SOLD: FS: COMPLETE BEL CANTO SYSTEM

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent with no obvious flaws
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Ivanhoe East
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
Reason for selling: Need funds

Further information: Bel Canto CD3t CD Transport, DAC3 DAC/Digital Preamp & REF 500S Stereo Power Amp at 1/3 of RRP!!

The power amp and transport are current models with RRP of $4080 and $2350 respectively, the DAC is an older model just under $4K. The power amp should not be confused with the earlier S500. The 3 components look and sound beautiful together, as you'd expect from a prestigious US brand like Bel Canto, and can be stacked for an ultra-compact footprint. Separating items might be possible if not sold as a system quickly. PM for separate prices.

Despite its size the power amp is very powerful, rated up to 250W RMS @ 8 ohms/400W RMS @ 4 ohms, with balanced and RCA inputs. It's quality is demonstrated by outstanding specifications like S/N ratio of 125dB. A combination of the latest advanced components for the custom input stage such as Caddock resistors, ultra-low ESR decoupling capacitors, heavy gauge all-steel microphony reducing chassis, low noise regulated power supplies and highly efficient output stage reveal all the subtle nuances of music with extraordinary impact and resolution. The elegant switching output stage eliminates thermal distortion mechanisms caused by changes in operating temperature, while heavily regulated switch-mode power supplies generate little heat. These advances make such a compact and powerful device possible, saving space as well as shortening the signal path for greater information transfer.

The DAC was an upmarket model with comprehensive features for its size, including inputs for AES, USB, Toslink and SPDIF with sockets for coax or BNC, plus balanced and RCA outputs. One of its most useful features is the ability to switch between fixed and variable output. When fed into a preamp fixed mode applies, but when purely digital sources are used it can drive a power amp directly, with volume controlled by the variable output setting. As well as transferring more information via a direct signal path, this configuration saves the cost of a separate preamp with associated cables, resulting in an incredibly compact and cost-effective stack. In listening tests I've found this DAC to be particularly smooth, making it an ideal partner for the detailed and dynamic presentation of the REF 500S. It comes with all original packaging, an easy-to-use remote and manual.

The Transport is designed for optimal Redbook playback, but will also play CDR/W and the Redbook layer on SA CDs. One of the things I like about this player is the AES digital output, which provides the preferred transfer of information to a DAC with properly balanced AES digital input, like the DAC3. It is fully programmable via the supplied remote. This component is the most recent purchase and has had little use. It comes with original packaging and manual. 

Donation to SNA on sale.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3183.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

Edited by Audionerd
Rearrange photos
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the messages. I promise to get back to everyone tomorrow if possible.

Although my preference is obviously to sell as a system, there's been nothing but lots of interest in separate components.

If no-one comes up with my asking price for the combo by then, it looks like I'll be negotiating separate prices.

Cheers

George

power amp has 2x icepower 125asx2 modules. I run 1 of the modules and prefer it to Hypex UCD and a couple other A/B amps. it’s amazing when you feed it a low imped. buffer like what bel canto has done. 

VERY GOOD BUY!