Amp stand options

Curious to know what people recommend for amp stands. At the moment there is no carpet so amp sits on floor. Soon I will be getting carpet so need something for it to sit on so not on carpet directly. 

Amp is Nad M25, weighs close to 50kg.

Was looking at the Solisteel S3 A from Selby but wondered what other options were around. Would like to avoid crushing new carpet.

Edited by SGS

Hi SGS,

If you can do DIY you can make your own, like I did for my Pass Labs amp.  I joined 140 x 19mm dressed jarrah to make the size I wanted (so the heat sinks were un-obstructed) and used speaker spikes from Decibel Hi Fi so the carpet was not crushed see the below photos. (you can just see it under the amp).

IMG_0396.jpg

peDTS2[2].jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SGS said:

Like the diy idea. I'll check out some timber options, thankyou.

Depending on where in Vic you are, Plyco.com.au in Fairfield have a great range of different plys and veneers. When we’re able to leave the house again it’s worth going and checking out their offcuts for awesome value. 

15 hours ago, RankStranger said:

Depending on where in Vic you are, Plyco.com.au in Fairfield have a great range of different plys and veneers. When we’re able to leave the house again it’s worth going and checking out their offcuts for awesome value. 

In Ballarat, regional Vic. Pretty free to go wherever we want except metro.

I'll see if anywhere does some nice wood slabs, must be one here.

2 hours ago, SGS said:

In Ballarat, regional Vic. Pretty free to go wherever we want except metro.

I'll see if anywhere does some nice wood slabs, must be one here.

Nice. Remember that, on balance, multiple different materials sandwiched together will give you better performance because the goal, as I understand it, is to disrupt the passage of the vibrations through the material, hence why consistent density materials like MDF can be bad (unless someone wants to correct me?)

• Like 1