DROP + JVC HA-FDX1 thoughts

I've been dabbling in headphones for use at my desk. All pretty mid-fi: HE400 and Focal Listen is currently in duty.

I wanted to kick things up a notch or 3 and try out IEMs before summer comes to Bris. I quickly learned that my budget of $400 or so leaves plenty of room towards the top end of IEM land though... 

Drop+ JVC HA FDX1 caught my eye. 

I prefer a fairly neutral sound, will probably run them off my Galaxy S10 or Maverick D1 DAC/Amp for now. 

Any experience or thoughts on other options in and around my price range would be appreciated. 

4 hours ago, Atjan said:

Drop+ JVC HA FDX1 caught my eye. 

Check review from @PassionForSound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEwYlo4uu3I

I was in similar position as you few months ago and ended up with Moondrop Blessing 2 instead for U$320.

It's arguably one of the best iem under $500 with excellent resolution and great tonality (harman neutral)

Alternatively, Etymotic ER4XR can be a good option if you don't mind deep insertion.

Thanks for the link. He is really not impressed. :D  

I've certainly looked at the Blessing 2 and even the Etymotic (although I think they may end up isolating too well at -42dB), but both pretty much lays waste to my budget. 

3 hours ago, Atjan said:

Thanks for the link. He is really not impressed. :D  

I've certainly looked at the Blessing 2 and even the Etymotic (although I think they may end up isolating too well at -42dB), but both pretty much lays waste to my budget. 

Nope, not impressed ?

They're an excellent driver, but poorly tuned (IMO). I can highly recommend the Tin HiFi T2 Plus as a fairly neutral, but enjoyable listen. I've got them here for review and I think they're excellent for the price (if you're after neutrality). The SIMGOT EN700 Pro are also very good, but have a little more bass than neutral.

Going way back into the archives here...

https://youtu.be/vthYtF_tSwg

4 hours ago, Atjan said:

Blessing 2

I'm thinking to sell mine for $350 incl shipping. It's around 3 months old.  

I found that I prefer to use a headphone for work.

All accessories (eg cables, pouch, tips) haven't been used except S-size rubber tip that was used for few weeks before I bought Sedna Xelastec eartips. (not selling this Xelastec tips but strongly recommend to get one, it feeels quite nice).

Also, incl 1x new M size foam tips.

On 20/10/2020 at 7:19 PM, PassionForSound said:

Nope, not impressed ?

They're an excellent driver, but poorly tuned (IMO). I can highly recommend the Tin HiFi T2 Plus as a fairly neutral, but enjoyable listen. I've got them here for review and I think they're excellent for the price (if you're after neutrality). The SIMGOT EN700 Pro are also very good, but have a little more bass than neutral.

Going way back into the archives here...

https://youtu.be/vthYtF_tSwg

Thanks for that. 

I suppose a bit of eq would not cause too much harm?