• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The price column is now back.

Definitely working. I reckon that will right itself.     Just for you, that's done

Now I understand, thanks for that. A new feature now implemented that you can adjust via your Account Settings.  

Also, on my windows 7 desktop the font is tiny when I open any SNA page, that small I couldn’t read it with a magnifying glass. Not sure if that a computer setting or something else.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Also, on my windows 7 desktop the font is tiny when I open any SNA page, that small I couldn’t read it with a magnifying glass. Not sure if that a computer setting or something else.

No changes here related to that. Check out your settings, clear your cache, all the usual suspects. Failing that, hit the Customiser button and there is an option to increase the font size for posts.

@Marc just did a new post with a spelling mistake, the edit button is not available, I’m using an iPad with the largest ios.

3 minutes ago, awayward said:

@Marc just did a new post with a spelling mistake, the edit button is not available, I’m using an iPad with the largest ios.

Just look at the top right side of your post and you will see the three dots,. Hover over this and an edit choice will appear.

5 minutes ago, rantan said:

Just look at the top right side of your post and you will see the three dots,. Hover over this and an edit choice will appear.

Thank you, all sorted.

Thank goodness for dark mode!

Is there perhaps a way of switching automatically between light and dark mode, depending on the current OS setting?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

Mac on Mojave.

The Profile pages text is white on white. 

Greg

Is that Safari? Are you running the latest version / cleared cache?

There's a new look?

Get outta here. Really?

Apart from the orange ring around the post window, I'm looking for what else is new.

Clue me up.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Marc said:

Hi @cafe67 - have you cleared cache/temp internet files?

Hi Marc, 

cleared cache, temp files with not much change - using iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 

cant use the far right icon ,  but the dark mode icon works 

Can’t reply to a post /thread same problem , can’t type as the reply box is narrowed 

and oddly I don’t have the quote button anymore as per attached screen shot and the edit button from the upper 3 dots is also missing. 

on my iPad Air 2 using iOS 14.1 everything seems to be working.

FYI 

85EABEB6-F907-434D-A2A4-956AAFA2C4A4.jpeg

Edited by cafe67

• Administrators

I’ve just discovered that older versions of Safari are no longer supported by IPBoard. iOS9 is now 5 years old so I think that’s where the problem is. Old browsers can’t be supported forever unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I’ve just discovered that older versions of Safari are no longer supported by IPBoard. iOS9 is now 5 years old so I think that’s where the problem is. Old browsers can’t be supported forever unfortunately. 

Fair enough

11 hours ago, emesbee said:

Luc, for a new look go to dark mode, you will not go back!

What he said, I'm loving it, moohoo, mohhoohahaaa, MOOHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA.

Sorry, I went a bit dark there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is the reason you made the pages of the classifieds much shorter?

Much less items can be seen on each page now.

If you've been in the cue a long time your item gets pushes straight onto the 2nd page.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Marc said:

I don't know what 'safari' is, but I don't use it through my WiFi TV and I have the same problems as @cafe67.

All my other sites still work , but not SNA through the TV - I think it uses FireFox - Mozilla ?

FRUSTRATED !!!!!!! and GRUMPY

Edited by Grumpy
  • Administrators

@Grumpy - I understand you are frustrated. But please also understand, those using a 'TV' to access StereoNET represent less than 0.4% of our total users according to our device analytics. This is far from a common format or device to access this website. Without knowing what browser they use (and it's probably something proprietary), there is absolutely no way I can reproduce your problem. The software (both server end and front end) continues to evolve and we will continue to evolve with it, each time brining new features to the StereoNET experience. Old outdated browsers are going to get left behind unfortunately, that's just the way the internet moves.

There might be one thing I can think of to try, if you are willing and prepared to work with me on it. If so, drop me a PM and I will give you the instructions.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ewok209 said:

What is the reason you made the pages of the classifieds much shorter?

No knowledge of this one. It must have changed (if it has?) in the forum upgrade.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Marc said:

No knowledge of this one. It must have changed (if it has?) in the forum upgrade.

I have increased this now.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Marc said:

Is that Safari? Are you running the latest version / cleared cache?

Not usually--Brave, and the latest. Hang on, I'll try Safari——same thing.

Cleared cache—same issue.

18 minutes ago, Marc said:

Before the update more listings fitted on each page.

The change seems to be universal across all forum topics and pages.

9 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

Not usually--Brave, and the latest. Hang on, I'll try Safari——same thing.

Cleared cache—same issue.

OK--found a solution--uncheck variable width.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Ewok209 said:

Before the update more listings fitted on each page.

The change seems to be universal across all forum topics and pages.

23 minutes ago, Marc said:

I have increased this now.

:)

• Like 1
Just now, Marc said:

:)

I thought so, had me tripping out when I double checked a few minutes ago.

Thanks mate.

Good effort on ironing out the glitches  @Marc I like the Flip Sidebar option under the customise menu. BTW I'm sticking with Light Mode at the moment, the Dark mode doesn't do it for me.

Edited by Willmax

So previously I could take pics of something destined for the classifieds, flesh out the ad on my phone to allow direct upload of images, submit for approval and then go to the laptop where I could type the edit instead of frigging around on the phone touch pad...that hasn't worked just now, the submitted draft ad cant be seen here from my desktop. Going back to the light version didnt fix it either.

Edited by Darren69
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

So previously I could take pics of something destined for the classifieds, flesh out the ad on my phone to allow direct upload of images, submit for approval and then go to the laptop where I could type the edit instead of frigging around on the phone touch pad...that hasn't worked just now, the submitted draft ad cant be seen here from my desktop. Going back to the light version didnt fix it either.

There is no draft ad here on this end awaiting approval, sorry.

1 minute ago, Marc said:

There is no draft ad here on this end awaiting approval, sorry.

OK ta, will give it another burl.

So I sent the ad twice from the phone, no good, emailed the pics and entered the ad from the laptop, all good.

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Browser on phone cache cleared? Updated etc?

Chrome / Safari? 

I don't know if this is new to the update, but any photos I took on my iphone in landscape mode yesterday uploaded with the image inverted from how they appeared in my phone photo library. Any taken in portrait mode were fine. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Godot said:

I don't know if this is new to the update, but any photos I took on my iphone in landscape mode yesterday uploaded with the image inverted from how they appeared in my phone photo library. Any taken in portrait mode were fine. 

Looking into that one.

• Like 1

Hi Marc, liking the update, especially the white on black background. However, as a someone who's only device is a smartphone, the addition of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen is a major negative.

Reduces my screen size by 20% and appears at the top of my keyboard, completely cramping me to a single line of visible screen. And now my screen doesn't automatically move up as I type. Major step backwards for my purposes.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, deanB said:

Hi Marc, liking the update, especially the white on black background. However, as a someone who's only device is a smartphone, the addition of the toolbar at the bottom of the screen is a major negative.

Reduces my screen size by 20% and appears at the top of my keyboard, completely cramping me to a single line of visible screen. And now my screen doesn't automatically move up as I type. Major step backwards for my purposes.

You can turn that off in your account settings (Customiser Button). Most seem to prefer it so I think it's best to have it enabled by default.

• Marc locked this topic