Audio Deep

HI,

Is anyone familiar with the business Audio - Deep. They sell second hand HiFi gear, located in Europe, and I am looking at a couple of speakers they are selling. The only contact is a person called Josef, who will only respond via email and refuses to take live meetings via Zoom so that I can inspect the speakers in question.

Has anyone ever used this business because at this stage I'm beginning to think that the next email from him will have some reference to Nigerian Royalty and how if I just deposit 10k in his account so he can escape the country I will be hansomely rewarded in the future.

1 hour ago, goedy said:

HI,

Is anyone familiar with the business Audio - Deep. They sell second hand HiFi gear, located in Europe, and I am looking at a couple of speakers they are selling. The only contact is a person called Josef, who will only respond via email and refuses to take live meetings via Zoom so that I can inspect the speakers in question.

Has anyone ever used this business because at this stage I'm beginning to think that the next email from him will have some reference to Nigerian Royalty and how if I just deposit 10k in his account so he can escape the country I will be hansomely rewarded in the future.

Your description ... says enough to avoid falling for that one.  Look instead to reputable sellers with genuine feedback from buyers indicative of good business ethics, and passion for what they sell or manufacture.  

• Like 1

The website site seems real, and both addresses appear on maps, but the business names aren't shown. That may not mean anything as the street view photos may be dated. Check with the trade desk at the British High Commission to find out if they are a registered business. That's what the trade desk is for.

3 hours ago, goedy said:

HI,

Run away in the opposite direction, fast! Screaming if neceassary.

Unfortunately there are many people who are less than reputable.  I haven't got any knowledge of "Audio Deep".  There have been a number of times when I've been interested in some audio equipment (or other high-priced item) when I haven't felt confident about the transaction.  In these cases I think it's important to listen to your gut feeling and walk away if you are feeling uneasy.  It's only hifi, and there will be other options come up.  Better to wait than to go through the heartache of being ripped-off.

1 hour ago, Billy Shears said:

Audio connection had a set for a looooooooong time - most likely sold, but might just be sitting there.

Thanks for that - sold a while ago. Appreciate the lead .