Tidal Connect Supporting Devices

On 20/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, Flash said:

Tidal need to get with the program. I’ve only just joined on the $4 p/m for 4 month deal. I use a MacMini as a dedicated server/steamer. 
Download app on phone - check

Install Tidal on Mac - check

Try to connect iPhone app to Mac - nope...

I’m a bit annoyed. 

It’s so far a dealbreaker for us here.  We’ve been using the cheap trial.  Sound is great and music choice is great too.  Looks essentially the same as Spotify, so instinctive to use.  However with Spotify, the family (3 kids, and 2 adults that lose interest in fiddling with tech pretty rapidly) simply jump on, tell it (from an i-thing) to send music to “bla” device and done.  

Tidal takes the ease out of it, which in our house isn’t worth the hassle.....

Edited by Mat-with-one-t

I’m the only one in the household to please, so that isn’t an issue. Being in a wheelchair and having to relocate every time I want to browse, change a track, or album is however a massive PITA. 
My system is now at the point where I can tell a clear difference between Tidal and Spotify, but the inconvenience factor basically cancels it out. I can still thoroughly enjoy listening to music through Spotify, without wearing a track in the carpet, haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys - I started this thread but then I did a trial of Qobuz and I was hooked. So after 4 years of being on Tidal, I signed up for Qobuz. The sound quality is much better and there is no MQA voodoo to worry about. Gives me the flexibility to use any hardware of my choice! 

Good luck as I am no longer chasing the above manufacturers. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 28/03/2021 at 6:16 AM, Mike13 said:

@wkliePeter is there any update on Lumin’s plans for Tidal Connect?

Those with a Lumin X1 / T2 / U1 / U1 MINI and a Tidal subscription, and would like to beta test Lumin Tidal Connect, please let me know.  I hope to have a beta firmware ready by early July.

I regret to say that other Lumin models have a platform limitation and therefore cannot run Tidal Connect for now.

• 4 weeks later...