Power conditioner ???

I have a primaluna Dialogue HP power amplifier, I recently plugged it into a isotek Aquarius power conditioner and the amp seemed to produce clearer sound and much tighter bass. The only issue is that the sound was to clinical and lost that sweetness that tube amps create. I am using the primaluna kt120 tubes. My question is do you guys recommend or disagree with a power conditioner with these units. Any advice is appreciated and many thanks in advance

Since nobody else replied... I have been doing some research and so far have only tried a smaller unit than yours.

What you call clinical could it be a loss of soundstage? I have found that at least some conditioners when used with power amps reduce the soundstage, even dynamics. In my case when used with the amp I loose bass, everything sounds a bit clearer but narrower and more localized in the speakers instead of surrounding me. Under this conditions to me for the power amp the conditioner is a negative but I need to test further. I did speak to a couple of people that felt the same way but not everybody agreed.

The same conditioner makes a positive job when connected only to the sources. I haven't given up and I will try another, I was planning the aquarius. Your comment actually put me off a bit because I was hopping for something that can be used with any device but we'll see, I am in no great rush.

I can however comment that I have also tried power cords and in my case I seem to get better value from adding an Isotek sequel to my phono stage instead of the conditioner but both help to a small degree.

Thanks for the reply and I've done alot more research. Soundstage is fine. Your comment is correct about the power chord which gives a better result than the conditioner. I found the isotek power chord valued at 250 gave me a nice 3d soundstage and the cable which is grey and blue plugs valued at 550 gave a very narrow soundstage and I didn't like it. So there u from powerchords have moreeffect than conditioner alone

The phrase “your mileage may vary” applies to all power products.  There’s a large number of variables that can impact upon the effectiveness of any power product.  You simply won’t know until you try it yourself in your own system. Other people’s experiences may not match your own.

Try it and decide for yourself what you prefer.

• Like 1

It depends... 

Some people find that a power conditioner improves SQ while others find that it does impact some aspect eg. dynamics, sound stage etc. The same can be said of power cords. 

The only way is to try for yourself and determine whether the result is acceptable in your setup.