Apple Computer Advice Needed

Hi All, I have a early 2009 Apple tower desktop computer, in

my bedroom, space is tight, what I would like to know is, can I use my iPhone 8 Plus to control the computer instead of using the computers keyboard and mouse ?  yes, space is that tight, if so, how ? Thanks 

Edited by Digital Man

1 minute ago, Digital Man said:

Hi, Okay, if it’s already built in, how do I recognise and find it ? Thanks 

search  "apple vnc server"

https://support.jumpdesktop.com/hc/en-us/articles/216425923-Mac-How-do-I-enable-the-VNC-Server-built-into-the-Mac-

1 minute ago, Digital Man said:

Also, VNC, is that the name of the software ?

Yep

• 1 month later...
On 15/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, Digital Man said:

Hi All, I have a early 2009 Apple tower desktop computer, in

my bedroom, space is tight, what I would like to know is, can I use my iPhone 8 Plus to control the computer instead of using the computers keyboard and mouse ?  yes, space is that tight, if so, how ? Thanks 

I use the Screens app on my iPad to control my Macs. It works brilliantly and fast, using the Mac’s built-in screen sharing. The iPhone 8 Plus screen is going to be quite small for this, but it definitely works.

25 minutes ago, Honreekea said:

Thinking about a new Imac Pro. Any reports on common problems with them? 

thnks

The only problem I can see is that the just released entry-level Macbook Air M1 is almost as fast or much faster, in multi-core and single-core CPU benchmarks, respectively. The Intel chips are really going to look bad next year when Apple applies their silicon to the higher end Macs. The iMac Pro was last updated 3 years ago, it feels like it would be next in line for the Apple silicon treatment.

That said, if you need a workstation class Mac with a fantastic 5K display right now then you should buy one. Otherwise, sit tight and wait :) 

5 minutes ago, Steffen said:

The only problem I can see is that the just released entry-level Macbook Air M1 is almost as fast or much faster, in multi-core and single-core CPU benchmarks, respectively. The Intel chips are really going to look bad next year when Apple applies their silicon to the higher end Macs. The iMac Pro was last updated 3 years ago, it feels like it would be next in line for the Apple silicon treatment.

That said, if you need a workstation class Mac with a fantastic 5K display right now then you should buy one. Otherwise, sit tight and wait :) 

Okay.  thanks.  I'll try to get a M1 mini at 16g and 1t drive. cheers

On 15/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Digital Man said:

Hi, Okay, if it’s already built in, how do I recognise and find it ? Thanks 

Turn it on:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh11848/mac

Then use a VNC app on the iPhone to connect to the Mac (there are many VNC apps for iOS)