Anyone else running field coil based speakers?

Some more photos of the 8” rullit aero8 drivers.   115v dc per coil from a clc power supply using a couple of German electronicon caster oil caps and an audionote 10h choke taken from a butchered AN 300B kit amp. 

front end currently nothing fancy at the moment. Vincent sa-31 hybrid pre, Teradak 8x tda1543 dac, elekit ecl86 2watt on the rullits and crown xls1000 with built in dsp on the onken style bass bins that run a vifa m26wr-09-08 10” woofer. 

As mentioned by Bryan previously, rullit drivers need bit of juice to sound their best. I don’t have any low-medium powered amps that are very low noise at the moment so just using the weak elekit currently.  Sold most of my tube amps and class a solid states off already..  not sure what’s next on the cards…

IMG_8623.jpeg

IMG_8607.jpeg

IMG_8606.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I have the Aero 8 Rullit field coils and the newer Aero 10 Rullit Telefunken field coils. The 10s are much more efficient, and not by a little bit, around 30% and they will run on a set 300B easily after a long run in, and even a UX250 or PX4.  I play classical on them with a dedicated 300B amp without a problem.

IMG_3338.JPG

IMG_4312.JPG

• Like 8

8 hours ago, stevenvalve said:

I have the Aero 8 Rullit field coils and the newer Aero 10 Rullit Telefunken field coils. The 10s are much more efficient, and not by a little bit, around 30% and they will run on a set 300B easily after a long run in, and even a UX250 or PX4.  I play classical on them with a dedicated 300B amp without a problem.

IMG_3338.JPG

IMG_4312.JPG

Very nice Steven!

How do they compare to your Axiom 80s?

I have not run the Axiom 80s for years, but i will have to compare them eventually. Axiom 80s need horn loaded boxes. Rullits use open baffle, they are so opposite in terms of setup. Axioms are brilliant and so are the Rullits, one day soon.

Edited by stevenvalve
  • Like 2