Panasonic 65” Oled or Sony 75” LED........please help.

13 hours ago, metal beat said:

Enjoy playing video games on your LG.   They seem to be excellent for that.

Would have to say the same about Sony & Panasonic, then...?

Edited by Cloth Ears

• 4 weeks later...

I recently faced this decision of whether to replace a 65” plasma with a 65” oled, or get a 75” LED. 

I decided to get a 77” oled. It seems bigger, but not as big a difference as I thought it would be.

Good prices now on these. The Sony A9G I got was $6200, got offer for $6100 for the LG-CX.

It is better than the Plasma (last Panasonic one) but Netflix is hit and miss. There doesn’t seem to be a setting to make it 4K, and when there was people said you are better off setting it to auto.

Any tips on how to stop Netflix going to a lower resolution? My NBN speed seems fine. 

Kayo looks good but slips back into a lower resolution sometimes. YouTube is solid.

27 minutes ago, Mike13 said:

Any tips on how to stop Netflix going to a lower resolution? My NBN speed seems fine. 

Kayo looks good but slips back into a lower resolution sometimes. YouTube is solid.

Just an obvious question - you are paying Premium Netflix to access the 4k content? It is around $19 a month.  Of course not everything is 4k on Netflix either, to find 4k you have to put 4k in to the Netflix Search - seems most is HD (well what I watch anyway).

I had to "up" my Netflix Sub from HD to access 4k.

Kayo cannot say as I do not have that.............

I noticed the biggest improvement for me was Amazon Prime - the resolution on that is hands down better than Netflix (used to be the other way around on my old Samsung 3D Smart TV). 

You Tube is pretty good too, love the 4k videos on there ?

Edited by April Snow

On 16/03/2021 at 5:10 PM, Cloth Ears said:

Why would Panasonic be better than LG, as LG produce all the OLED screens? Is it something to do with the processing, or the implementation of the screen?

It's not only about the panel! Engineering team "tweak" (like the other guy said) video processing, colours accuracy etc. Japaneses are still ahead of the koreans (I'm not japanese ok! lol).

Also, please guys.. don't rely on the Rtings "score". They love these gimmick things!

Edited by malbuquerque306

On 13/04/2021 at 3:27 PM, April Snow said:

I noticed the biggest improvement for me was Amazon Prime - the resolution on that is hands down better than Netflix (used to be the other way around on my old Samsung 3D Smart TV). 

Unfortunately, Prime Video has one the worst HDR video quality in the streaming battle (I subscribe pretty much all of the them). They lack HDR brightness/punch (less than 150-200 nits) and black levels. Pretty much dull, SDR-like. IMO for HDR picture and audio quality, best are Apple TV (1st) and Disney+. Stan has great content but still lacking 4K and Atmos content. Binge will be competitive someday but nowadays HD content only.

Edited by malbuquerque306

55 minutes ago, malbuquerque306 said:

Unfortunately, Prime Video has one the worst HDR video quality in the streaming battle (I subscribe pretty much all of the them). They lack HDR brightness/punch (less than 150-200 nits) and black levels. Pretty much dull, SDR-like. IMO for HDR picture and audio quality, best are Apple TV (1st) and Disney+. Stan has great content but still lacking 4K and Atmos content. Binge will be competitive someday but nowadays HD content only.

Wow really? Because Prime is lovely on my Samsung QLED - it is much brighter than Netflix - interesting your have the opposite experience. I do not have Disney, Apple TV or Stan so cannot comment on those.

On 13/04/2021 at 3:27 PM, April Snow said:

Just an obvious question - you are paying Premium Netflix to access the 4k content?

Yeah I upped my access too. I can tell quite a difference from ABC HD to ABC24 and the other non HD tv channels too. They’re not great to watch. I might give prime another go. 

22 hours ago, April Snow said:

Wow really? Because Prime is lovely on my Samsung QLED - it is much brighter than Netflix - interesting your have the opposite experience. I do not have Disney, Apple TV or Stan so cannot comment on those.

Technically, confirmed by a HDFury Integral 2 here. Good for you, then. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2021 at 8:40 AM, April Snow said:

to cut out cardboard the size of the proposed new TV and stick it on the wall to see how it may look,

Great tip thank you.

We sit 5 metres from the screen and I was thinking a 65” to replace our 45” would be too big and yeah, the cardboard is freaking huge.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ratbob said:

Great tip thank you.

We sit 5 metres from the screen and I was thinking a 65” to replace our 45” would be too big and yeah, the cardboard is freaking huge.

65” is a good size up from 45” and I had no problem with mine for ages at 5m for years. The 75” I got only seems a tiny bit bigger than the 65”. Eventually you might want bigger. Bigger is usually better :)

• Like 1