Coming Soon - Dark Mode

• Administrator

A feature often requested, I am currently testing our "Dark Mode" theme for the forums.
There will be a toggle on the top right of the forums that will allow you to quickly switch between light and dark versions of the forums.

• Like 7

Great idea!

I use software called Iris which allows me to turn down blue light on screens in the evening and reduce glare. Helps with eye strain, and also lessens sleep disruption.

I'll definitely use the Dark mode.

Nice addition @Marc ?  

• Like 1

Qlders need to go through a rigorous initiation process I'm afraid. No other state in Aus is subjected to this degree of difficulty.

Needless to say that once your in, your in for life.

*#1 hint would be to practice rolling up one trouser leg and mounting and dismounting a sheep to approximate the goat you'd ride at the first round of inductions.(unless of course a goat is handy to your location)

What's that I hear you say? Your in QLD and you wear shorts most days?

I've given you a big hint then about how to move to second stage induction.?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Marc said:

A feature often requested, I am currently testing our "Dark Mode" theme for the forums.
There will be a toggle on the top right of the forums that will allow you to quickly switch between light and dark versions of the forums.

Great, Marc - so one can switch between the SNA showing lovely inclusive, family-friendly posts (the 'light' mode) ... and the other SNA (the 'dark' mode), which features aggressive, non family-friendly posts?  xD

Andy

Glad to hear this Marc. I was just having a browse on Stereonet Asia, and I see a number of the members there are requesting this option.

I am one who prefers to have a dark background, and will switch that option on wherever it is available. Probably comes from spending a fair bit of time on Unix systems, where I have my preferences set to green text on a black background, I just find it much easier on the eye than a glowing white screen.

• Like 2