SOLD: FS: Nottingham Analogue Turntable and Interspace Arm

Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Streaky Bay
State: South Australia
Payment Method: Paypal, Cash
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information: I purchased this turntable Nottingham Analog Interspace deck & arm as new back in 2002 from Australian Distributor, Scientific Design Pty Ltd (have original invoice) This is a great deck I had previously used Rega 2 & 3's and prior to that Kenwood DD & Garrard idlers but the Notts decks just gets it so right. As Albert Einstein once said “Make things as simple as possible, but no simpler.” this typifies the NA approach to TT design. In the 18 years I've owned the deck the only thing I replaced was the belt (2019) even though the original was still operational. This deck has the alternate arm pod on the left hand side so another 9"/10" arm could be fitted. Although there is no current Australian distributor for NA turntables the company in the UK is still going strong and will provide support if ever needed. The Interspace arm is a medium mass arm suited for medium to high compliance cartridges weighing in at 5-12gram. Included in the sale are 2 counterweights one light / one heavy. The heavy counterweight will accommodate cartridges like Koetsu. For a period I was running a Denon DL103D on the heavy counterweight which sounded terrific. You will also receive an arc protractor from "The Vinyl Source" suited to the Interspace arm using Stevenson A  measurement.  This deck uses the original platter which is made of wood & brass ballast I rang Tom Fletcher one time & asked him on his thoughts as to why he stopped using wood as a platter material. He said he liked wood but found it hard to machine due to chipping and the high reject rate was why they went to metal for ease of manufacturing. He actually talked me out of going to the heavy weight kit which they still offer as he thought the wood platter option sounded fine - Tom was always a straight shooter. What you see in the pictures is what you will receive. I also have a Boston Audio Carbon Matt which I used with this deck but will list separately on Stereo Net  The deck is in great condition there are no major dings the faux marble finish is in great condition and the arm is totally functional. The turntable will be sent using the original box which has thick cardboard walls and plenty of padding inside. Freight to be paid by buyer for a quick quote try (smartsend.com.au) box dimensions are 550mm x 470mm x 450mm weight 20kg my postcode is 5680.  PS - I recently purchased a NA Dais deck and 12" Anna arm direct from NA in the UK. I can honestly say although the Dais is a superb sounding TT it is not 7 times better than the Interspace I'm selling. You rarely see NA decks for sale which shows how much they are loved by their owners.  Happy to make a donation to stereonet post sale, any question please ask.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

Interspace_1.jpg

Interspace_2.jpg

Interspace_3.jpg

Interspace_4.jpg

Interspace_5.jpg

Interspace_6.jpg

Interspace_7.jpg

Interspace_8.jpg

Interspace_11.jpg

Interspace_12.jpg

Agree the NA decks have a unique appearance they are pretty to look at, and sound great

Cheers Johno

I have exactly this deck and arm and use a humble Ortofon 2M Black MM and it is wonderful. You can also mount a second arm should you be so inclined. GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Am checking this out from the UK as I have two other NA TTs [Dais and Spacedeck] and would like to add one of these - any idea what shipping might come to?

thanks!

Robin

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gabu
      Item Condition: Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Pakenham State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal(friend), EFT, cash Reason for selling: Moving overseas Further information:

I’m selling my beloved Klipsch thx ultra2 7.2 system as I’m moving overseas. All speakers are in excellent condition and were wall mounted in our home theatre but some got some superficial scratches during a recent move courtesy of an inexperienced removalist. 

The system consists of;

Three kl-650-THX LCR
      kl-525-THX (pair)
      ks-525-THX (pair)
      kw-120-THX Subwoofers (pair)
      One KA-1000-THX Subwoofer amplifier

Wall mounts included for all speakers apart from the Center and subs of course.

also comes with books/manuals

Pre-amp and power amp have already sold so I need this gone ASAP. I’m also selling two pairs of Klipsch RP-500SA Atmos speakers (in a different ad) which I’ve only owned for a few months. 

any audition would only be to prove that they work as my current setup won’t really show the full potential of these speakers.

if interstate buyer can organise their own shipping I’d be happy to facilitate that too otherwise local pickup welcome as I don’t have original package.

Also happy to receive payment by PayPal purchase if buyer covers the charges. 

Donation to SNA once sold

Thanks for looking. 
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Iron_monkey
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Sydney or Canberra State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Surplus, downsizing and bass needs replaced by fewer 21" speakers Further information:
      Heavy duty 4" VC 18" driver with shorting ring.

Reconed by me with genuine 18sound recone. Unfortunately for me their recone kit uses a black cone (not the stock original one) to my annoyance. Although T/S parameters are the same. 

If you want a pair PM me. I have another identical speaker.

Photos:

• By Iron_monkey
      Item Condition: used Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Sydney or Canberra State: NSW Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Surplus, downsizing and bass needs replaced by fewer 21" speakers Further information:
      Heavy duty 4" VC 18" driver with shorting ring.

Specks of paint on the cone due to accident from previous owner, see photo. Otherwise runs well.

If you want a pair PM me, I have an identical driver (with pretty much the same cosmetic flaw)

Photos:

• By candyflip
      Item Condition: As described below Shipping Options: Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Bulleen State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: latest finds  

Bryan Adams – Reckless 30th Anniversary 2LP
      EU 2014 pressing in shrink
      with bonus tracks and download card, played only one time
      vinyl NM/sleeve VG+ (would be NM sleeve but for a small ¾" tear in the front cover right at the opening - See the photos).
      My God – this thing weighs an absolute ton!   
      Sean Magee mastering.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Delivery Methods:  NO PICKUPS SORRY - mail only.
      Bank transfers, or PayPal (Friends & Family only, no notes) are both welcome.

STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW:
              Once sold, a donation to SNA of 5% of items total will follow.
              Any title here gets a brand new inner and/or outer quality Blake sleeve as needed before shipping.
              I try and ship 3-4 days a week.

THE SMALL PRINT:
             I fully guarantee everything I offer  - if you don't like any item for whatever reason, return it at my expense for a full refund, no questions asked (verified 30 day+ active Forum members only thanks)..
             Original contents are stored inside the cover.
      I try to ship all records themselves outside the cover, so any postal damage is minimised.
             I use mostly s/hand pre-made cardboard mailers for all orders, and these virtually guarantee safe arrival of your record (they are also MUCH faster to pack).
             Combined postage to anywhere in Australia at cost (or close enough) and is EXTRA (ie. not included in prices). 
            ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen.
      Complain to me loudly if anything goes wrong (although it barely ever does) - and it'll be fixed, in your favour. 
    • By Ericcklau
      Item Condition: E Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Turramurra State: NSW Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Japanese press with no obi and insert

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved