Tidal Connect Supporting Devices

I have been looking out to upgrade my streamer as well and did not want to pay for Roon or settle of spotty 3rd party apps that streamers come with. Tidal Connect has been on my wish list for a long time. The following companies will be supporting Tidal Connect. Please add to this list if you come across more devices that support Tidal Connect. This will help other FMs who are looking for native tidal app supported devices. 

1) BluOS - Blusound, NAD Masters, Dali Actives

2) KEF LS50 Meta Wireless II

3) Monitor Audio IMS 4 (Running BluOS)

4) Naim Streamers and Uniti Series - This is due in 2021 via a firmware update

5) Lumin - They confirmed that they have started to work on Tidal Connect but the timeline is not known yet. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6) I got confirmation from Arcam that all their streaming AVR and the SA30 amp will be getting Tidal Connect updates. 

7) Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amplifier has got updated to support Tidal Connect

8- Cambridge Streamers and Edge Preamps will also get updated. 

Edited by BrownMagic

9) I got confirmation from Chord that they do not have any plans of supporting Tidal Connect at the moment. They are still in the process of evaluating Tidal Connect as a viable solution

10) Aurender, Mail from Support - " I regret to say that we don't have a plan to support TIDAL connect at this moment. With TIDAL connect, there is no way to control Aurender HW properly " 

They recommended using the Conductor App which has native Tidal support. 

11) Auralic - They are also looking into Tidal Connect but no timelines as to when or if they will support Tidal Connect.

12) Innuos - They are also looking into Tidal Connect but no timelines as to when or if they will support Tidal Connect

13) Sonnet Audio - No plans to implement Tidal Connect at this point of time.

14) Matrix-Digi - No Plans to implement Tidal Connect at this point of time.

Edited by BrownMagic
  • Thanks 1

15) Ifi Audio - They are coming up with a streaming module in the next 6 months that will be supporting Tidal Connect. This I believe will be something that can be used with their DACs. 

• Like 1
On 30/10/2020 at 12:00 AM, BrownMagic said:

5) Lumin - They confirmed that they have started to work on Tidal Connect but the timeline is not known yet. 

@wklie  Any updates on the timeline ?  Any other major change in new firmware?   

Undecided, get iphone 12 or stick with Samsung even though i have app issues. 

Edited by Pasic007
typo
  • Like 1

Some more responses to me from more manufactures. 

17) Sonore - "So far no plans to incorporate it because it requires a third party paid encryption service."

18) SOTM - "I’m sorry to inform you that sMS-200 doesn’t support Tidal Connect at this moment, but we are trying to make it happen in future, hence, it’s difficult to  fix the time schedule for it."

19) Linn - "We have no current plans to introduce Tidal Connect at this point,  but we are actively investigating the possibility"

20) Antipodes - "Yes, we are working with Tidal to bring this to Antipodes, unfortunately, we have no timeline available"

21) PS Audio - Paul and our engineering team are looking into the possibility, though we cannot promise anything anytime soon - we're still in the early stages of figuring out what sort of licensing fees are involved (if any) and also what the hardware and software requirements are. It could be the case that a software changes is required, which is doable for our team though will take a little while given all that's currently on their plates. However, if it involves using more powerful hardware than what we have available in the Bridge/Strata, then unfortunately we won't be able to make it happen.

22) Pink Faun - Hello, Thank you for mailing. Our streamer are Roon core servers, in Roon is full support for Tidal. Tidal connect is very new, and as far as i know not available yet for our streamers

23) Logitech Media Server - Unknown. 

Edited by BrownMagic
On 01/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, BrownMagic said:

6) I got confirmation from Arcam that all their streaming AVR and the SA30 amp will be getting Tidal Connect updates. 

7) Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amplifier has got updated to support Tidal Connect

8- Cambridge Streamers and Edge Preamps will also get updated. 

Ref the Arcam confirmation, grateful further detail. I am considering the 1140 but hesitating as I am keen on Tidal Connect without having to have another add on (eg Bluesound) and was hoping that the new unit would have inbuilt capability, but haven't found any reference. Be great if the 1140 will be getting the Tidal update.

Has anyone heard of Windows/Android/iOS Tidal app supporting Tidal Connect as a sink/receiver? It would be nice to use our phones and play to another device (which may be hardwired to say an MQA- enabled USB DAC).

On 22/11/2020 at 12:08 PM, marleshi said:

Has anyone heard of Windows/Android/iOS Tidal app supporting Tidal Connect as a sink/receiver? It would be nice to use our phones and play to another device (which may be hardwired to say an MQA- enabled USB DAC).

Based on the FAQ in Tidal's website:

Can I play music on my desktop app from my mobile app?

At the moment, you can’t control your desktop app, but this feature is coming soon!

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004565898-How-to-Use-TIDAL-Connect

Edited by Jackybrown