Orpheus Vs Krix

G'day 

Just wanted to grab some opinions from your good people,

Im about to pull the trigger on either a pair of Orpheus Aurora 2s ($450) or Krix Lyrix ($650)

I have a chance to go and listen to the Auroras however I am not sure I will be able to do so for the Lyrix.

Either pair will be powered by a PS Audio Sprout100 and will be on Tidal, Turntable and TV duties,

The room is 3.9 x 5.5 if that helps and I don't currently have a sub but will likely eventually pick one up.

I understand this is very subjective however I am always a fan of opinions based on experience.

Cheers.

55 minutes ago, muon* said:

Hard to say, in part as I believe there are different versions of each mentioned, using different drivers.

Ahh I just realised I forgot to add this in,

The Orpheus are the 2.2 (square cabinets, offset tweeter & kevlar woofers)

The Lyrix are older (pre Lyrix gold) 

At $450 they are a steal and you will not beat them for sound. They are also very easily driven by anything. I have just returned from a friend's house and he has the same speakers but signature  and the 3s and  they blew us away. They were driven by a Yamaha as2100 but I've heard them through alot of different amps. I have the Apollo signatures and 2.3s aurora's so I might be biased, (I'm not)Enjoy and good luck

Edited by Jonty1234
Mistaken information
  • Like 2

I can’t say I’ve heard Krix Lyrix speakers but I have listened to other krix speakers. However I owned a pair of Orpheus aurora 3.2 signature speakers for nearly 6 years.

My vote would go to the Orpheus.

• Like 3

My first pair of speakers were the Orpheus Aurora 2 in the Jarrah finish.  A well built sounding speaker rated at 4 ohms.  Bass response and vocals are very nice and refined.  Years later I added a power amp to it and the speakers came out alive!  Met the owners Brad and Kiat, very nice guys. 

The Aurora 2.2 now have the upgraded Kevlar driver making it more responsive. The Aurora 2 used Audax drivers.

i eventually sold them and upgraded them to Dali Helicon 400mk2.  Haven't heard the Krix Lyrix, but the Lyrix Gold is the 2nd Gen.  

I'd recommend the Aurora speakers!

regards

Michael 

• Like 2