WTB: Phonitor E/2/XE or Violectric 281 amplifiers

Item: Phonitor E/2/XE or Violectric 281
Price Range: negotiable, depending on model / condition
Item Condition: Used
Extra Info: Looking for a Phonitor E/2/XE amplifier or Violectric 281 amplifier (with or without a DAC)

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible.

Edited by indy500
updated to include other models
  • indy500 changed the title to WTB: Phonitor E/2/XE or Violectric 281 amplifiers
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buddyev
      Item Condition: good cosmetically, fully functional  Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Richmond 3121 State: VIC Payment Method: cash on pick up, EFT Reason for selling: Magtech
      I've just upgraded to a Sanders Magtech so my Elektra has to go. It's in very good condition - no scratches or dents, and it works as it should.  As you can hear from the picture it's an excellent amp with enough power, grip and finesse for most speakers - including the Magnepan 1.7 and B&W 805 D3 I have used it with for several years.  250 wpc into 8ohms, and close to double into 4ohms. It isnt as good as the Magtech, but then what is?   I don't have boxes so this is pick up only.   You can audition if you're a serious buyer.   
    • By Snowej
      Hi guys, I recently purchased (haven’t received) the STAX SR5 +SRD-6.

I’d always heard about the mythical electrostatic earspeakers. They say you can “hear God” through them. I was quite excited when I found a loophole that’d allow me to hear them without dropping thousands of dollars... Just buy STAX that are 46 years old. Research compares them favourably to even Sennheiser HD800s, which are about 10 times as expensive as what I paid for these.

Turns out they require a tremendous amount of power to drive compared to headphones, and unfortunately I only have headphone amps.

I’m looking for the most cost effective solution to get these up and running. Problem is I’m a somewhat audio illiterate, especially when it comes to stereos and double-especially when it comes to electrostatic earspeakers.

As far as I know, I don’t need an electrostatic amp because these come with the transformer which allows me to plug it into a standard amp... right?

What’s my best option? Cost effective is the key here, this was supposed to be cheap after all.

Cheers guys.

• By peppy
      Item: AUDIO GD
      R27
      R28
      D27
      D28

Any of the above All in One models.
      Price Range: Nego
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: I am based in Sydney . Can cover postage

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).
    • By amisty
      Item Condition: USED Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cairnlea State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal,(PLUS FEES) EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: DOWNSIZING I am the 2nd owner, bought from this forum couple of years. it has been kept in a smoke, pet-free household. Used with the M51 as a DAC and a preamp. Due to kids and having a housemate moving in with me have no more room and downsizing to a headphone setup.  Comes  with standard kettle cable have original box 
      Best photos i can get at the moment as its still being used as its my only 2 channel setup i have.

Photos:

• By hipnhop
      Item Condition: In great condition with normal wear Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Ascot Vale State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, CASH on pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Hi All

Selling my surplus portable amps. This one is a rare gem and is made in the USA. Specially ordered in for my shure SE864. The RRP is $399 US

More info can be found in the link

https://www.headamp.com/products/pico-slim

The Pico Slim is HeadAmp's smallest amplifier, at a mere 9.4mm thick!  Inside it holds finely tuned audio circuitry, including a unique 255-step volume control, and a powerful battery capable of 60 hours of playback time. The chassis is milled from solid aluminum, giving this tiny amplifier a robust build that's made to travel.
      The Pico Slim is designed to be an ideal companion to in-ear monitors and efficient low-impedance headphones, by using a special technology to maintain perfect channel matching even at very low listening levels.  The Pico Slim's advanced circuitry handles complex multi-driver, multi-crossover in-ear monitors with ease, and maintains a jet-black background for relaxed listening.
      The Pico Slim includes a USB charger, and a protective leather amplifier case.