SOLD: FS: Wharfedale Linton Heritage 85th Anniversary Edition

SOLD
Item Condition: Excellent used condition, 12 months old
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Western Suburbs
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash, EFT
Reason for selling: Change of Direction

Further information:

The "new" Wharfedale Lintons' are almost everything you could want of a legacy reproduction; classic cabinet design and production values with high levels of attention to detail BUT benefitting from current manufacturing and transducer technology embedded within.

This speaker is most things to most people but is best characterised as somewhat forgiving and above all smooth and neutral in its delivery.  Care need only be given to the distance from the front wall, as the dual reflex ports on the rear of each cabinet do require some breathing room to prevent excess chestiness in the mid-bass.

I've found in my eleven months with these speakers that they have no preference for genre or volume level, assuming the matching electronics are up to the task.  Whilst not difficult to drive, a reasonable amount of power - 100 WPC+ is desirable to deliver the most satisfying results with higher-energy music @ pleasing SPLs in a 30 sqm room.

My tastes lean towards greater incision and slam so for this reason they just don't quite cut it with rock, pop or electronica but the fault is not with the speaker, this listener just needs to make up his mind :)

Audition MAY be possible here in Melbourne, depending on what measures are announced on the 25th  of October and thereafter.

I have all the packing materials - four large boxes in total as the dedicated stands are included.  Strong preference for pickup by  local buyer however shipping is possible at the buyers' expense.  A 3rd party courier will be required as the size and weight exceeds Auspost limits.

This example feature the Mahogany finish and it is truly furniture grade veneer with full wrap and grain matching.

Photos:

IMG_0031.thumb.jpg.ddd60af437d7c83f7dedfd7d8310e97d.jpg

IMG_0032.thumb.jpg.612c29606d94a372ec527931d12cd76b.jpg

IMG_0033.thumb.jpg.664c44776c29ab020430e3e4d27e0611.jpg

IMG_0034.thumb.jpg.61138d2c6a2b33156a94bb6959babae9.jpg

IMG_0035.thumb.jpg.048820047928cf4cba054a141cb63e0b.jpg

IMG_0080.thumb.png.d7f9c5409cf44472995948630b8f5006.png

IMG_0081.thumb.png.1daac6f7a78319db9cc95fa3d64aca85.png

• Like 2

fantastic 3 way speaker for the price.  I am using this to listen to 70's and 80's music which are normally not well recorded. It is a very forgiving speaker and very analog sounding (smooth and warm). Easy to drive. Great bass.  Just don;t push this so close to the wall as there are 2 ports at the back. Give it a bit of space to breath. 

You can certainly use very detailed dac such as chord qutest on this and it will still not sound bright at all.  GLWTS. 

Wharfedale is certainly producing again good quality speakers at a great price. Watching their new Elysian range speaker. 

• Like 2

These are the ultimate smooth operators and have a very non fatiguing sound. They are a lot like Harbeth speakers at less than half their price ( you are not paying for a  badge ) They look great as well and the stands are  brilliant for storing some ( or all ) of your vinyl collection.

I would think  they also have a great WAF as well.

Excellent buying here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TZAR said:

Can the CA Azur 651 integrated amplifier drive this speaker properly? or a good match. 

I drive mine with the new Leak 130 40 w per Chanel amp.  Wonderful match 

The CA being British as well will be a great match 

• Thanks 1

The Cambridge 651 will drive these speakers easily.

It is also a good match in this situation, because it is slightly on the  bright and shiny side of neutral so the combination with the smooth Lintons will offset that and they will work very well together.