Tidal Connect Supporting Devices

I have been looking out to upgrade my streamer as well and did not want to pay for Roon or settle of spotty 3rd party apps that streamers come with. Tidal Connect has been on my wish list for a long time. The following companies will be supporting Tidal Connect. Please add to this list if you come across more devices that support Tidal Connect. This will help other FMs who are looking for native tidal app supported devices. 

1) BluOS - Blusound, NAD Masters, Dali Actives

2) KEF LS50 Meta Wireless II

3) Monitor Audio IMS 4 (Running BluOS)

4) Naim Streamers and Uniti Series - This is due in 2021 via a firmware update

5) Lumin - They confirmed that they have started to work on Tidal Connect but the timeline is not known yet. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

6) I got confirmation from Arcam that all their streaming AVR and the SA30 amp will be getting Tidal Connect updates. 

7) Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amplifier has got updated to support Tidal Connect

8- Cambridge Streamers and Edge Preamps will also get updated. 

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Like 1

9) I got confirmation from Chord that they do not have any plans of supporting Tidal Connect at the moment. They are still in the process of evaluating Tidal Connect as a viable solution

10) Aurender, Mail from Support - " I regret to say that we don't have a plan to support TIDAL connect at this moment. With TIDAL connect, there is no way to control Aurender HW properly " 

They recommended using the Conductor App which has native Tidal support. 

• Like 1

11) Auralic - They are also looking into Tidal Connect but no timelines as to when or if they will support Tidal Connect.

12) Innuos - They are also looking into Tidal Connect but no timelines as to when or if they will support Tidal Connect

13) Sonnet Audio - No plans to implement Tidal Connect at this point of time.

14) Matrix-Digi - No Plans to implement Tidal Connect at this point of time.

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15) Ifi Audio - They are coming up with a streaming module in the next 6 months that will be supporting Tidal Connect. This I believe will be something that can be used with their DACs. 

"We always have new products in the pipeline and we're working hard to bring TIDAL Connect to our products for 2021. Keep a lookout for out updates!"

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Like 2

On 30/10/2020 at 12:00 AM, BrownMagic said:

5) Lumin - They confirmed that they have started to work on Tidal Connect but the timeline is not known yet. 

@wklie  Any updates on the timeline ?  Any other major change in new firmware?   

Undecided, get iphone 12 or stick with Samsung even though i have app issues. 

Edited by Pasic007
typo
  • Like 1

Some more responses to me from more manufactures. 

17) Sonore - "So far no plans to incorporate it because it requires a third party paid encryption service."

18) SOTM - "I’m sorry to inform you that sMS-200 doesn’t support Tidal Connect at this moment, but we are trying to make it happen in future, hence, it’s difficult to  fix the time schedule for it."

19) Linn - "We have no current plans to introduce Tidal Connect at this point,  but we are actively investigating the possibility"

20) Antipodes - "Yes, we are working with Tidal to bring this to Antipodes, unfortunately, we have no timeline available"

21) PS Audio - Paul and our engineering team are looking into the possibility, though we cannot promise anything anytime soon - we're still in the early stages of figuring out what sort of licensing fees are involved (if any) and also what the hardware and software requirements are. It could be the case that a software changes is required, which is doable for our team though will take a little while given all that's currently on their plates. However, if it involves using more powerful hardware than what we have available in the Bridge/Strata, then unfortunately we won't be able to make it happen.

22) Pink Faun - Hello, Thank you for mailing. Our streamer are Roon core servers, in Roon is full support for Tidal. Tidal connect is very new, and as far as i know not available yet for our streamers

23) Logitech Media Server - Unknown. 

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, BrownMagic said:

6) I got confirmation from Arcam that all their streaming AVR and the SA30 amp will be getting Tidal Connect updates. 

7) Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amplifier has got updated to support Tidal Connect

8- Cambridge Streamers and Edge Preamps will also get updated. 

Ref the Arcam confirmation, grateful further detail. I am considering the 1140 but hesitating as I am keen on Tidal Connect without having to have another add on (eg Bluesound) and was hoping that the new unit would have inbuilt capability, but haven't found any reference. Be great if the 1140 will be getting the Tidal update.

On 22/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, marleshi said:

Has anyone heard of Windows/Android/iOS Tidal app supporting Tidal Connect as a sink/receiver? It would be nice to use our phones and play to another device (which may be hardwired to say an MQA- enabled USB DAC).

Based on the FAQ in Tidal's website:

Can I play music on my desktop app from my mobile app?

At the moment, you can’t control your desktop app, but this feature is coming soon!

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004565898-How-to-Use-TIDAL-Connect

Edited by Jackybrown
  • Like 1

I recently bought an Arcam CDS50 and got this info in reply to my email -

The CDS50 is not an MQA certified device and it does not support gapless playback

Unfortunately Tidal Connect will never come to the CDS50 as it dose not have the hardware to support it.

It's not really a big deal for me, I can stream through Bluos on my NAD T758 if I really want/need gapless. But the Arcam sounds better, this was their comment on that -

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "even though the nad says that it supports MQA, it doesn’t sound as good as the cds50" It's not just the what can unpack true MQA audio, but is how the products DAC is implemented.

Hope that's of some help to someone...

42 minutes ago, ohboyanotheruniquename said:

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "even though the nad says that it supports MQA, it doesn’t sound as good as the cds50

Quite a lame response from Arcam. Cant compare a CD player and an AV receiver. Anyways this thread is to track the progress of Tidal Connect and not MQA. My friend uses the Arcam SA30. Great sounding receiver with horrible software. How to fix that? Get tidal connect soon so that people start using the native Tidal app and listen to more music. Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunno77 said:

Linn aren't doing much about it but hopefully that changes.

We need more people asking for it! Audio companies are not equipped to create software and rightly so. It is not their core competency so they should ideally create hardware that can plug in with technologies like Roon or Tidal Connect instead

of trying to write their own UI. 

Edited by BrownMagic

3 hours ago, JPete9 said:

My player is a mac mini, is there a way to use tidal on my laptop to control the player (macmini) in the same way spotify does?

At the moment, you can’t control your desktop app, but this feature is coming soon!

• Like 1

25) Orchard Audio - Below is my chat with Leo of Orchard Audio. He is pushing Volumio to support Tidal Connect. Basically his gear runs on 4 OS so if any of them work with Tidal Connect, then his gear would work. 

Tidal - If you are reading this, please make it simple for device manufactures to be able to adopt Tidal Connect quickly. It should be something where in they can put a piece of code in their box and then Tidal will be able to connect to it. That way they do not have to rely on 3rd party OS like Roon or Volumio. This will also help more people just get an RPI and get into the world of High Res streaming bringing down the cost of entry. 

131067939_242896007262492_8628767238308231270_n.jpg

131183933_215477563402234_2052264649532421904_n.jpg

131307117_3392134544249626_2529596998656410414_n.jpg

• Like 1

A great initiative. The more the user pressure the greater the chance the manufacturer will respond.

I have Paradigm speakers and am about to pick up and Anthem amp. I am holding off on the Receiver as I’d like to match with another Anthem but am not willing to start adding third party products to get hi res streaming. 

Volumio - "Good news, the first step is done.We’ve had a call with TIDAL technical team (very pleasant meeting, BTW) and we’ve been approved to have TIDAL Connect SDK.  We’re now in the process of implementing it, but it won’t be quick. The implementation is quite complex and there is a certification process involved, so my best estimate would be Q2 2021"

So this is going to be good news for all streamers that can run on Volumio. This means RPI users can join the party as well! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 22/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, marleshi said:

Has anyone heard of Windows/Android/iOS Tidal app supporting Tidal Connect as a sink/receiver? It would be nice to use our phones and play to another device (which may be hardwired to say an MQA- enabled USB DAC).

I use my samsung s20 to stream via Bluetooth to my car stereo with no issues. I can't see why this wouldn't work with other players as long as they accept music playback via an Android device. I'm using the native Tidal app.

Rokna - Hello, yes we plan to implement Tidal Connect or other alternative way to Roon.
Kind Regards,
Nicolae Jitariu
Rockna Audio

Primare - yes, we have been working with Tidal for some time now regarding implementation of Tidal Connect by free software update as soon in 2021 as we can but have a lot of other things needing to get done before then. With the hope that answers the question, but feel free to contact us again at any time, Terry

Belcanto: 

No, we do not currently have plans to support Tidal connect. We use the SEEK ap to connect and manage Tidal, Qobuz or Vtuner.

Thanks for your question,

Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

Tidal need to get with the program. I’ve only just joined on the $4 p/m for 4 month deal. I use a MacMini as a dedicated server/steamer. 
Download app on phone - check

Install Tidal on Mac - check

Try to connect iPhone app to Mac - nope...

I’m a bit annoyed.