SOLD: FS: Linn Klimax DS/1

SOLD
Item Condition: Used, very good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: Willoughby
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: PayPal, EFT or COD
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:

Re-listing my Linn Klimax DS streamer. This was purchased ex-demo from audioconnection in 2013 as the heart of a complete Linn system (I have upgraded to the DSM).

It is an original DS/1 (not previously upgraded) which has the Linn Dynamik power supply and built in room correction (Space Optimisation).  This essentially allows you to place the speakers where you want and it will make them sound as if they are in a more ideal position. As LInn’s top-of-the-line streamer (still in production but with the newer Katalyst DAC architecture) this unit performs at the highest level and is widely regarded as one of the best available. I have heard the latest Katalyst and, while it takes the Klimax to a deeper level of insight, I have not been impelled to fork out the extra $8k just yet because, as it stands, the sound is still so very musical and appealing.

This unit is solidly engineered (and hefty) and in very good cosmetic condition. One of the feet is slightly loose but is not noticeable once installed as it sits very stable. I have the original boxes and packaging so can ship at an agreed cost.

Message me for any further details.

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

E2C68300-40A3-4367-8010-5975063260BF.jpeg

766C3A95-3DCC-4C37-95B2-D3445AC35E5C.jpeg

33739C8B-BFC4-4A5F-A268-FE02EAE72D57.jpeg

7EC4A748-97E8-4620-B644-88237A59A571.jpeg

Edited by AuDrew
Added rear view pic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, b0dhi said:

That's a gorgeous looking box if I ever saw one.

Thanks mate, the design hasn’t changed in nearly 14 years since their release. And they sound as good as they look too.