2 Tungsram new in box 6922 E88CC

Item Condition: Mint
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: NORTH RICHMOND
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal Cash Bank
Reason for selling: 10000 valves, time to downsize

2  Vintage Tungsram 6922 new in the box, These are European made. Price is for a pair, Low noise selected grade, let me know if you need more.  7 Available. These are the highest grade 6DJ8.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

Edited by stevenvalve
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jai Normass said:

Why do people put PM sent  ?

Why not just send a PM ? 

I am new here and don't understand  , if someone could please explain it to me it would be greatly appreciated  .

I always suspected it is so they can put a sneaky offer in below the asking price, but then announce to the world a "PM Sent" message so that hopefully other buyers will assume the PM'er has asked to buy it and it is a done deal - to discourage other buyers from competing with them. "PM Sent" is vague though and does not say what the personal message is about.

In some cases it could also be that they don't realise that the personal message recipient will likely get a notification of the message.

I suggest if you see "PM Sent" and you want the item - offer to buy it anyway as it might not be a finalised sale, or you might be able to offer better terms such as local pick up or whatever.

I think "PM Sent" posts used to be banned in the rules but it seems it is not anymore - just discouraged as unnecessary.  

2 hours ago, aab said:

I always suspected it is so they can put a sneaky offer in below the asking price, but then announce to the world a "PM Sent" message so that hopefully other buyers will assume the PM'er has asked to buy it and it is a done deal - to discourage other buyers from competing with them. "PM Sent" is vague though and does not say what the personal message is about.

In some cases it could also be that they don't realise that the personal message recipient will likely get a notification of the message.

I suggest if you see "PM Sent" and you want the item - offer to buy it anyway as it might not be a finalised sale, or you might be able to offer better terms such as local pick up or whatever.

I think "PM Sent" posts used to be banned in the rules but it seems it is not anymore - just discouraged as unnecessary.  

You may be reading a lot into a simple “PM sent”. 

Anyway, apologies to everyone I may have offended. I’ll try to remember not to do this again!

21 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

You may be reading a lot into a simple “PM sent”. 

Anyway, apologies to everyone I may have offended. I’ll try to remember not to do this again!

No need to stop posting "PM sent" on my account. It is not against the rules and lots of people do it. No offence was caused - only confusion.

You are right that I may be reading a lot into it - but in the absence of knowing the actual reasons people do this - reading into it and making assumptions/guesses is all I can do. So that is what I did in trying to answer the question from Jai.

4 minutes ago, kelossus said:

Has anyone heard back from the seller?

Not yet. He should know we've PM'd him. We've told him in here! :)

Edited by Jhsg
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, delphi17 said:

I don't see the reason for such hate with "PM Sent".

I mean, it's equivalent to "I will take it" .

I don't see the big problem with it.

I have more issues (wrt my preferences) with the price being taken off once sold. 
I’m not convinced that that serves the/our community. It’s good to get an indication of the market price (good or bad). Imho. Ymmv. 

Edited by Ccollins
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ccollins said:

I have more issues (wrt my preferences) with the price being taken off once sold. 
I’m not convinced that that serves the/our community. It’s good to get an indication of the market price (good or bad). Imho. Ymmv. 

I think it only happened for a short time.

marc did change it back after people complained about it.

Is it still happening on yours? 

12 minutes ago, delphi17 said:

I think it only happened for a short time.

marc did change it back after people complained about it.

Is it still happening on yours? 

I don’t know as I haven’t bothered (re) checking in recent time, ie i stopped looking

but if that’s been changed that’s great and good to know - i actually thought that was members deleting prices doing it and not moderators

thanks for the info :)

ps I think we (including I) have taken this thread quite a bit off topic

sorry

Edited by Ccollins
  • Like 1