SOLD: FS: L.K.S Audio LKS MH-DA004 Dual ES9038pro DAC

SOLD
Item Condition: As new
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Adelaide Hills
State: South Australia
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, Cash
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information: 

Bought off another member a few weeks ago to compare to my old Usb Dac. I can tell it's superior to my old dac in every way despite my equipment not being good enough to fully take advantage of it. 

I just prefer my old DACs sound that makes all music have a similar flavour and makes my bad quality songs sound better. I also don't have enough high quality digital source files to take advantage of the da004

Will throw in a pair of 80cm Swamp balanced XLR cables. 

Below is copy and paste from the original post. 

Purchased from ShenzhenAudio in July 2020 - 

Current price for the upgraded usb model is $2200 I believe. 

Free shipping included but buyer pays insurance if wanted. 

Not particularly well known in Oz I don't think but absolutely packed with features - a full dual mono design with dual ES9038pro chips.  This version features the optional upgraded USB interface which includes an upgraded power supply and 2 x Crystek CCHD-957 active clock and supports DSD up to 512k.  Comes in original box, has remote and will throw in a free unopened Supra 2m USB cable so the new owner can enjoy the amazing sound. 

Two-chip ES9038pro decoding method.
Two high-quality toroidal transformers, a total of 13 groups of linear power supply.
Built-in specially designed Italian Amanero USB module, original license license. USB module added to isolate the chip, you can isolate the computer to the audio system interference signal.
Supports USB, I2S / DSD single-ended signal (RJ45), I2S / DSD balanced signal (HDMI), oaxial, BNC, AES / EBU balance, Optical total seven-way source input, all ports support DSD input.
Analog audio output port includes standard RCA single-ended output and XLR balanced output pair.
Display with VFD display, the display exceptionally outstanding.
 Use physical key operation.
Support 0dB ~ -127dB digital volume adjustment, 0.5dB level. But also has a remote key to skip the volume adjustment function.
Support a variety of digital filter mode settings (see user manual). Can be arbitrarily selected, different filter mode, the digital filter attenuation characteristics are different.
Supports decoding of internal digital phase-locked loop bandwidth settings (see user's manual for details).
Support Deemphasis to increase or turn off.
The display has 4 levels of brightness adjustable. Adjusted by remote control.
Remote start, standby function.
Most of the settings with memory function, turn off the opportunity to automatically save the settings, restart the settings.
Dynamic range> 135dB
Distortion <0.0002%
Stereo resolution> 120dB
RCA unbalanced port output amplitude 2Vrms, XLR balanced port output amplitude 5Vrms.
Machine size 430 * 320 * 90mm
Machine weight 7.0kg

You can read the full specs here 

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/l-k-s-audio-lks-mh-da004-dual-es9038pro-flagship-dac-dsd-input-i2s-coaxial-bnc-aes-ebu-for-dop-usb-i2s-optical-audio-decoder?variant=29703030833212

Lots of reviews on various forums such as 

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/l-k-s-audio-mh-da004-dual-es9038pro-dac-van-dammes-double-impact.840938/

https://theaudiostandard.net/thread/4743/lks-mh-da004-dac

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/31270-lks-audio-mh-da004/

A quote from one user review

"OK, so the nitty gritty. I have TWO of them in two systems and could not be happier. I had foolishly jumped in and paid even more for a Schiit YGGDRASIL until I received an LKS MH-DA004 and the difference in audio quality was obvious. So I sold the YGGDRASIL and purchased a second LKS. Note, the YGGDRASIL DAC is a fine unit, but the LKS is better. Cleaner reproduction generally on classical music, particularly with larger ensembles where the LKS reveals more detail of the individual instruments playing, has more air and delicacy and eliminates traces of digital harshness"

IMG_7614.jpeg.ec26a8ac94291d8db7c6b8fb8b24ae47.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg.7fe673ffe8f089ffd252ab0ffd1d90a2.jpeg

IMG_7617.jpeg.908f424f951d43fba1c07173f4942462.jpeg