Ive got an SL-10 recently and would really like recommendations other than the almost unobtainable EPS-310MC that it originally came with

- Its currently got an audio technica 311EP mounted 

Does anyone have any suggestions? MM or MC options welcome! 

Outside of the 310MC, I enjoyed the Pickering TMZ-22E. Not as smooth or refined as the 310, but nice and dynamic. I preferred it to the Technics EPS-22 with boron cantilever that originally came with the Technics SL-7. Thakker sells it but not sure if they’ve reopened shipping to Australia.

Edited by Doppelganger

Search technics 310 cartridge in eBay, you may be surprised just how many come up for sale. I believe the original would have been an EPC 310, and the replacement EPS 310 come up on ebay regularly as new old stock units. Expect to pay in the $650 range.

On 18/10/2020 at 7:50 AM, Doppelganger said:

Outside of the 310MC, I enjoyed the Pickering TMZ-22E. Not as smooth or refined as the 310, but nice and dynamic. I preferred it to the Technics EPS-22 with boron cantilever that originally came with the Technics SL-7. Thakker sells it but not sure if they’ve reopened shipping to Australia.

I'll definitely check it out! Any chance you'd be letting go of any new old stock 310MCs? :)

43 minutes ago, Fugushima said:

I'll definitely check it out! Any chance you'd be letting go of any new old stock 310MCs? :)

I only have one still sealed 310MC and not keen on selling and definitely not at the price suggested a few posts ago.😲 You may get a lightly used or unsealed ‘possibly’ NOS one for $650 - $750 but a still sealed, guaranteed NOS would be closer to $900+.

If you pm Hlov, he has my former Pickering cart and was looking at selling (he’s using a 310MC I sold him).

On 18/10/2020 at 1:43 AM, Fugushima said:

Ive got an SL-10 recently and would really like recommendations other than the almost unobtainable EPS-310MC that it originally came with

Does anyone have any suggestions? MM or MC options welcome! 

What is wrong with the EPS 310 you have?

Chris

12 minutes ago, cafe latte said:

Chris

Ummm, given the OP's initial post:

On 18/10/2020 at 2:43 AM, Fugushima said:

I've got an SL-10 recently and would really like recommendations other than the almost unobtainable EPS-310MC that it originally came with

... it would appear he currently has a 311EP?

Andy

8 hours ago, cafe latte said:

Chris

oh, i just dont have one (yet)! haha i'll get my hands on one hopefully!

Has anyone used the current Garrott bros setup to have an EPS-310 retipped? I have one on my SL-10 that still sounds pretty good to my ears but at some point I'll have to bite the bullet and get a new diamond. 

Also curious as to whether anyone has had success with the higher-end Grado p-mounts on an SL-10. I tried a Prestige Black with my SL-5 and it sounded pretty cheerful (with no hum) but to be honest most things sound pretty cheerful through the SL-5 - it's great fun for tunes in the living room but probably not the most revealing of the Technics linear trackers. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MartyK
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: NA State: Queensland Payment Method: Paypal, Cash On Pickup Reason for selling:  

Unable to be sold at this time. Please remove post
    • By Alfe33
      Item Condition: <50 hours of use Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Eastern Suburbs State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal (+fees) or COD Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

Ortofon moving magnet cartridge with Nude Fine Line stylus.

The cartridge was supplied with my ex-demo turntable and has less than 50 hours on it. I have not mounted or used the cartridge. Offered at less than half the price when new in store!

The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove.

The Ortofon 2M Bronze is second from the top of Ortofon's moving magnet cartridge range. 

The 2M Bronze shares the same body as the top of the range 2M Black, so you can buy a Black stylus only and upgrade should you get the itch.

Supplied:

Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge
      2 x mounting screws

NOT SUPPLIED
      - manual, brush, screw driver, original case

Links -

Manufacturer's page - https://www.ortofon.com/ortofon-2m-bronze-p-325
      Reviews - http://www.audioreview.com/product/analog-sources/cartridges/ortofon/2m-bronze.html
      Store price example - https://www.apollohifi.com.au/audio/turntables/ortofon-2m-bronze-cartridge.html

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By DarrenT
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Harcourt State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Funding other prjects Price lowered from 10,990 to 9,990. Need gone this week. No offers, price firm.
      Further information:
       Pickup Only - No Postage - Location Harcourt 90 min north of Melbourne. Description: Mint condition - 9 months old MATCHED SERIAL NUMBERED PAIR. Lids (not pictured) are still wrapped & sealed. Boxes with cables & leads, rubber matt, manual, still sealed. Always kept in studio, never gigged. Magic turntables to use & the sound is way better than the previous series Technics. Price is firm don't bother messaging me about a lower offer. These are currently selling for $14,000AU new. If you've never used these to mix on then your missing out & unqualified to make a judgment if they are worth it. They are just amazing. Regrettable sale to fund other projects

Photos:  
      PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Dacman
      Item Condition: as new Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: 3023 State: Victoria Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3% COD bank transfer Only Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Photos: In as new condition about 3 weeks old and only around one hour use on it. 

PLEASE READ

• By Family Jules
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Lane Cove State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal or EFT Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:

This cartridge has had approximately 150 hours use and is in perfect condition. I can't remember the exact retail price when purchased new but from memory it was around $2500 give or take.

I'm selling simply because I decided to upgrade to an Acoustical Systems Archon cartridge. This wasn't due to any outright criticism of the Pi itself but simply due to that never ending "itch" to always try and improve on what you've got! IMHO it's a fantastic all round cartridge - nicely balanced and superbly detailed.

As you can see from the photos the cantilever is in perfect condition and the cart was never dropped onto the record or 'abused' in any way. Included are the stylus cleaning brush, standard fastening screws which come in two lengths and a pair of washers.

Specs from Brinkmann website:

Type Moving Coil Weight 14 g Stylus microridge, radius 3 µm Compliance 15 µm/mN Tracking force 1,8 g Vertical tracking angle 23° Output voltage 0,15 mV (velocity 1 cm/sec) Output impedance 20 Ohm Load (recommended) 600 Ohm Frequency response 0 Hz....30 kHz Frequency intermodulation 0,5 % Crosstalk 25 dB (1 kHz) Body three-piece resonance optimised luminum body    
      Photos:

PLEASE READ