G'day 

Just wanted to grab some opinions from your good people,

Im about to pull the trigger on either a pair of Orpheus Aurora 2s ($450) or Krix Lyrix ($650)

I have a chance to go and listen to the Auroras however I am not sure I will be able to do so for the Lyrix.

Either pair will be powered by a PS Audio Sprout100 and will be on Tidal, Turntable and TV duties,

The room is 3.9 x 5.5 if that helps and I don't currently have a sub but will likely eventually pick one up.

I understand this is very subjective however I am always a fan of opinions based on experience.

Cheers.

Hard to say, in part as I believe there are different versions of each mentioned, using different drivers.

55 minutes ago, muon* said:

Hard to say, in part as I believe there are different versions of each mentioned, using different drivers.

Ahh I just realised I forgot to add this in,

The Orpheus are the 2.2 (square cabinets, offset tweeter & kevlar woofers)

The Lyrix are older (pre Lyrix gold) 

At $450 they are a steal and you will not beat them for sound. They are also very easily driven by anything. I have just returned from a friend's house and he has the same speakers but signature  and the 3s and  they blew us away. They were driven by a Yamaha as2100 but I've heard them through alot of different amps. I have the Apollo signatures and 2.3s aurora's so I might be biased, (I'm not)Enjoy and good luck

Edited by Jonty1234
Mistaken information
  • Like 2

I can’t say I’ve heard Krix Lyrix speakers but I have listened to other krix speakers. However I owned a pair of Orpheus aurora 3.2 signature speakers for nearly 6 years.

My vote would go to the Orpheus.

• Like 3

Thank you Jonty and Jt. 
I'm going to try to give the Orpheus a listen today, might pick them up then and there. 

• Like 1

As you can see in my signature I might be biased in saying go for Orpheus. I don't see them leaving me any time soon. Great mids and everything else but the mids shine.

Hope your listening session goes well.

• Like 3

My first pair of speakers were the Orpheus Aurora 2 in the Jarrah finish.  A well built sounding speaker rated at 4 ohms.  Bass response and vocals are very nice and refined.  Years later I added a power amp to it and the speakers came out alive!  Met the owners Brad and Kiat, very nice guys. 

The Aurora 2.2 now have the upgraded Kevlar driver making it more responsive. The Aurora 2 used Audax drivers.

i eventually sold them and upgraded them to Dali Helicon 400mk2.  Haven't heard the Krix Lyrix, but the Lyrix Gold is the 2nd Gen.  

I'd recommend the Aurora speakers!

regards

Michael 

• Like 2

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By feinsinn
      Hi there,

I'm in the process of upgrading my sound system and am looking to get a better amplifiers. I currently own a NAD 7125 (https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/7125.shtml) that drives my Krix Apex MK2 speakers.
      They sound good, but I feel like they could sound better. Would you have any thoughts on how to improve the sound of the Krix Apex and what amplifier would be a good match.

- Ideally it would be a second hand amp around $1000.  
      - Current amp is NAD 7125 https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/7125.shtml)
      - My record player is a Yamaha YP-D6 https://www.vinylengine.com/library/yamaha/yp-d6.shtml
      - I listen to anything from: soul and indy pop to folk to trip hop. I tend to listen to more chilled tunes at home and not too much hard rock or hip hop.
      - I've attached the speaker specs below.

I'm a bit of a novice to matching amps with speakers and would love to hear from anyone with more experience then me or that owns/is familiar with the Apex Mk2 speaker.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Apex MK2 Specification Sheet.pdf
    • By Rolland
      Item Condition: AS NEW Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bellevue State: Western Australia Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash on Pick up. Reason for selling: No longer required. Changing set up. Further information:
      Selling my amazing 8 month old Krix Tektonix 450 watt rms subwoofer, it's in As new condition, comes with the power cord, manuals and guides as well as the original packaging and grille. This was part of a set-up in my theatre room in which I had two Tektonix subs, however due to changes in the theatre room which I need more space, regretfully one has to go.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By meesa
      Item: Krix Graphix Centre Speaker
      Price Range: $375 - $400
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Any finish, cabinet condition is not critical but drivers and internals must be excellent.

Hi I'm looking for a Krix Graphix to sit between my Symphonix Speaker pair.  I have a Krix Centrix which is great, but it is slightly too big to fit in my cabinet.  So I would also consider a swap if anyone is interested 😀.  

Unless I can locate a Graphix ASAP (or sooner) the Centrix will go under the knife.

I will plane off 4mm from each side of the cabinet to make it fit. Crazy? Maybe.  

help save the Centrix.

Thanks 👍

OK the cabinet has now been trimmed - no casualties to report. It still works, and it fits!! Cheers to all my subscribers.

• By shotinthefoot
      Item: Orpheus Centre speaker
      Price Range:50-150
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Hi im looking for a orpheus centre speaker must be able to post to tasmania i will pay postage.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By Rolland
      Hi everyone, back again with another subwoofer review, a couple of months ago I decided to change out my Krix Seismix 3 MK7 with the model up, which is the Tektonix to see if there was any differences or improvements to see if it can be called an upgrade. So here's my review;

Features:

As far as I'm concerned its not typical for a manufacturer to use the same enclosure from one model to create a higher model, this is the case for the Tektonix where it uses the exact enclosure that the Seismix 3 MK7, as well as this the Tektonix uses what appears to be the same driver unit as the Seismix 3 MK7, so far then things don't look significantly different until we talk about the amplifier. The amplifier fitted to the Tektonix is the major difference on this unit, where the Seismix 3 MK7 uses a 350 watt rms amplifier, the Tektonix uses Krix's KDSA 450 watt rms amplifier which is also found on the bigger units such as; the Volcanix, Volcanix Slim and Cyclonix (powered). I really like that the Tektonix like the bigger units has the LCD display on the front which makes things a lot easier when it comes to making adjustments especially if you don't like to keep moving your sub to make those adjustments, speaking of adjustments the Tektonix has quite a fair amount of it including; level, crossover, auto sense or 12v trigger option, auto sense sensitivity, Q adjust, set-up lock to stop unwanted adjustment. On the back of the Tektonix amplifier we have; 12v trigger input, rca sub inputs L and R ( L is for Mono LFE connection in this case), High Level inputs and IEC power input with switch. 

Set-up:

I have recently during my time with the Tektonix have made some changes to my home theatre system, so as far as sources go the AV receiver I'm using with my theatre system is my recenlty bought Yamaha RX-V2085 (RX-A2080 equivilent) with the Sony UBP-X700 4K blu-ray player and a Marantz CD5005 (which I recently for $50 and repaired). As for speakers, I'm using a pair of (also recently bought) Fyne Audio F302's as my fronts, Polk Signature S30 as my centre and 2 pairs of Polk signature S10's for surround and Dolby Atmos/DTS-X effects. I left the level on the Tektonix at '-20' with the crossover at 'LFE' and because I was using 12v trigger I set the option from 'auto sense' to '12v trigger', I left the 'Q' on default which is '0.9' and phase was set for my area as '180' and that was all that was done on the unit itself, on the AVR I had my front speakers and subwoofer level set at '-6' with the centre at '-4' and surround set at '-5' with the heights set at '-2', crossovers on the AVR were set to '80Hz' for the Front three speakers and for the other speakers were set at '90Hz'. The Tektonix was positioned between my front left and my centre speaker with a couple of inches away from my wall.

Performance:

I started my listening test with some music to see how musical the Tektonix, so I played Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" and noted straight away that this sub can easily do music, bass notes were flowing nicely with every beat sounding clear and tight with the right amount of punch that was not over exaggerated or boomy, I then played "Peaceful Easy Feeling" live by the Eagles and like playing Pink Floyd the Tektonix really did an amazing job of blending in with my front speakers and not standing out from them, but at the same time it gave the music that really nice realistic dimension to the sound, kick drums and bass guitar notes sounded seperated and very well defined, after the Eagles I played more wide range of music content and every time the Tektonix proved to be a great sub for music, staying tuneful and controlled even at high volumes without me having a second thought about the sound. As for movies I played a lot of movies such as; "Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker", "Aquaman", "Tron: Legacy" and "Avengers: Infinity War", to be honest I was really suprised because the Tektonix performed so well, it didn't just put out deep bass effects, on top of all that, every crash, thud, boom and crunch had great realism, dimension and dynamics to the sound and the Tektonix can go really loud if it has to, I have to say I am blown away to see a sub such as this do what it does especially given that it is not the size of some really big subs (svs) that I know of. The funny thing about the Tektonix is that even with all that power and performance in a smaller enclosure, I never once detected any port noise which is generally typical of many ported subs which shows that the engineering behind the Tektonix is fantastic.

Comparison: 

Krix Tektonix price for comparison: (RRP $1745) 

Krix Seismix 3 Mk7 (RRP $1295): a lot of people that I know of have asked me if the Tektonix is any different from the Seismix 3 MK7 mainly because they both have the same cabinet and the short answer is yes there are some difference in terms of sound, firstly especially for movies where you get a lot of LFE, while the Seismix 3 MK7 has some good depth, the Tektonix takes it to another level where it sounds even deeper with a greater sense of scale, but at the same time it sounds a bit more realistic and dynamics are a bit better too, while for music while both subs sound quite close, the Tektonix adds a bit more definition and sounds a little bit wider in the frequency spectrum to me than the Seismix 3 MK7 especially when listening to content with pipe organs. The Seismix 3 MK7 is still an excellent subwoofer within it's price range especially when compared to many subs around the same price, but obviously because the Tektonix is above the Seismix 3 MK7 in terms of product and price range, there really should be some differences anyway or else in my personal opinion it's not worth the upgrade.

Klipsch SPL-120 (RRP $1999) : I got the chance to hear this subwoofer and its an ok subwoofer, it goes loud and it goes quite deep, but its not very musical so I would not recommended it for many cases where you are listening to music with a sub, the Tektonix is very superior in every way compared to the SPL-120 for music and even for movies while the SPL-120 is very loud and dynamic, but it doesn't sound as cinematic as the Tektonix does.

SVS PB-2000 (RRP $1750) : I do like svs subwoofers especially given the price to performance ratio, so how does the PB-2000 compare to the Tektonix, well the PB-2000 surely goes deeper than the Tektonix and because the PB-2000 has a bigger driver, it can also go louder and it sounds quite cinematic, however when it comes to realism I feel the Tektonix gives more of it and is more cinematic while at the same time keeping a big scale sound and when it comes to music, the PB-2000 is pretty good, but can sound a bit slow and slightly boomy with certain music content, whereas the Tektonix sounds quicker and more tuneful and of course if size matters the PB-2000 is way bigger than the Tektonix, the SB-2000 and even the Volcanix.

Richter Thor 10.6 (RRP $1699): I have always had a liking towards Richter subwoofers, but the 10.6 definitely gives the Tektonix a run for its money and all I can say is that both subs do extremely well in both music and movies, in fact its a hard to pick one over the other for there performance, but if you do value features then they do differ in that area, the Thor 10.6 has dsp control for music, home theatre and merlin mode. whereas the Tektonix doesn't and all the controls on the Thor 10.6 are on the back of the unit, whereas the Tektonix has control on an LCD display on the front of the unit. The Richter Thor 10.6 unlike the Tektonix has an XLR balance input and XLR balance pass-through along with the usual RCA and high level inputs.

Conclusion:

Overall I have to say that I really like the Krix Tektonix, it does everything that a good subwoofer should do and given the size of this unit, it will fit in many places, while putting out excellent bass sound for movies, music and even gaming content, now of course I had the Seismix 3 MK7 prior to the Tektonix and would I say that this is an upgrade? It sure is, In fact I liked the Tektonix so much that I actually purchased a second unit because well, how can you go wrong with that.