Had a listen to Vivid giya g4

Had a day off so decided to pop in say hello to a couple of local hifi stores.

First up Surrounds and a listen to the rather wonderful.Viva giya g4 at the end of a naim.setup.  

Second time Ive  heard these and again they amaze with the sound and bass ( incrediably low you can feel.it but still very tight) that comes out of these smallish and lightish designs.

Even the wifey approved of the sound and colour. It would be interesting to hear the larger g3

20201006_141954.jpg

20201006_142034.jpg

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Had a day off so decided to pop in say hello to a couple of local hifi stores.

First up Surrounds and a listen to the rather wonderful.Viva giya g4 at the end of a naim.setup.  

Second time Ive  heard these and again they amaze with the sound and bass ( incrediably low you can feel.it but still very tight) that comes out of these smallish and lightish designs.

Even the wifey approved of the sound and colour. It would be interesting to hear the larger g3

20201006_141954.jpg

20201006_142034.jpg

Never heard them but love to. 

They must be amazing on a full Naim system. 

I heard them on an amp I know well and don't particularly like but they still amazed me. 

I think they are hideous looking but they sound incredible and after listening they are on my list of realistic 'one day' speakers along with the Proac K8 and Avantgarde Uno XD 

Very interesting watching the videos on YouTube of the Vivid speakers with Mr Dickie

1 hour ago, jt301 said:

I always wondered if the Giya G3’s might be my end game speaker but I’ve never had an opportunity to listen to them.

The G4 are stunning , the G3 seem to be a bit taller, a bit wider and a bit more deeper. The bass out of the G4 is a smaller room was amazing , deep you good feel it but still controlled. If you were in the market they'd be definite yes from me. 

I heard the original G3 on a Devialet 240 just after I bought a Devialet 170. The sound was amazing and so far I haven't heard anything better. I upgraded my amps to Devialet Original d' Atelier with the plan to upgrade my speakers to Vivid G2. Ever since then there's always something more important to spend money on so I'm still nowhere near getting the G's.

I'm still looking for cheaper alternatives but so far, no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Vivid seems to pair their speakers quite often with Devialet and from reports its a match made in heaven. 

I've only heard the 2 ways and they were excellent too. Those metal drivers does loud and quiet very well, never complaining, no matter how hard they were driven. 

Edited by Atjan

8 minutes ago, Atjan said:

Vivid seems to pair their speakers quite often with Devialet and from reports its a match made in heaven. 

I've only heard the 2 ways and they were excellent too. Those metal drivers does loud and quiet very well, never complaining, no matter how hard they were driven. 

AVation on the Gold Coast used to import both brands so naturally they were used together here.  And yes, they do handle loud very well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a pair of Vivid K1 speakers and was lucky enough to go to the factory in South Africa where I heard G2s with Devialet. Suffice to say, after much scrimping and saving I now have a pair of G3s and Devialet 440s. I have heard better but not at the price, but like all things it won't appeal to everyone. I would say that if you are in the market for a system in this price range I would highly recommend an audition of Vivid and Devialet.

• Like 1