FS: Krix Acoustix Mk2 - Atlantic Jarrah - Brand NEW

Item Condition: NEW
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup
Reason for selling: Theatre change of plans

Further information:

Krix Acoustix Mk2 Speakers in Atlantic Jarrah
- Multiple award winning speakers
BEST BUYS AUDIO & AV MAGAZINE – ISSUE 2-2014
We were surprised at the depth and power afforded by the dual bass/mid drivers in the Acoustix Mk2: they really punched above their weight. We were hearing far better, far deeper bass than we’ve heard from any small two-driver two-way system, to the point where it actually rivalled some of the smaller floorstanding  models we’ve auditioned.
SOUND IMAGE AWARDS 2015 – LOUDSPEAKERS OF THE YEAR $1000- $4000
 Whether you love listening to your music collection, or watching your favourite movie, the Acoustix Mk2 can do it all in a small form factor. Beating out all other competitors, the Acoustix Mk2 took out best speakers under $4000.
- Brand new.  Manufactured less than 8 weeks ago
- Purchased for theatre in new home. Theatre design has changed so speakers are for sale
- 2 pair available at this price.  Price is per pair.  Please note pricing is firm
- Inspection welcome
Photos:

PLEASE READ

• If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item
  • If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved
  • If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

Acoustix 2 2.jpg

Acoustix 2 3.jpg

Acoustix 2 4.jpg

Acoustix 2 5.jpg

Acoustix 2 6.jpg

Acoustix 2 7.jpg

Edited by Dalspec
  • Like 1

Bugger. I have a brand new set of these in transit.

If you get a spare minute can you pm me and tell me if they sound as good as the reviews say.

I've had to buy to suit the wifes decore on a gut instinct after as much research as I could do without audition.

GLWS.

Edited by Rob Wright
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rob Wright said:

If you get a spare minute can you pm me and tell me if they sound as good as the reviews say.

I've had to buy to suit the wifes decore on a gut instinct after as much research as I could do without audition.

GLWS.

I have these and reckon they sound great.

If i could afford I'd buy these 100% but I'm slowly saving for LS50Ws...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rob Wright said:

GLWS.

@Rob Wright I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.  I previously had a pair in black ash and liked them enough to come back to some more.  Once well run in, the Acoustix's bass is genuinely impressive for a speaker of this size.  The mids and highs are very nicely rendered too. 

The clever front ports mean they are not as fussy as some on positioning.  I used them to great effect well into the room on some Solidsteel SS6 stands.   Conversely they were surprisingly good on some less than ideal shelves in close proximity to walls.

If you've not already seen the Australian Hifi review which includes a detailed lab report, it is worth a look.  Happy to send it through or post up here if of interest.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, PCOWandre said:

Not only do they sound great, the jarrah finish looks great. 

Agreed.  The black ash is very nice but atlantic jarrah is my pick of their finishes. 

7 hours ago, Rob Wright said:

Sounds is always going to be influenced by room and setup, but I'm extremely happy with mine. They're thin, so they fit nicely on my desk and the tweeters are refined enough not be glaring in near-field. They have a hidden reserve of bass in those little cabinets, too, and don't get stressed out playing loud. 

I found they improved for soundstage (again, in near field) with TPU wedges to tilt them up very slightly. We're only talking about 15mm of rise at the front.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Dalspec said:

If you've not already seen the Australian Hifi review which includes a detailed lab report, it is worth a look.  Happy to send it through or post up here if of interest.

Thanks for the reply. I have read every bit of information on the internet. That lab report said they are a well designed loudspeaker.

It's a bit difficult to audition anything in Hobart. We only have one high end shop. And it's not huge so they limit their brands.

Anything decent at the right sort of price range in the local classifieds  is accounted for before I can even get my hands on them.

You shouldn't have any trouble selling them at that price. Mine are Blackwood and were  closer to $1700.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 3:29 AM, Rob Wright said:

You shouldn't have any trouble selling them at that price. Mine are Blackwood and were  closer to $1700.

Yep,  RRP is $1675 so it's a decent saving..

One pair has already gone (Gumtree).  One pair left.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mjledme
      Item Condition: Brand New (Sealed) Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal (+3% if not by FF), EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: NLR Further information: 
      In my humble opinion Madonna's best album. A later reissued version (sorry cannot inform exact info)

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By rps01
      Item Condition: GOOD (see photos) Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: ELANORA HEIGHTS State: NSW Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup, or PayPal Reason for selling: Not required Further information:

Several SNA forum members have kindly informed me that this is one of the early "flush strobe" 401's, with a stronger die-cast chassis (as opposed to the later, pressed ones). 
      Thanks to all of the guys that have unconditionally offered me some great advice, gained through a shared passion and many years of experience.

I've put as many photos as I could into a folder on Google Drive (link is below).

Condition as per photos. Some marks to the plinth  Comes with its' original Garrard instruction manual Video shows playing at 33rpm Mat now broken, as it was brittle and it snapped when I removed it SME tonearm comes with original manuals, template manual, and warranty card (serial number 62527). Marks in the earlier photos are just general grubbiness, and came off with a light rub with ISO-propyl alcohol Shure cartridge (M95ED) fitted to SME headshell Been in (dry and cool) storage for 15 years. LINK TO GOOGLE DRIVE FOLDER: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jhfAc5wyx0iUfI-R3VbbI5ThFwyYxwUC?usp=sharing   
      Additional to the above, I'm including all of the following:

Extra SME headshell with Shure M95ED cartridge  Lightweight headshell with MA 2002-e cartridge (no stylus), with original Micro-Acoustics manual Shure M91ED cartridge Shure M75E Type 2 cartridge  
      Photos:

Plenty of photos in the Google Drive link. Here's a few to whet the appetite... (attached)

• By Sarenda
      Item Condition: As New. Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Cockatoo or Richmond State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal,EFT,Cash on pick up. Reason for selling: Everything Must Go! Further information:    This Weiliang Audio  Pass A3 Amp comes from china, and is a direct imitation  of the original Commercially released Pass A3 amp.
      Bought new a few months back for 1600 landed.
      It has both RCA and Balanced inputs.
      Sounds Great! and has only maybe around 100 hour on it. But  things have now changed and everything must go!

Cheers

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Janus77
      Item Condition: Used excellent condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Camperdown State: NSW Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: NLR, built new speakers Further information:

I purchased from another forum member a couple of years ago.  They present in excellent condition, no damage to drivers or cabinets.  Included stands with adjustable feet.

I upgraded from a Wharfedale 2.1 bookshelf system, and the Paradigms were a huge step up in sonics.  They deliver tight warm bass and smooth treble, lots of people love these and when you hear them you know why.  

Happy to audition in Camperdown for serious buyers.  Sad to see these go, but I have no room to keep them.  

Donation will be made to SNA on completion of sale.  

Sorry I can’t box these up so local buyers only, can arrange delivery around inner west or city if needed.  

Photos:

PLEASE READ

• By TONYCH31
      Item Condition: Very good condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Newington State: NSW Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer needed Further information:
       https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_1/analysis-plus-oval-12-speaker-cables-3-2000.html
       https://www.carltonaudiovisual.com.au/analysis-plus-black-oval-12-speaker-cable-price-per-m.html

Have sold  one of my hifi system so this is no longer needed. 
      Great quality cable.  Neutral sounding cable. 
      1 side is spade and the other side is banana plugs. 
      This is 1 pair of speaker cables not single unit. 
      Can ship interstate at an agreed shipping cost. 

Photos:

PLEASE READ