FOUND: WTB: One pair decent RCA plugs with 9mm cable entry

RankStranger

Item: One pair decent RCA plugs with a 9mm cable entry
Price Range: $20ish
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info:
need to reterminate one end of some cables and I thought someone might have a decent single pair of RCA plugs sitting around unneeded. Must accept a 9mm cable. Don’t have to be any silly unobtainium stuff or even in new condition but something of reasonable quality like ETI or similar 

May be a bit out of your price range, I have a pair of used Furutech CF 102R RRP $220 for $115 delivered or 2 pair of unused Furutech FT 111R RRP $170 for $120 delivered recently purchased from AVGallery.

Both sets are screw in so can be used on different cables.

Both supplied with original packaging.

20201029_060738.jpg

20201029_060721.jpg

2 minutes ago, Muzza71 said:

May be a bit out of your price range, I have a pair of used Furutech CF 102R RRP $220 for $115 delivered or 2 pair of unused Furutech FT 111R RRP $170 for $120 delivered recently purchased from AVGallery.

Both sets are screw in so can be used on different cables.

Both supplied with original packaging.

Thanks, mate. They look great but way over budget :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

Thanks, I’m familiar with those ones and I don’t love them, to be honest. If I don’t come up with anything better here, I’ll go for a pair of those or the fake WBTs kicking around but no one has stock of the Neotech white ones either and if I only have two red ones, I’ll lose track of my left and right and probably get run over next time I have to cross the road ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 minute ago, aussievintage said:

That's OK.  I was considering them myself.  What are the things you don't like?

We used to use them a lot in the hifi shop. If you’re just making up a cable once and then you never touch them again, they’re mostly fine. But if you take them on and off a bit or change them between cables, the metal is kind of brittle and the threads tend to strip and the clamping mechanism snaps off. They’re usable if they’re all you’ve got but not my preferred option

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

We used to use them a lot in the hifi shop. If you’re just making up a cable once and then you never touch them again, they’re mostly fine. But if you take them on and off a bit or change them between cables, the metal is kind of brittle and the threads tend to strip and the clamping mechanism snaps off. They’re usable if they’re all you’ve got but not my preferred option

OK,  much appreciated

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill125812 said:

Cliff electronics may have some Rean plugs. Very good for the price and will accommodate your cable diameter 

https://store.cliff.com.au/rca-plugs/271-rean-gold-rca.html

Thanks, Bill. I have some of them and they’re great but they’re only 7mm ID. Are there multiple versions for bigger cables? I need 9mm

Edited by RankStranger

13 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

Thanks, Bill. I have some of them and they’re great but they’re only 7mm ID. Are there multiple versions for bigger cables? I need 9mm

Yeah I noticed your requirements after I posted it.  

I have these that will accept 9mm

image.jpg