New Look SNA

11 hours ago, cafe67 said:

I have a gen 1 iPad running iOS 9.3.5 that worked fine before the upgrade , alas now a lot of things don’t work 

in the first photo  , only the home button works , none of the others work and the search icon is missing 

the second photo, this is what I see for “submit reply” the text box is now a lot thinner and can’t be typed in. 

I can use the “start a new topic” button. 

weird  

BFBDBE10-9A00-41C0-A26D-9A6A84DC5115.jpeg

2DCB39ED-08FA-4978-A1CF-754F206FD79A.jpeg

YES!!!!! that is exactly what my problem is too on my TV using wifi

• Administrator
2 hours ago, rocky500 said:

Reading through the stereonet.asia forums, I see you are planning a dark mode.

Congratulations by the way with acquisition of Singapore's largest dedicated hi-fi and home theatre forums, XtremePlace!

Dark mode looks very interesting. Will there be any plans to maybe give us an option with dark mode too somewhere down the road?

Thanks! This was answered just two posts up from yours :)

• Haha 1

• Administrator
12 hours ago, cafe67 said:

I have a gen 1 iPad running iOS 9.3.5 that worked fine before the upgrade , alas now a lot of things don’t work 

in the first photo  , only the home button works , none of the others work and the search icon is missing 

the second photo, this is what I see for “submit reply” the text box is now a lot thinner and can’t be typed in. 

I can use the “start a new topic” button. 

weird  

BFBDBE10-9A00-41C0-A26D-9A6A84DC5115.jpeg

2DCB39ED-08FA-4978-A1CF-754F206FD79A.jpeg

Looking into and trying to reproduce this.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, gat474 said:

Also, on my windows 7 desktop the font is tiny when I open any SNA page, that small I couldn’t read it with a magnifying glass. Not sure if that a computer setting or something else.

No changes here related to that. Check out your settings, clear your cache, all the usual suspects. Failing that, hit the Customiser button and there is an option to increase the font size for posts.

3 minutes ago, awayward said:

@Marc just did a new post with a spelling mistake, the edit button is not available, I’m using an iPad with the largest ios.

Just look at the top right side of your post and you will see the three dots,. Hover over this and an edit choice will appear.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

Mac on Mojave.

The Profile pages text is white on white. 

Greg

Is that Safari? Are you running the latest version / cleared cache?

There's a new look?

Get outta here. Really?

Apart from the orange ring around the post window, I'm looking for what else is new.

Clue me up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marc said:

Hi @cafe67 - have you cleared cache/temp internet files?

Hi Marc, 

cleared cache, temp files with not much change - using iPad mini with iOS 9.3.5 

cant use the far right icon ,  but the dark mode icon works 

Can’t reply to a post /thread same problem , can’t type as the reply box is narrowed 

and oddly I don’t have the quote button anymore as per attached screen shot and the edit button from the upper 3 dots is also missing. 

on my iPad Air 2 using iOS 14.1 everything seems to be working.

FYI 

85EABEB6-F907-434D-A2A4-956AAFA2C4A4.jpeg

Edited by cafe67

• Administrator

I’ve just discovered that older versions of Safari are no longer supported by IPBoard. iOS9 is now 5 years old so I think that’s where the problem is. Old browsers can’t be supported forever unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I’ve just discovered that older versions of Safari are no longer supported by IPBoard. iOS9 is now 5 years old so I think that’s where the problem is. Old browsers can’t be supported forever unfortunately. 

Fair enough

15 hours ago, Marc said:

I don't know what 'safari' is, but I don't use it through my WiFi TV and I have the same problems as @cafe67.

All my other sites still work , but not SNA through the TV - I think it uses FireFox - Mozilla ?

FRUSTRATED !!!!!!! and GRUMPY

Edited by Grumpy

• Administrator

@Grumpy - I understand you are frustrated. But please also understand, those using a 'TV' to access StereoNET represent less than 0.4% of our total users according to our device analytics. This is far from a common format or device to access this website. Without knowing what browser they use (and it's probably something proprietary), there is absolutely no way I can reproduce your problem. The software (both server end and front end) continues to evolve and we will continue to evolve with it, each time brining new features to the StereoNET experience. Old outdated browsers are going to get left behind unfortunately, that's just the way the internet moves.

There might be one thing I can think of to try, if you are willing and prepared to work with me on it. If so, drop me a PM and I will give you the instructions.