Item Condition: Very Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal (+3%), Cash on Pickup, EFT
Reason for selling: Upgraded, NLR

Further information:

Designed for low voltage MC cartridges

Gain is set to 66dB

Input impedance 150 ohms

RRP when new ~ £1,300 or ~ AUD 2,300

Overview:

The Audio Synthesis Passion phono stage is a simple design, with a high quality Linear Power Supply (separate box) connected to the phono pre-amp via a shielded cable and 6pin DIN plug.

It is designed to amplify the very low level signal from the cartridge to provide a line level signal to use as input to the rest of the HiFi system (ie. a pre amp or integrated amp). And IMHO it does this job very well indeed.

Description from Audio Synthesis product info::

“The Passion Phono is set up for a gain of 66dB and input impedance 150 ohms in parallel with 1 nF of capacitance.

The input resistance of 150 ohms is fixed to ensure ultra-low noise performance. Most low output moving coil cartridges would be suitable for use with the Passion Phono which was designed to have extremely low noise and a high gain” 

The construction of this phono stage feels like an ‘Uber engineered’, ‘built to last’ piece of British HiFi. One finds few of these units available for sale but they are still highly regarded by analog enthusiasts.

I purchased this unit with my Linn LP12 turntable around 5 years back, and have used it with the Linn ‘Arkiv B’ MC cartridge and the Linn Krystal MC cartridge.

I can confirm is works incredibly well with a low output moving coil cart, and the impedance of 150 ohms is a very good match for the Linn cartridge.

Reason for selling:

This was a massive SQ improvement over my Linn amp with an integrated phono stage, so I have used it for a number of years and still love the tonally neutral, open and detailed sound it provides.

I upgraded a few months ago to a Sutherland amp (with its own high-end MC phono stage), therefore the AS Passion is no longer used in my main system.

My advice to vinyl enthusiasts - if you have a built-in phono stage in your amp, there is a very good chance that a dedicated phono-stage will give you a wonderful improvement in SQ.

I’d be very happy to provide further information to anyone interested.

I’ll include a high quality VanDenHul interconnect which I used with this phono stage so it’s an easy ‘plug in’ into an existing system.

PM me with any questions. And I’d welcome any honest feedback - if you feel the pricing isn’t at the right level for this product.

Photos:

6646273C-8EC9-4290-BADD-5B778CF4C397.jpeg

11FDABF3-8D40-421C-A9F2-C9F88895391E.jpeg

059DE56F-BC9F-4226-9348-842C3819062B.jpeg

Edited by 4JacksAU
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tammy1001
      So after finding myself in a music store with that old familiar joy of looking through vinyl albums I wanted to add a turntable to my setup. The Project X1  is what I was thinking I would dip my toe in with. 

I have boxes of vinyl of classical from the old family home, but they are in average to poor condition. (but recordings I cannot get any more) So my question is:

If I am playing both new and old vinyl records,  am I going to destroy the needle? What do others here do about their original and mint collection without killing a $300 needle?

Thanks!

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: Cash eft PayPal for friends Reason for selling: NLR Further information: mint condition with boxes. 
      Price is firm.  

Photos:

• By hyper
      Item Condition: Mint Sealed Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cammeray State: NSW Payment Method: Cash, bank deposit, PayPal (add 3%) Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

Up for sale sealed copy of Bill Evans Portrait in Jazz. 
      Happy for pickup item is located lower north shore Sydney.

Postage Australia wide flat rate of $19.45 including tracking.

Item will be packed securely to ensure safe transit.

Any questions drop me a PM

• By hugo_wilco
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Melbourne State: VIC Payment Method: PayPal (friends) EFT cash on pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information: great for and forget solution for those with headshell tonearms. 

Has had 10 hours use and was bought to be used on a Technics Sl1200 (see other listing). 

Photos:

• By don76
      Item Condition: Sealed Mint / NM Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: St Kilda State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Surplus Further information:

Original 2009 USA pressing.
      Long out of print - even the 2013 reissues go for big bucks.
      There were blue vinyl versions, and clear vinyl versions.
      This could be either, it's impossible to tell.
      Comes with CD version of the album.

This copy is sealed in shrink, but has suffered some light edge wearto the bottom and corners.
      Ignore the apparent ringwear in the pics - that's just on the shrink not the jacket underneath.

Shipping to Oz & NZ at standard auspost rates.
      Pick up in St Kilda welcome, for CASH ONLY.

Reply here then Message me.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item