Elac Debut 2 - B6.2 speakers

Good afternoon all,

Would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with Elac speakers, particularly the Debut 2 - B6.2. They get very good reviews and are very affordable at around $700, but unfortunately only come in black. They would be to replace my Wharfedale Diamond 9.5s from around 2005. I bought them when I lived in a full-size house, but now I'm only in a small townhouse and space is at a premium. I use a Yamaha R-N602 receiver with an old Yamaha CD player, which will soon be replaced by a new Yamaha CD-C600 5 Disc Changer.

My longish "shortlist" for speakers is: the Elacs, B&W 606 S2, Dynaudio Emit M20 and Wharfedale Diamond 225. I have also heard good things about Krix Acoustix Mk2s, but their price may put them out of my reach.

My music tastes are primarily 60s - 80s pop/rock.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Johnno49
Additional info.

Nordost, no, I haven't heard Klipsch in action, although I've read that the RP-500Ms are good. Did you have any particular model in mind?

Edited by Johnno49
Additional info.

22 hours ago, Johnno49 said:

Would love to hear from anyone who has had experience with Elac speakers, particularly the Debut 2 - B6.2. They get very good reviews and are very affordable at around $700, but unfortunately only come in black.

Apollo HiFi are advertising that they will be coming in Walnut soon. Not sure if that helps.

I  know Frank Prowse HiFi have ELAC in their range. Maybe worth dropping past.

18 minutes ago, John Doe said:

Apollo HiFi are advertising that they will be coming in Walnut soon. Not sure if that helps.

I  know Frank Prowse HiFi have ELAC in their range. Maybe worth dropping past.

I live in country Victoria, John, so both of those are out of the question. I'm thinking when Melbourne exits lockdown, I'll go and audition some Elacs and also some Klipsch, along with a few others.

I have had the Pioneer BS22 LR, Elac Debut, Elac Unifi and now using the Elac Adantes. So pretty much most of the Andrew Jones designed speakers. It is very hard to beat them at their price points. However for your choice in music which is 60s to 80s rock, the debut might be a little harsh. It is not the speaker's fault. Garbage in is garbage out and most of the music recorded in that Era which are in streaming sound quite bad. So ideally look at speakers which are forgiving at the top. Wharfedale Denton might be in your price range. 

• Like 1