Recommend a budget SACD player.

I have a Luxman L-30 (full refurb by @Tubularbells) and Celef (proac) Mini Professional HE (think of them as a take on the BBC monitor sound, but with an 8” driver).

It’s not like the hyper detailed $$$ systems on here, but it’s blatantly obvious that there’s a difference between Qobuz 24/96 or 24/192 and redbook from a node2 (which will have an Ares II on it sometime soon for all my FLAC, and Qobuz).

I’ve seen a pioneer DV-939 for $300... anything better (up to $500 second hand)?

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, blakey72 said:

These play SACD's for $295 new. Don't know how they compare to a dedicated player, just a feature I noticed after buying. I tried one and it sounds good to me, nothing to compare to though.

Had a look at those, but they convert DSD to PCM first, so not much point.

I have a lot of MoFi dual layers, and IMO the mastering is 90% - but if I can get the extra -0%, why not?

13 minutes ago, motorsportmatt said:

I have an Arcam FMJ cd37 for sale if it tickles your fancy, the specs are impressive and it sound lovely

Thanks mate - unfortunately more than I’m willing to spend.

18 minutes ago, motorsportmatt said:

Can I ask what is your budget,  I will leave to on here for a few weeks and if no further interest than I will look into reducing the price

regards 

Matthew 

$500, maybe stretch slightly higher.

Not going to insult you by trying to purchase it for that amount. 

9 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

An option is the Oppo 103. It can play SACDs as it is.  But, in future,  should you decide to get a DSD capable DAC, the Oppo can be used to rip the SACDs.

Prob still out of my price range - but ty.

17 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

You did say $500 budget? The Oppo 103 has been going for less than that in the Classifieds.

Yup - and wow... last 93 I saw was $900 (I thought?).

Would love to be able to rip SACD - had planned on an ares II.

Edit: I stand corrected, mixing it up with the 103s.

Edited by Guest