I am loving the new look.

Just one thing, took me a while to find the edit option on my posts.   The old button was easier to find.  Not something that really needs fixing though.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The price column is now back.

Definitely working. I reckon that will right itself.     Just for you, that's done

Now I understand, thanks for that. A new feature now implemented that you can adjust via your Account Settings.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ray4410 said:

i remember someone asked awhile ago if there was a way of a relist app that could be added to expired classifieds instead of having to redo the listing all over again,any advance on that. 

No progress as yet, sorry.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, aussievintage said:

I am loving the new look.

Just one thing, took me a while to find the edit option on my posts.   The old button was easier to find.  Not something that really needs fixing though.

Yeah just a habit adjustment. I prefer the new cleaner look myself.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, dolphy said:

The for sale emails are not generating any details or photos, see below pic:

image.png.c7be4ac80f165ad1192d98df5829db66.png

Do you happen to have an older email on hand to compare please? 

I can't remember what info I had in the emails previously.

Too much info, people won't need to come back to the site.
Not enough, it won't entice people :)

I can't post - reply and I can't send PM's  and instead of the like-dislike button I have a grey dot covering it, all on my TV.

I'm using the home computer to post this as the problems above are on my  TV network which I do ALL my SNA time on .

PLEASE HELP!!!! @Marc

Edited by Grumpy
  • Like 1
  • Administrators
Just now, dolphy

@Marc below is a snapshot, the photos also appeared below the description. 

image.png.d5e2a621cd723daa52a91e01747bfa0e.png

Thanks for that. Very helpful. I should be able to get this working this evening.

• Like 1

I just had a look for the edit button, took me about 2 seconds to find it behind the 3 dots ... , so not a problem.

I always use SNA on my desktop PC, but the '3 dots' thing seems have become a standard feature on many applications that run on tablets. If you can't find how to do something, always look for the ... and chances are it will be hiding behind it.

• Like 2
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

I can't post - reply and I can't send PM's  and instead of the like-dislike button I have a grey dot covering it, all on my TV.

I'm using the home computer to post this as the problems above are on my  TV network which I do ALL my SNA time on .

PLEASE HELP!!!! @Marc

Hi @Grumpy - not sure what browser your TV uses and if it even follows any standards. The only thing I can suggest is if you can find a way to clear the cache/temp files/cookies for your TV's internet browser. Some stripped-back TV browsers though often don't include that function. If so, you'll just have to wait for it to update to the latest code and right itself.

10 hours ago, Rockford said:

Looks good! Are prices coming back in Classifieds, I quite liked the idea that you could scan through quickly without having to go through each thread to see how much the item is.

10 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm not sure. I don't think I liked it. Yet to decide.

I liked the idea, but not the implementation.

I also got used to seen the price tags along the classifieds and thought it was a nice addition to the previous version, so I kind of miss that feature now that we've gone back how it used to be in the past. I usually take a while to warm up to new features, but that was a no brainer IMO once it had been implemented - so it would be great if it'd return somehow.

Overall the 'new' site looks fresh and clean, uncluttered in comparison, so definitely a thumbs up for the ongoing improvement! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Marc said:

Hi @Grumpy - not sure what browser your TV uses and if it even follows any standards. The only thing I can suggest is if you can find a way to clear the cache/temp files/cookies for your TV's internet browser. Some stripped-back TV browsers though often don't include that function. If so, you'll just have to wait for it to update to the latest code and right itself.

Cleared all that I could and still not letting me input anything.

I can read the forum, but that's it  (I am again using the home computer to write this, but this computer is always used by someone else)

All was well using my TV system for SNA over the  last almost decade UNTIL the change - update.

WHY?

Looks like I'll be a part timer now.

Well, a change is as good as a holiday, and considering I can’t go on one, I embrace it!

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Cleared all that I could and still not letting me input anything.

I can read the forum, but that's it  (I am again using the home computer to write this, but this computer is always used by someone else)

All was well using my TV system for SNA over the  last almost decade UNTIL the change - update.

WHY?

Looks like I'll be a part timer now.

I'm sorry mate, but I wouldn't even know how to bug-find or replicate your problems with a TV browser. As mentioned, they follow no standards so I don't even know where to start looking. I assume you've turned off and restarted the TV again. Go to the home page, stereo.net.au and then click through to the forums. It might force a refresh. Or, the browser may just be very outdated. That said, there is nothing really new implemented here as far as HTML code - it's just formatting and styling changes.

If I could offer more help I would mate - but I just don't know where to start.

The web browser in my PVR doesn't support https: (and many other functions to display modern web pages) and despite years of users begging for an update on AV forums globally the manufacturer had no intention of updating it.  I guess their attitude is that they want me to upgrade the device, even though it was only recently superseded.  I will eventually do that, and one of their competitors will benefit from my purchase.

Edited by audiofeline

@Marc I think the site is looking good with the upgrade. Love your work mate. If you need a hand with anything just PM me, I'm off uni now till next year so have plenty of time ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, Willmax said:

I also got used to seen the price tags along the classifieds and thought it was a nice addition to the previous version, so I kind of miss that feature now that we've gone back how it used to be in the past.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I have noticed that emails from subscribed threads only have the first line or so and then ...     Is there an option you can flick to get it to send the whole new post?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, aussievintage said:

I have noticed that emails from subscribed threads only have the first line or so and then ...     Is there an option you can flick to get it to send the whole new post?

A bug previously mentioned in this thread. Still a work in progress :)

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Excellent news. Thanks @Marc

On 20/10/2020 at 11:00 PM, RankStranger said:

Tried emptying the cache. No difference. This is what I see on my phone when I open this thread. Same thing with any thread.

AA2C7A0A-0768-450E-95B3-7C7A393FCEE1.thumb.png.6d943e10095e42450462b61e81d96258.png

I’m posting on my iPad, which is fine. It’s just my phone. Let me know if you need any other info

@Marc for what it’s worth, I’ve worked out I can see all the content if I hit “turn off content blockers” in the address bar menu on my phone. Has to be done page by page though because it’s on by default

I know this is really minor but.......... The font size is different on the 'Unread' content screen compared to the thread itself. I find the smaller font a little harder to read.

Anyway no big deal. Just wondering.

1st attachment is 'Unread Content'. 2nd attachment is if I navigate to same thread in usual manner. image.png.2a8d050b04a48c692f60ee6b7809e803.pngFont.JPG.936f86bb50b616e97dbf890cbcb16f52.JPG

I have a gen 1 iPad running iOS 9.3.5 that worked fine before the upgrade , alas now a lot of things don’t work 

in the first photo  , only the home button works , none of the others work and the search icon is missing 

the second photo, this is what I see for “submit reply” the text box is now a lot thinner and can’t be typed in. 

I can use the “start a new topic” button. 

weird  

BFBDBE10-9A00-41C0-A26D-9A6A84DC5115.jpeg

2DCB39ED-08FA-4978-A1CF-754F206FD79A.jpeg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

Looks good Marc, top work.

Not sure if its been asked already (or if I just can't find it) but I'd love to see a "dark mode" as I view in a dimly lighted room and the white is very... BRIGHT if you see what I mean. 

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Administrators
17 minutes ago, John0001 said:

Looks good Marc, top work.

Not sure if its been asked already (or if I just can't find it) but I'd love to see a "dark mode" as I view in a dimly lighted room and the white is very... BRIGHT if you see what I mean. 

Cheers!

Reading through the stereonet.asia forums, I see you are planning a dark mode.

Congratulations by the way with acquisition of Singapore's largest dedicated hi-fi and home theatre forums, XtremePlace!

Dark mode looks very interesting. Will there be any plans to maybe give us an option with dark mode too somewhere down the road?

11 hours ago, cafe67 said:

I have a gen 1 iPad running iOS 9.3.5 that worked fine before the upgrade , alas now a lot of things don’t work 

in the first photo  , only the home button works , none of the others work and the search icon is missing 

the second photo, this is what I see for “submit reply” the text box is now a lot thinner and can’t be typed in. 

weird  

YES!!!!! that is exactly what my problem is too on my TV using wifi

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rocky500 said:

Reading through the stereonet.asia forums, I see you are planning a dark mode.

Congratulations by the way with acquisition of Singapore's largest dedicated hi-fi and home theatre forums, XtremePlace!

Dark mode looks very interesting. Will there be any plans to maybe give us an option with dark mode too somewhere down the road?

Thanks! This was answered just two posts up from yours :)

• Haha 1
  • Administrators
12 hours ago, cafe67 said:

weird  

Looking into and trying to reproduce this.

40 minutes ago, Marc said:

Looking into and trying to reproduce this.

Hi, i check my ipad when i get home and clear the cache 

• Like 1

I keep opening the Guidelines page by mistake when I want to go back to the Classifieds forum. Muscle memory is a blessing and a curse :D 

• Like 1
  • Marc locked this topic