SOLD: FS: Technics SL-1200G Grand Class

SOLD
Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Harcourt
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash
Reason for selling: Land purchase

Had 2 of these as pictured but sold the other one this week to a happy stereo.net member. Only got one left. 

Lid (not pictured) are still wrapped & sealed. Box with cables & leads, rubber matt, still sealed. Always kept in studio, never gigged. Magic turntables to use & the sound is way better than the previous series Technics. Price is firm don't bother messaging me about a lower offer. These are currently selling for $6,999 new. Check my feedback from my recent seller and he’ll tell you this is legit, These TT sound amazing and nothing like all the other technics models. They are just amazing. Australian purchase legitimately through genuine panasonic retailer in Feb this year. Happy to supply orig invoice for warranty. Regrettable sale to fund other projects.

C87ECEA1-9DC1-4437-8DB5-CB2B3E537812.jpeg

E1B943F1-6968-46EB-9BB9-E73E9D5419AE.jpeg

75643F3F-AB06-473C-A08F-B423BB2CC5A2.jpeg

0A8A16E8-D5C4-4C14-8C49-8965EE61A635.jpeg

CDEAE34C-CAD2-4B4D-B073-EA2B4B7485AE.jpeg

C811BF21-9E4C-408A-B8BB-F83BE35E7EAB.jpeg

AFECA2AD-87B3-4279-8187-228F98530044.jpeg

E31ECD19-A91F-468F-9AE7-F3BF58A02E47.jpeg

• Like 6

Purchased the sibling of this one from @DarrenT and am super-impressed so far. It's in like-new condition; I honestly would be hard pressed to know that it wasn't. I've ordered a fancy new cartridge to use with this with the savings compared to RRP. GLWTS!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

You beat me to it @mbd! Lucky bugger.

If I had the spare cash I would snap up these two babies in a heartbeat. Settled for some overpriced mk3ds instead :(

Edited by fazisounds
Quote function didn't work on mobile so tagged individual instead.
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, BugPowderDust said:

Love those gold platters.

I’ve just acquired a sl1210gae and love it. So well  made and these are just the same basically (aside from colour).

great price mate.

21 minutes ago, Demondes said:

I agree the bronze colour really looks great.  I think if I owned one of these I  would try and source a transparent turntable mat (if they exist ?)

Just buy a copper platter mat  - looks great and improves the sound of any Technics DD.

kOjOy6Z.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, wikeeboy said:

Is that a mat that sits on the platter? or does that replace the platter entirely?

It replaces the rubber mat.  Sits on top and couples like a dream.

This is the famous Micro Seiko CU-180.  You can get more reasonably priced versions from other manufacturers thou.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, metal beat said:

It replaces the rubber mat.  Sits on top and couples like a dream.

This is the famous Micro Seiko CU-180.  You can get more reasonably priced versions from other manufacturers thou.

Ah ok, great tip thanks.

I was thinking of getting an Oyaide BR-12 mat to sit on top of the platter, but you reckon a copper mat/platter is the way to go? Definitely keeps in with the look of the GAE platter ?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, wikeeboy said:

Ah ok, great tip thanks.

I was thinking of getting an Oyaide BR-12 mat to sit on top of the platter, but you reckon a copper mat/platter is the way to go? Definitely keeps in with the look of the GAE platter ?

Absolutely.   I have used the Oyaide before and the Micro Seiki CU-180 and Artisan Fidelity copper platters and they are significantly better sounding.   Check out ebay, as there are cheaper options out there if the AF is a bit steep.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/05/review-artisan-fidelity-pure-copper.html

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=copper+turntable+platter+mat&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=copper+platter+mat

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=micro+seiki+cu+180&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=copper+turntable+platter+mat

18 minutes ago, metal beat said:

You're costing me coin mate! Need one of those AF mats ?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

These copper mats weigh a couple kilos at least, so people with lightweight belt drive turntables should be cautious if adding that much additional weight.  The Technics and others like my Yamaha GT-2000 would be fine

• Like 1