Recommend a clock radio alternative with half decent sound? Plus a few extras

Not the sort of thing I would normally be looking for, but the old (awful) clock radio my wife listens to in the kitchen has finally died. Before she goes to the Good Guys to buy the first piece of awful sounding rubbish she sees, I thought I would find out if something is available that will be less painful on the ear drums for a half decent price. New and second hand ideas welcome. Note, she is not particularly technologically literate.....

Requirements are at a minimum AM/FM tuner, volume/power knob, half decent sound. Nice to haves are DAB+ tuner, Spotify Connect, Blue tooth streaming from phone (for podcasts), maybe wifi. Looks will be important, but I have no idea what the preference would be - I'll have to show her a pic.

Oh, and we don't what a Google Pod, echo, any smart devices etc. Bad enough with the phone listening in

https://www.sightandsoundgalleria.com.au/product/pure-one-maxi-series-3s-digital-radio/

I bought one of these  for a work radio 

But its a really nice radio     shame to get paint all over it 

Good for the money     much better and larger than it looks in the picture

May not have all the functions you mentioned

Wouldnt think am  is needed these days as all the  stations are on dab 

Edited by david j

Ended up with a Ruark R1. I figured out I didn't need AM, good pick up @david j, I wasn't aware that local Sydney 702 was also broadcast on digital. The R1 meets all the other criteria, and critically, got a thumbs up for WAF. On its way, should be here today. Hopefully it sounds as good as the reviews say it does, I'm over the ear bleeds....

• Like 1

Good choice, I have the same model for about 3 years.  I think mine is a mk1 so yours would have better connectivity.

Never skipped a beat and the digital radio is great as I have trouble receiving the analogue radio reception.

• Like 1