its size the power amp is very powerful, rated up to 250W RMS @ 8 ohms/400W RMS @ 4 ohms, with balanced and RCA inputs. It's quality is demonstrated by outstanding specifications like S/N ratio of 125dB. A combination of the latest advanced components for the custom input stage such as Caddock resistors, ultra-low ESR decoupling capacitors, heavy gauge all-steel microphony reducing chassis, low noise regulated power supplies and highly efficient output stage reveal all the subtle nuances of music with extraordinary impact and resolution. The elegant switching output stage eliminates thermal distortion mechanisms caused by changes in operating temperature, while heavily regulated switch-mode power supplies generate little heat. These advances make such a compact and powerful device possible, saving space as well as shortening the signal path for greater information transfer.

The DAC was an upmarket model with comprehensive features for its size, including inputs for AES, USB, Toslink and SPDIF with sockets for coax or BNC, plus balanced and RCA outputs. One of its most useful features is the ability to switch between fixed and variable output. When fed into a preamp fixed mode applies, but when purely digital sources are used it can drive a power amp directly, with volume controlled by the variable output setting. As well as transferring more information via a direct signal path, this configuration saves the cost of a separate preamp with associated cables, resulting in an incredibly compact and cost-effective stack. In listening tests I've found this DAC to be particularly smooth, making it an ideal partner for the detailed and dynamic presentation of the REF 500S. It comes with all original packaging, an easy-to-use remote and manual.

The Transport is designed for optimal Redbook playback, but will also play CDR/W and the Redbook layer on SA CDs. One of the things I like about this player is the AES digital output, which provides the preferred transfer of information to a DAC with properly balanced AES digital input, like the DAC3. It is fully programmable via the supplied remote. This component is the most recent purchase and has had little use. It comes with original packaging and manual. 

Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
Rearrange photos
  • Like 2

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with interest in separates at present.

Apologies if I don't get back to everyone until later.

Edited by Audionerd
12 minutes ago, Audionerd said:

What's happened to the "edit" option?

I'd like to add more photos.

Up Right Corner, three dots ...

Thanks for all the messages. I promise to get back to everyone tomorrow if possible.

Although my preference is obviously to sell as a system, there's been nothing but lots of interest in separate components.

If no-one comes up with my asking price for the combo by then, it looks like I'll be negotiating separate prices.

Cheers

George

power amp has 2x icepower 125asx2 modules. I run 1 of the modules and prefer it to Hypex UCD and a couple other A/B amps. it’s amazing when you feed it a low imped. buffer like what bel canto has done. 

VERY GOOD BUY!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maggie
      Item Condition: Ex- Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Vermont State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Clearance Further information:

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
    • By patjoy
      Item Condition: Excellent! Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne (Northern Suburbs) State: VIC Payment Method: Bank transfer/Cash Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

For sale is my VPI Scout turntable with JMW9 tonearm, Dynavector 20x (VPI) MC cart and made to order acrylic cover.

A great table that has plenty of positive reviews that highlights its price/performance ratio very much in favour of the consumer. The Dynavector 20x cart was custom made for VPI with 1mV output. It combines the speed of low output and richness and low noise of high output. It has been sparingly used by me so plenty of hours still left. The acrylic cover was made to order and still in great condition. Comes with the JMW memorial tonearm alignment jig and spare cart screws/screwdriver.

All in all a great table setup! I am a fastidious person (read anal) with my audio equipment, so rest assured everything is in excellent condition.

I still have the box but l am reluctant to ship at this stage as l think l will struggle on how to pack it all up safely. So local sale is preferred.

• By greggy
      Item Condition: excellent - never used Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mount Eliza State: VIC Payment Method: paypal, cash on pick-up, eft Reason for selling: no longer required Further information:
       Bought for dac purchase that never got off the ground
      22 cm length still in original packaging 
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By silversurfer
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Dunedin State: NZ Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: too many headphones Further information:Selling my Meze Empyrean which I had for 4 weeks now. Bought it off a friend who ordered it directly from Meze/ Romania in 06/20.
      Arrived in NZ in 09/20 due to Covid19 etc.
      Also bought a ZMF Verite C two weeks ago and admittedly prefer the latter.
      Also have a Kennerton Thridi, Abyss Diana V1 and Heddphone listed on TradeMe New Zealand...in case someone is interested.
      Selling most of my gear to finance a Susvara or Raal...haven’t made up my mind yet.
      Minimal feedback here but check silversurfer616 on HeadFi.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By manbat
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT Reason for selling: Renovations Further information:
      Professional series -  Sony VPLW520ES Projector Bundle (latest software upgrade.) White.
      Lamp time – 2200hrs (lap rated for 6000hrs) – Additional lamp also available
      This is the native 4K deal professional series – all glass Sony lenses made in Japan, excellent reviews.
      https://www.techspot.com/products/projectors/sony-vpl-vw520es.122529/
      https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100

What you get
      1.     Sony 4K VPLW520ES Projector
      2.     Screen Technics Tab Tension 110 inch screen (electric screen with remote)– I had this made to order with extra-long lead. Great screen - no striations. Mint condition.
      3.     Blue Stream - HDMI – over ethernet kit (HEX70B-KIT) Base and Transmitter set - https://www.blustream.com.au/
      4.     Projector mount comes from Screen Technics model PRGUNV.
      5.     Projector extender from Screen Technics.
      6.     Spare lamp (new – additional cost negotiable)
      7.     Remotes – mint condition

Nearly three times the price to buy new as a kit. (4.5 years old)
      I am selling everything as a package. All items are mint. Pick up only.
      Serious parties only - home demonstration available.
      Strongly suggest that if purchased you get professionals to remove and reinstall at your residence.
      No boxes available – instructions and remote for projector and screen present and correct in mint condition.
      Sony VPLVW520ES Reviews
      What Hi-Fi

A pull-out-all-the-stops performer with future-proofing to its name
      Pros:Fantastic picture all-round, HDR support, Native 4K, Future-proofed, Solid, attractive design
      Cons:No 3D glasses, A pricey option
      Home Cinema Choice
      The selling point of the VW520ES is essentially this: it gives you both a native 4K resolution – something no other brand has yet been able/bothered to manage on a home cinema projector – together with high dynamic range (HDR) playback.
      Pros:4K pictures look amazing; HDR pictures look even more amazing; good setup flexibility; good price for what’s on offer
      Stuff TV
      A future-proofed projector with a license to thrill
      Pros:Startlingly good picture all-round, HDR and 4K, Dead simple set-up
      Cons:No 3D glasses, Still a pricey option

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-av-projector-review-430128

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/sony-vpl-vw520es-4k-projector-review.12100

Screen - Electronic Tab Tension.
      Screen Technics
      https://screentechnics.com.au/products/roller-screens/motorised-screens/electricinema-side-tension-screen 
      110 inch tab tension extra-long lead (allows to have the screen positioned lower than usual  – remote – excellent screen free of any striations.
      Blue Stream
      HDMI – over ethernet
      Projector mount comes from ScreenTecnics model PRGUNV.
      Projector extender

Photos:

PLEASE READ