The Lord of the Rings UHD Blu-ray

Which set will you grab?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So you trust his perfect score considering the issues outlined in the video?

I’m not suggesting it’s not worth buying, the reviewer himself explains why it likely cannot be improved upon, but a perfect score? 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How great was this news - LOTR coming December 1 (November 30). I don’t normally go for steelbooks, but this version seems like the perfect set for what’ll most likely be my final physical purchase of

Still only have the original DVD extended box set. I will definitely be getting 4k, maybe Hobbit as well.

Reviews are VERY positive.    Hoping this sneaks in JBs sale, a day prior to official release. 

12 minutes ago, elisix_ said:

So you trust his perfect score considering the issues outlined in the video?

I’m not suggesting it’s not worth buying, the reviewer himself explains why it likely cannot be improved upon, but a perfect score? 

It is not a matter of absolute trust; Ralph Potts reviews have mainly worked for me.  No problems if you disagree...

I did see a few scenes where I thought details could have been better but they did not prevent me from thoroughly enjoying the 4K LOTR.  

• Like 1

It might be nice if the rest of us who missed out could actually buy this set.

• 3 weeks later...

JB has it in stock ATM, also at 30% off until Jan 26th., same with the UHD Hobbit pack.

I picked it up yesterday

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

JB has it in stock ATM, also at 30% off until Jan 26th., same with the UHD Hobbit pack.

I picked it up yesterday

Nice,  just ordered ! :thumb:

I am half way through the Extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring. I have to say that while the additional scenes are interesting and informative, it is quite hard going. The pace of the movie is compromised a bit for no real gain in impact. I can see why they cut so much out for the Theatrical version (as well as to make money on the release of the Extended...) 

Having said that, the visuals are spectacular. Also, often overlooked, is the exceptional soundtrack and surround effects. It really does make me want to get that extra pair of speakers and go to 7.1. Maybe another time and another house....

9 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

I am half way through the Extended version of The Fellowship of the Ring. I have to say that while the additional scenes are interesting and informative, it is quite hard going. The pace of the movie is compromised a bit for no real gain in impact. I can see why they cut so much out for the Theatrical version (as well as to make money on the release of the Extended...) 

For people who have read the books, the Extended version is IT!  It filled in the details that readers were expecting.  For me, I enjoyed the Extended version even more than what I saw in the theatre. I did watch every LOTR release in the theatre and enjoyed it a lot. 

Cannot say the same for the Hobbit, which was a pure money making exercise, saw them once on BD.

• Like 1