WTB: power cable 2 M good quality

evil c

Item: Power cable 2m IEC 
Price Range:  up to $500
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: currently using a combo of Isotek and Nordost power cables for my system and need a longer one (2m) to reach my power amplifier.

Please let me know if you have something suitable, similar to above brands or others like Furutech, MusicCord Pro, etc.

Needs to be capable of providing high current to my amplifier.

Open to suggestions . ?

May be below the paygrade you're looking at but they certainly fit the bill in my eyes and are a local made steal for their price instead.

https://audioprincipe.com.au/australian-power-cables/signature-shielded-power-cable/

Furutech connectors and 14mm diameter shielded cable with 3x 2.5mm pure copper conductors making them suitable for high current.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

May be below the paygrade you're looking at but they certainly fit the bill in my eyes and are a local made steal for their price instead.

https://audioprincipe.com.au/australian-power-cables/signature-shielded-power-cable/

Furutech connectors and 14mm diameter shielded cable with 3x 2.5mm pure copper conductors making them suitable for high current.

No it actually looks like a good match to me, if I can spend less and still obtain a quality power cable - then all the better!

Have you tried these out yourself,  Con? ?

Just now, evil c said:

No it actually looks like a good match to me, if I can spend less and still obtain a quality power cable - then all the better!

You can option them "up" with rhodium for what it's worth too. Peter is always receptive and makes them up to order and delivers them promptly.

1 minute ago, evil c said:

Yes I have, and can confirm they deliver power successfully.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ittaku said:

You can option them "up" with rhodium for what it's worth too. Peter is always receptive and makes them up to order and delivers them promptly.

Yes I have, and can confirm they deliver power successfully.

Yes I did just notice that option, and always happy to support local businesses. 

Ultimately that is the number 1 prerequisite !,?

Know you have high standards required in all aspects of your system so appreciate the endorsement. 

Will contact him shortly. 

5 hours ago, evil c said:

Hi Clive 

Peter Graves makes a great power cord.   And is a great guy to deal with.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

Multi talented too. Used to be on the old Mission Impossible TV Series.

You wally ! ?

Edit: before my time. 

Edited by evil c
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, petng said:

Aussie or US plugs?

I'm puzzled by U.S. plugs, surely they're unsuited to our power points and will require either changing or an adapter fitted.

Have just ordered a 2m Signature power cord from Peter, very easy to deal with! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evil c said:

I'm puzzled by U.S. plugs, surely they're unsuited to our power points and will require either changing or an adapter fitted.

Have just ordered a 2m Signature power cord from Peter, very easy to deal with! ?

Evil

I have been told that US plugs are constructed better and/or allow higher power draw and I believe this is why you see so many US plug cables and power boards for sale. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DanFi said:

Evil

I have been told that US plugs are constructed better and/or allow higher power draw and I believe this is why you see so many US plug cables and power boards for sale. 

US plugs might show a higher amp rating, but that's because they have a lower voltage supply.

110V at 20A = 2200W and 240V at 10A = 2400W

24 minutes ago, DanFi said:

Evil

I would not like to think what my insurance companies response would be in a serious event! ?

1 hour ago, petng said:

?

Let us know on how they go. They look great value with the Furutech plugs 

Sure thing, might be another few weeks due to stock coming from overseas. 

5 hours ago, lordvader82 said:

Don't just look at the power rating - the voltage rating is very important too.

240V is much more dangerous than 110V!

230V makes you really dead and 110V just makes you dead?

Edited by Benjet

Any of these voltages are lethal of the current crosses your heart.

240V has higher potential, so is more likely to break skin, and access all that conductive goodness beneath.

110V isn't as "strong", so to speak, so your skin offers better resistance against it.

On 16/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, evil c said:

I`ve had Signature power cord for a few years highly recommended great bang for your buck ?

• Like 1