Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Alexandria
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Upgrade

Further information: Selling my Focus 160s as have recently upgraded. I am the second owner. Speakers are in unmarked condition and Rosewood in colour. I have the dust bags and foam bungs, but no longer have the boxes so pick-up preferred by will arrange shipping if necessary.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

20201025_115149.jpg

20201025_115042.jpg

20201025_115025.jpg

20201025_115033.jpg

• Like 4

These are an amazing speaker for the money. Like most great speakers, they sound good with most gear and just keep getting better as you add higher quality electronics upstream. 

GLWTS

Any idea if they are much of a step up from the Focus 140s?

Edited by Syrot

The Focus 140s sounded darker to me. I liked the 160s very much and the treble seems a good step better than what you'd get with the similar sized pro series (BM) Dyns and I think a little better than the 140s too but the tonal differences made that a bit harder to fathom. The 160 is a very balanced speaker to my (admittedly somewhat ravaged) ears. The revised tweeters might be recovering some low-level detail too.. which has never been the old Dyn's forte. Few people seem to have anything to complain about in the 160s highs and several note better liveliness than the 140s which some have called softer sounding. I'd have rather called them refined but a little dark. Your mileage may vary! I had little to complain about with either.

Edited by treuben

10 minutes ago, treuben said:

The Focus 140s sounded darker to me. I liked the 160s very much and the treble seems a step up from what you'd get with the similar sized pro series (BM) Dyns. I think from the 140s too but the tonal differences made that a bit harder to fathom. The 160 is a very balanced speaker to my (admittedly somewhat ravaged) ears. The neo tweeters might help recover some low-level detail too.. which has never been the old Dyn's forte.

Agreed, the 160's are amazing. Buyer will not be disappointed!  I went from pro BM6's to these. I have to say, I'm considering moving up the upgrade tree also. What were you're contenders and what did you end up going with? GLWTS

I ended up being silly and buying the S1.4 LEs which I tried hard with but could not live with because of sibilance - those also have huge bass that is difficult to tame in smaller rooms. I should probably have kept the 160s. 😎 I should note that I'm unusually sensitive to energy in the 6-8k range and this is probably not a general criticism of the beautifully made S1.4LEs either - they just don't have the balanced sound/even tonality that the 160s do. They're a bargain even when they aren't bargain-priced like this!

Edited by treuben