Item Condition: VG Cond. Recently professionally re-capped
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Wynnum
State: Queensland
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pick Up
Reason for selling: Spare player no longer needed

Further information

Bought new from Apollo Hi Fi, Sydney circa 2014 for around $1500.  

Described by Audiolab as a ‘high-quality DAC + CD’ device, more than just a CD player.

The player has had rare, intermittent use as I mostly listen to records.

Moving to SACD player so this player no longer needed.

Had it professionally re-capped recently by Audiovisual Devices, Brisbane in preparation for sale and the new caps are an upgrade from the original factory installed ones.  Nichicon I think they said.

Includes original box, remote and manual.

Cosmetically 8/10 with a few minor scratches or  marks on top but face and back beautiful. The little plastic protection strip is still on the display panel.

Remote base material went a bit sticky over time but is OK now with a bit of talc powder applied. Shows scratches on the semi-pliable finish on base but functioning well.

Here’s a review from Whathifi. https://www.whathifi.com/audiolab/8200cd/review

Photos:

Audiolab 8200cd (4).JPG

Audiolab 8200cd (5).JPG

Audiolab 8200cd (1).JPG

Edited by Hi Fi Delirium
Price reduction
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Higgsinspace
      Item Condition: New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: North Balgowlah State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information: I bought this to use as a travel DAC and occasional blutooth DAC but I've had  a change of heart and I'm going to grab an Earmen Sparrow instead, mainly as I have no self control. This landed on Apr 12. Bought from Shenzen Audio. Will forward the receipt to buyer. Disclaimer, I've removed the shrinkwrap to make sure it's all legit. It is.

Brand new so has the full warranty in place.

Specs

Dual ES9218P DAC; 3.5mm Single-ended and 2.5mm balanced output Bluetooth 5.0 Qualcomm CSR8675 chip; 91mW@32Ohm Single-Ended; 160 mW@32Ohm Balanced output High gain / Low gain / Dual DAC mode; Battery Life Up to 15Hours (Unbalanced) / 10Hours(Balanced) 120dB of SNR, <0.003% of THD+N and 24Bit/96KHz of Sample Rate in the box: 1) UP4 amplifier 2) Clips 3) Charging Cable  
      Photos:

• By Sam001
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Bentleigh State: VIC Payment Method: EFT, PAYID, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer required. Further information:

First Owner, purchased new.

It comes complete with:
      AC Power Cord Stereo RCA to RCA Cable 3.5mm Stereo Mini Plug to RCA Cable Ethernet Cable Mini Jack Toslink Adapter User Manual Other documentation  
      $10 donation will be made if sold.

• By Stereolove
      Item Condition: Like New Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Essendon State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: Purchasing a different DAC. Portable DAC not required. Unit has been used twice, and comes with all original packaging and instruction manual. I am purchasing a Chord Qutest instead. Postage price includes postage to anywhere in Australia. Further information:

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Mutatis Mutandis
      Item Condition: Very good used condition; one owner Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Black Rock State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal Reason for selling: NLR + need funds for an major upgrade Further information:

One owner Audiolab 8200 CD player

More like a digital pre-amp!

Purchased by me in 2012 it was a mainstay of my system before being supplanted by a higher end CD player and one of Clay Gieseler’s premier DACs.  I recall paying something in the order of $1400-1500 for it, but not sure of the RRP at the time.  I think my offer price is a pretty good one, especially since while my newer units shaded it - I can’t say they embarrassed it in any way.  

Lots of 5 start reviews on the net; e.g. what, tech radar and dititalcinema.

I set it up with variable volume that can be controlled by the remote.  With the USB, 2 x Coax and Optical inputs it really does operate as digital pre-amp sans streaming.  I listen to DAB+ radio a lot and when using this found optical out of by DAB+radio into the Audiolab a good move.

Perfect for a starter or mid-system, second system, man-cave, shed, garage system.

I have the original box and packaging so can post or courier, though that would likely be on the Saturday after payment for work reasons.  I like the security of Paypal as a commercial transaction for the added security of buyers and seller, so the price includes the Paypal charges.    

BTW - it comes with a remote - photographed in its styrofoam pack.  I have the original box and can post.  I expect that would be in the order of $35-45 to most metro areas.

And of course will donate a few quid to SNA if sold.

Some extracts blurbs and specs follow:
      The first is from whathifi.  (I picked this not just for the positive review but as a nod to one of those odd things that hifi mags do in comparing things to much more expensive units …..why?  Anyway that aside….)
      "It’s no secret that we love the 8200CD. Since we first encountered the player in 2010, it’s won multiple awards and, until last year, was Product of the Year three times in a row.  There’s no doubt that it’s one of the best CD players we’ve tested under £1000 thanks to its effortless sonic character and musicality.
      For
          •    Clean, neutrally toned sound
          •    Exciting performer
          •    Abundance of useful features
          •    Fine build
          •    Competitive price
      Against
          •    Not as dynamically precise or driven as pricier competitors."

And from Techradar:
      “What really caught our imagination, though, was the sheer togetherness of the sound. More than anything, that seems to be the hallmark of this player. What do we mean by that.  Prosaically put, it's that there's excellent integration between different aspects of performance. That always happens in live music, but not by any means invariably in reproduced sound. Bass may be good most of the time, but becomes uncertain when the midrange gets busy, or detail may suffer at times when the treble's particularly bright.  In this case, by contrast, the firm bass just seems to get even firmer in the presence of activity higher up the band, while detail is consistently precise. As a result, music comes across with an unusually high degree of physicality….”

Some Specifications:
      Dimensions (HxWxD) in mm 75x445x330
      Frequency Response 1 20Hz - 20kHz
      THD 0.0025%
      Dynamic Range 98dB
      Output level 0.25Vrms

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Levitator
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Samsonvale (40mins out of Brisbane) State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Paypal (+3%) Reason for selling: Upgrade to new DAC Further information:  Having listened to a number of high end DAC's, these Grandioso Mono D1 DAC's are absolutely stunning and only bested by my recent upgrade to the MSB Select - I will miss them!
      Second owner, perfect working order, excellent condition with some minor marks on top of the units, original boxing..

Source Esoteric website: "Equipped with the latest 32-bit DAC device AK4495S manufactured by Asahi Kasei Electronics. This device is combined with 16 circuits for each channel to achieve overwhelming linearity and low noise. In addition to direct processing of DSD signals, a 36-bit D / A processing algorithm that converts PCM signals to analog at 36-bit resolution is newly adopted. Processing with a surprisingly high resolution of 36 bits (4096 times 24 bits), which exceeds 32 bits (256 times), which exceeds 24 bits. By making the bit gradation finer, the calculation error is minimized, and it boasts the expressive power that stands out even for delicate music signals."

For further information refer https://www.esoteric.jp/jp/product/d1/feature

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved