During this pandemic I've had more time to get things done around the house including sorting out some speaker crossovers issues. These diy speakers were built by my old-school teacher and somehow they ended up in my hands. Originally they were setup with active crossovers but were changed back to a passive setup. Unfortunately, the crossovers were slapped together but still sounded great. Me being me I had to sort it out. I also decided to upgrade with better spec components still using the hand wound inductors. Performed a freq sweep and even though they look pretty good they needed tweeking. With a few adjustments with my super HD hearing lol, they still have that nice punchy bottom end detailed midrange. The big improvement is how detailed and cleaner the top end is now and not rolled off so quickly. The super tweeter crossover is not added in this circuit but will be built and installed seperately as I want to have a db attenuation stepper allowing you to set and control how the SB Acoustics supertweeter is outputted. Once all the testing are done, a full rewire internally, redo the acoustic material then redo - paint the cabinets. 

For DIY speakers, they're impressive 😉

PXL_20201009_060020359.thumb.jpg.e509841ef89fafa73a5724bb27402df8.jpgIMG_20200912_110412.thumb.jpg.9d6fdbfb67b07a4d40e926a7fe944659.jpg

Edited by Sansui77
  • Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ryszard
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT; CASH Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

I have worked in audio retail industry for over 30 years and I have selected these speakers for my brother some 18 years ago. I still recall how this particular generation of Revolution range really stood out for their ability to deliver excellent detail, whilst rendering an incredibly smooth and fluid presentation (touch on the warm side; not necessarily so typical of Tannoys). 

I am well aware they only had very limited use and in fact have not been used at all over the last 4-5 years; hence the reason for this listing. I brought them to my place, had them connected and can confirm they are perfectly functional and still really impress! 

Condition wise:  there is absolutely no visible sign of any wear/tear on the rubber surrounds and all drivers appear as new.  The condition of cabinets is very good with just very few minor blemishes (the 'worst' one in pic 5), noticeable only from close inspection.  No boxes, so a local sale is very much preferred. 

Happy to respond to any relevant questions via PM. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Gabba
      Item Condition: One of the drivers has a very small (approx. 5 mm) dent in it. Other than that, excellent. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Parkville State: VIC Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Only one system at the moment and a little one on the way. Further information:

I previously bought these off another SNA member (Benny G) and was using them in a second system.  He had bought them off another SNA member. Their photos do them more justice.

There is a small dint on one of them but this was not perceptible to my ears (or the previous owner). The drivers are about $60 so could be replaced.

Pickup preferred.

Photos:

• By Eggmeister
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Opportunity to Upgrade     Further information:
      Recently purchased from Russell,

Details here

Photos:

• By dan-m9
      Item Condition: As New Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Postmans Ridge or Toowoomba State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal (Buyer pays 2.6% fees or F&F with no fees), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Barely used and in perfect condition. Purchased 11/05/2020 and comes with invoice with warranty also (3 years warranty from purchase date). RRP is $679 in AU.
      Comes with original boxes, padding etc like new. Free Postage AU wide to Sendle/Couriers Please locations.

More Info/Specs:
      https://www.spacehifi.com.au/audio/speakers/bookshelf-speakers/audioengine-hdp6-passive-bookshelf-speakers

Any questions please ask.
      Thanks.

Photos:

• By Gramophone
      Item Condition: Fair Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Morley State: WA Payment Method: EFT or Cash Reason for selling: Not being used Further information:

For sale is a pair of 2-way tuned port speakers from the Interdyn Designer Series made in Melbourne.

The Designer Series concept was to source the quality drivers from SEAS in Norway for Australian designed and build cabinets. The crossover employ air-cored (as opposed to ferrite-cored )inductors and polypropylene capacitors. The two SEAS drivers consist of a 25mm aluminium tweeter and a 200mm treated fibre cone and heavy barium ferrite magnet woofer.

The speakers were for many years successfully pair with the Mission Cyrus III (2x 50W) integrated amplifier given the drivers' 94db sensitivity. These speakers are reportedly very well match with valve amplifiers.

The Jarrah veneer cabinets have faded over the years and there is evidence of wear. The drivers, however, have never been damaged, removed or even cleaned for sale and are therefore in good condition. The speakers' condition has been listed as fair overall.

The BT1

40-150 watts amplifier required 38 Hz - 20,000 Hz frequency response 8 ohms impedance 270W x 875H x 310D (mm) 18 kg  

Photos: