A User Guide to Streaming, Downloads, and Personal Audio

Since 2010 I have been on a journey to move to "computer audio" - and it is an exciting and evolving process.  

Many of us - in this hobby - are always exploring what is happening and looking on how we can improve our rigs or get into different ways to play our music hence multi channel and high res. 

Anyway

Dr. AIX or shall I say Mark Waldrep is running his second kickstarter campaign to publish his second book on these matters.

I have supported his first project and am also supporting his second project.  Opinions aside if you are interested in these areas there are a lot to learn from his  research and his work.

More info here: 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ciwi
      Item Condition: Excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Marsfield State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrading Further information:
      About to upgrade so no longer used - I am selling my NAD c368 integrated amplifier with MDC blueOS module which is in excellent condition(almost new as it has been hardly used since purchased - been looking at upgrades ) as can be seen in the photo. Original packaging and items as per photos.

Great sounding amp which gave me the upgrade bug - It has versatile connections wifi, Ethernet, Bluetooth connection. Can also play all the common the music streaming services like Spotify and tidal etc. Note : no airplay on this MDC blueOS but can be upgraded easily. This can cast to Bluetooth or control the BluOS player from your mobile apps. Awesome sound quality and lots of power. Lots of features like home theatre bypass etc. Check out the reviews online.

Key Features
          80W x 2 Continuous power into 8 or 4 Ohms
          Bluetooth A2DP with aptX supported
          MM Phono input
          Analogue line inputs
          SPDIF coax and optical inputs
          Speaker A, Speaker B
          Stereo or Bridge mode configuration
          Preamp/Subwoofer out
          Headphone amplifier
          MDC Slots for future upgrades
          IR Remote
          Smartphone Control App
          12V Trigger in/out
          IR in/out
          RS-232 Serial port for control
          Control4, Crestron, RTI, URC, AMX, Savant, Elan certified

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By MAXXX
      Item Condition: Mint, as new Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Kardinya State: Western Australia Payment Method: Any Reason for selling: NLR Further information: Purchased last year  for streaming,  (used to amplify 2.1 system). Replaced with soundbar...
      Unmarked condition, comes in original package with all accessories.

The WXA-50 is a flexible 2.1 channel amplifier capable of effortlessly powering any pair of speakers. Its convenient design makes it perfect to pair with in-ceiling or outdoor speakers where long speaker cable runs are not possible.
      Simply by adding to your speaker system, enjoy streaming music or a full MusicCast (multi-room audio) system 2.1-Channel powerful sound --- 90 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1-ch driven) --- 70 W per channel (6 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2-ch driven) Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source Retro modern and superior quality 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically. Easy installation - Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet). Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W  More details and specs here: https://au.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/multi-room_audio/wxa-50/index.html
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Tony@melb
      Item Condition: very good Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: I have replaced my DAC and no longer needs this device Further information:
      The hiFace2 plugs into a USB port at the source (e.g. computer) and then connects to a DAC through coax interface. It produces better sound than many hi-end USB cables. I have compared it with a number of USB-AB cables in the $200 mark. One needs a good coax cable to connect this device to the DAC. Software can be downloaded from the manufacturer website and installed on the computer from where the music is streamed.

For more information, please see :

https://lnx.m2tech.biz/products/pens/hiface-two/ 
      https://www.thecableco.com/cables/usb-cable/hiface-usb-to-s-pdif-thumb-drive.html

https://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/m2tech-hi-face-two.html 

Photos:

• By spottie
      Just received this offer when checking my facebook today. On my phone it says Tidal HiFi $4 for 3 months, so my understanding is that instead of paying $72 you only pay $4. Probably for those who want to try out Tidal. T&Cs apply as usual so do check them.

*Offer for new users only.  Not available in all regions. Total discount varies per region and depends on the plan you choose. Your TIDAL subscription will begin immediately, and your payment method will be charged the promotional amount. After the promotional period expires, your subscription will automatically renew at the standard monthly rate for your region and chosen plan.