Item Condition: Used
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Grovedale
State: Victoria
Payment Method: EFT
Reason for selling: No longer required

Further information:

Great DAC which trebles (?) as a headphone amp and bluetooth receiver which, given the patchy internet I’ve had over the last few weeks, has been a lifesaver. It works well as a digital hub. I fed both my Bluesound Node 2 and NAD c516BEE cd player through it and it greatly improved the sound of both. 

It has two digital and 2 coax inputs. It also has both fixed and variable analog outputs so can be used as a pre-amp alongside a power amp if needed. 

The headphone amp is particularly good and is the one used in the Arcam A49 amp. It compares favourably with my Astell Kern AK100 DAP.

It has a few scuffs which, as ever, are not noticeable unless you look for them. See the last two pictures for details.

Boxed with following original bits - wall wart, varied power socket plugs, remote and provided RCA interconnect plus aftermarket optical and coax cable.

Sent via Auspost parcel - cost $11.95 to all Australia.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

irdac 1.jpg

irdac 2.jpg

irdac 3.jpg

irdac 4.jpg

irdac 5.jpg

Edited by luapnodyl
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tassie Devil
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Dilston State: TAS Payment Method: Bank Transfer Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Further information: 
      I have two of these but am parting with one.  This is the best DAC I’ve owned and transforms good CDs to sound as good as SACDs and other hi-rez.  I’m often surprised at the AQ being heard and find it is merely CD quality, not Hi-Rez.  One acid test of a DAC;s ability to translate digital to pristine analog is a harpsichord recording.  Most DACs turn this into a jangled mess but the LKS transforms all the complex harmonics into beautifully sounding music.
      This LKS was modded by Rick Schultz and was imported from the USA so comes with a quality step down transformer which effectively isolates the DAC from power line nasties.
      I’ll copy and paste below more info on this DAC gleaned from Rick Schultz net posts and please contact me for any more information.

As far as I know this is the first and only DAC in the world with two ESS9038 DAC chips running in dual mono. But it has so much more: discrete shunt regulators for the output stage, completely discrete output stages (no op amps), serious rectifier diodes, two 40 watt transformers, I2S input, digital volume control, DSD512 capable, Furutech AC inlet, 7 digital filter choices, Cardas output jacks, serious parts, etc. Even the remote is a hunk of aluminum. This thing is huge.....and it sounds amazing....even stock. The simple mods I do tfor a few hundred dollasrs ake it to another level. If you are using anything besides usb it sounds best with the usb board removed. I personally think that usb should always be done externally with a modded Singxer running I2S into the DAC.

A single ESS 9038 DAC is essentially 4 ESS9028 DACs in parallel. So running two of them in mono mode means you essentially have 32 9028 channels in parallel. The more DACs in parallel the better the resolution....this is a know fact.

Taken awhile but finally did some more terrific mods to the LKS and it is now clearly the best DAC I have heard.   Amazing what changing and modding a few parts can do.  Simply stunning!
      I have a friend in Pocoima who has one of these and we have been tweaking them at the same time.  He has a great expensive turntable system  and he says that playing 16/44 from his Beatis server through coax and then through modified IFI spdif Ipurifier and then through modded LKS is at least as good as his turntable system!!  No upsampling....nada....just great sound.
      The Basic mod I have worked out makes a serious improvement in involvement, reality, dynamics, low level detail, imaging, depth, air, lower distortion......well, basically everything.  I do mods to the AC power, the DC power, output stage filtering, all output stages, the spdif type inputs, etc.:
      1.     Remove fuse distortions.
      2.  Remove all steel from around the transformers and remount transformers on pieces of wood.
      3. Twist secondary AC wires.
      4. Apply Graphene contact enhancer on AC connectors on board.
      5. Damp all rectifier diodes with constrained layer damping material
      6. Damp all heatsinks with constrained layer damping material.
      7. Remove all coupling caps on the spdif inputs and replace with custom pure copper wire in cotton (listened to for directionality).
      8. Shorten the signal path on the unbalanced outputs and use our custom wire here.
      9. Change filter caps in output stage to better ones
      10. Change all compensation caps in all output stages to better ones.
      11. Damp certain power supply caps
      12. Remove steel leads from film caps on 3.3V power supply to DAC and orient caps in proper direction (outside foil to ground).
      13. Properly orient poly caps on output of regulators for output stage.
      14. Change IV resistors to high quality ones.
      15. Remount output transistors in IV stages and bend them forward so they are no longer close to the power supply caps and wrap those power supply caps with gold reflective tape to further reduce their temperature.  The transistors in the stock LKS are too close to the caps and can cause them to burn up within a year if left on all the time.  The very latest LKS DACs have the transistors mounted underneath the chassis to eliminate this problem.  My solution works as well.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Naz.shr
      Item Condition: Used- good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Perth State: WA Payment Method: Cash, PayPal Reason for selling: Bought different player Further information:

Arcam Alpha 7se cd player in good condition. Arcam remote included which has the basic functionality to operate this player (not the original remote).
      Postage available. Local pickup preferred. 
      Donation on successful sale of the item.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By DaRick
      Item Condition: As New; Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Bracken Ridge State: QLD Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Purchased from Audiophile Store AU in mid-January 2021. Have included Warranty Card for future use. If you need more information regarding purchase, please message me.

Condition is 'as new', or 'mint' - there are no scratches or marks on this unit to my knowledge.

Supplied with the original items, including: Instruction Manual, Warranty Card, Micro USB to barrel plug 5V cable, USB A-B Cable and the remote.

Original packaging is NOT available, BUT all items were sealed very tightly using a several-step process:
      1) I placed items in seal lock bags, with appropriate descriptions.
      2) I then wrapped bubble wrap around the seal lock bags and sealed the bubble wrap to the bags using masking tape.
      3) I then placed the now-sealed items into a large seal lock bag, with appropriate descriptions, before using masking tape to seal that.
      4) I used white packaging cardboard to reinforce the sides.
      5) I placed bubble wrap over the sealed large bag, before covering the bubble wrap with two rows of aircushions
      6) I then sealed the box with several rows of masking tape, which will then be covered by the label, should this need to be posted

Cheers to @lenticularis for providing the following:

"Like the Gieseler DAC range, uses an AKM chip (the AKM4493EQ).  Sounds extremely good for its price. 

This DAC can also be powered from a power-pack or an iFi 5V supply, using the same micro-5V cable described above."

Reviews of this DAC have been very impressive; although I've only tested it a couple of times, it impresses me as an inexpensive, reliable and effective product.

Thanks to @Ittaku for the following specs:

"Spec:
      PCM
      USB :44.1kHz-768kHz  16bit-32bit
      OPT/COAX : 44.1kHz-192kHz  16bit- 24bit

DSD (Native) 
      USB :DSD64-DSD512 
      OPT/COAX :Not supported

DSD (DoP)
      USB : DSD64-DSD256
      OPT/COAX :Not supported

Output Voltage:2Vrms@0dBFS
      THD+N:<0.0003% @1kHz A-weighting
      Noise:<2uVrms @A-weighting
      Crosstalk:-130dB @1 kHz
      SNR:>121dB @ 1kHz
      Dynamic Range:119dB @1kHz
      Channel Balance:<0.3 dB

Features:

1. AK4493 DAC chip
      AK4493 is a new generation of premium model AK4490 from AKM.
      -11 3dB :Distortion
      1 26dB* :Dynamic range
      DSD :Support DSD512
      PCM :Support 768k
      * This data is based on the MONO mode of chip, not equal to specs of E30.

2.Supports DSD512 and PCM32bit/768kHz
      E30 uses 2nd generation XMOS XU208, USB supports up to PCM32bit768kHz and DSD512, which is far
      more than CD and SACD. We also customise the driver (for Win7 and above) from Thesycon to get a better performance with your computer.

3.AK4118 receiver 
      AK4118 is currently the S/PDIF receiver with lowest jitter, compatible with optical and coaxial connection that support up to 24bit/ 192kHz.

4.Commonly used inputs
      E30 supports USB, optical and coaxial inputs which cover a variety of commonly used occasions, such as computer, mobile phone OTG, digital turntable and media player, TV and set-top box.

5.5V power supply, anytime and anywhere
      Using 5V power supply, E30 can easily access the working power supply anytime and anywhere in nowadays. You can power the E30 by USB port of computer, mobile phone charger or portable charger. When using portable charger, E30 turns into a portable DAC and bring the Hi-Res music around.

6.DAC filter mode
      E30 is capable of providing 6 filter modes under PCM decoding, 2 filter modes under DSD decoding, which slightly adjust the details.

7.Auto turn on/off
      E30 has auto turn on / off. It will automatically enter into standby when the input signal is lost or unavailable in 1 minute. Once detecting any signal inputs, it will turn on and switch to this input.

8.DAC + Pre-amp application
      E30 has a built-in volume control function that can adjust the volume from -99dB to 0dB by using the remote control, so you are able to directly connect E30 to a power amplifier or active speakers, and control the volume of E30 through the remote control.

9. Pure DAC application
      The E30 is able to fix to maximum output level so that it function as a pure DAC. In this mode, the DSD signal will bypass the DATT Soft Mute and 02 Modulator to provide pure/direct DSD performance."

I thank you kindly for any interest or queries.

P.S.: Don't worry how the DAC looks in one of the photos below - that's just the flash! I did that to illuminate the DAC, to prove that it was the genuine article. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By BugPowderDust
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Macedon Ranges or Melbourne CBD State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, PAYID, Cash Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Lumin T2 Network Streaming DAC
      I've recently upgraded from the Lumin T2 to a MSB Premier DAC so this is now superfluous to needs.  
      [No the Fender Stratocaster in the background doesn't come with it]

This is a top tier streaming DAC capable of supporting playback of PCM up to 384 kHz and DSD512 with optional internal upsampling to DSD128 and PCM 384 kHz. The Lumin app is great, with support for Spotify, MQA, Tidal, Qobuz, tuneIn and Airplay.  The T2 will also happily function as a Roon endpoint where it did most of its heavy lifting for me.

I have upgraded this unit to the latest and greatest firmware and it has not missed a beat in its time with me. It is in excellent condition, not a scratch on it. It comes in the original double box with all accessories and the receipt from purchase in 2019.  The Lumin T2 has a 2 year global warranty so there is still time to run on this.  If you're looking for something to take your streaming digital playback to the next level, this is the device for you.

Manufacturer Website: https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-t2.html 
      SNA Review: https://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/lumin-t2-network-player-review

LUMIN T2 heralds the first redesign of the classic A1/T1 main boards and chassis. This new approach combines solid cnc panel construction with X1 technology to hit the performance sweet spot.
      All-new chassis construction featuring thick cnc panels and an internal power supply  New generation processor provides DSD512 and 384kHz playback Dual ES9028PRO SABRE DACS USB digital audio output Precision 32-bit internal digital volume Discreet clock system for precision timing Low-noise switching power supply with dual stage regulator Resampling to every supported format up to DSD128 and PCM384kHz MQA full decoding Roon Ready, Spotify Connect, MQA, TIDAL, Qobuz, TuneIn and AirPlay-compatible From MQA to DSD, FLAC to WAV, LUMIN can play all the high-resolution formats you could ever want Native support for TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify and AirPlay-compatible, giving you access to tens of millions of songs New CNC panelled construction offers upgraded structural rigidity and sheilding compared to the T1 The newly-designed thick cnc panels provide the high-end LUMIN family aesthetic  
      Photos:

• By crimsondelagator
      Item Condition: Excellent - fewer than 5 months old. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Lennox Head State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, bank transfer, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

The housing is scratch/chip free. Aesthetically & Functionally perfect. Will provide purchase receipt from Minidisc (Dec 2020)

Bought to listen to while nursing our newborn son at night. Turns out it's harder than I thought to relax and kick back to the Grateful Dead when there is a screaming baby beside you. I used it for less then 5 hours. Noob parent realisations... 😐

It sounds great with IEM's and  lower impedance Headphones. Awesome for tidal MQA streaming on the go.

I will also sell the Apple lightening USB Camera adapter (rrp. $65.00 ) to Iphone users ... Note: this accessory is essential if you wish to use with an iphone. If you buy both we will negotiate a discounted price on it. Preference to pm's that want this included - as I now have no use for it.

I'm also selling Campfire Polaris IEM's. The Dragonfly and them make a killer combo. See Darko's thoughts on the paring below.

https://darko.audio/2019/07/10-more-thoughts-on-the-audioquest-dragonfly-cobalt/

Photos:

PLEASE READ