Aaron ATS-4 repair in Melbourne

Hey there, hopefully this is the right place for this and I'm sorry if it's not. 

I recently picked up a pair of Aaron ATS-4's and it appears that the power to the mid driver isn't working. I was wondering if anyone knew of someone in Melbourne who I could take the box to for repair? I contacted Aaron already as I had to order a new tweeter and they said they don't know of anyone... Or if someone has experienced this and it's an easy fix, I'd be totally up for trying it out myself.

Any help would be fantastic, thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure that the mid-driver itself isn't blown? 

I've went on this journey myself except it was the tweeter. For what it's worth, if the speaker itself is blown, it may be best to try hunt down a cheap set and use one as a donor.

For the tweeters at least, the ATS-3, ATS-4, ATS-5 and Paragon P-3 all used the same 70HD tweeter. I can try have a look later but judging off of the product listing sheet, I'd be willing to bet that the ATS'3's use the same mid driver as the ATS-4s. Hope this helps! 

On 07/10/2020 at 7:52 PM, el toro said:

Years ago I took some ATS 3's (or was it 5's)? to Speaker Bits. They took their sweet time but they came back sounding good. They used to be in Port Melbourne.

Thank you for the tip, much appreciated. I ended up booking in with Open Ear Audio so we'll see how we go. 

4 hours ago, JakeHC said:

Are you sure that the mid-driver itself isn't blown? 

I've went on this journey myself except it was the tweeter. For what it's worth, if the speaker itself is blown, it may be best to try hunt down a cheap set and use one as a donor.

For the tweeters at least, the ATS-3, ATS-4, ATS-5 and Paragon P-3 all used the same 70HD tweeter. I can try have a look later but judging off of the product listing sheet, I'd be willing to bet that the ATS'3's use the same mid driver as the ATS-4s. Hope this helps! 

Yep, so when I received them Box A had everything working, and Box B had a silent tweeter and mid. Mid from B worked in A, Mid from A didn't work in B. Tweeter from B didn't work in either. I ordered a replacement tweeter and that is making sounds in Box B now, so I'm 99% sure that the mid driver is fine and something from the wire back is the issue. Both low drivers in Box B work fine, by the way. Hoping it's a reasonably cost effective fix! Thank you very much for the reply.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to the expense of repairing, I would recommend that you have a look at the works done in the following post. Aaron ATS-4 can be upgraded reasonably easily and there are number of posts on this forum regarding this.

Good luck with the repairs.