FOUND: WTB: KEF R3 / Revel M106 / Sonus Faber Sonetto II

Ritero

Item: KEF R3 or Revel M106 or Sonus Faber Sonetto II
Price Range: $2-2.5k
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I'm looking for a set of KEF R3 or similar good bookshelf speakers, ideally for under $2.5k, but if you have a pair you are willing to part with let me know at any price! To pair with an SVS SB2000 sub I have just purchased.

Condition can have slight aesthetic issues (with corresponding price drop) but must be acoustically perfect. 

EDIT: I heard some Sonus Faber Sonetto II today and those are now on the list as well!

Edited by Ritero
Found some speakers
  • Like 1

These still appear to be for sale:

I was the chap he bought them from and they were in perfect nick when I sold them. They sounded great. You'd be hard pressed to find anything significantly better short of KEF Reference/TAD.

I compared them side by side to a pair of the older model Revel you mention. Both excellent speakers. I kept the R3 due to much better bass, and equivalent excellence above depending on your room and preferences.

Edited by sfdoddsy
  • Like 1

Thanks mate. I did have a chat to him and they are on the list, the only concern I have is the light scratch on one of them. Not a big deal for me per se, but could be a bit painful if I end up not loving the sound and need to move them on.