Multi-channel power amp >125W/Channel Advice

16 minutes ago, SGS said:

Not sure if this is relevant, I run a sr6014. 

When watching tv say the news, I watch channel 7. My centre sounds terrible, sound mode is surround. It gives a kind of crackly sound. Changing to stereo cleans it up, but then no center.

I've put this down to the transmission is stereo and the sr6014 just can't make a clean sound in surround for voice. My old Yamaha could, find it quite annoying. Any 5.1 sound is fine.

Maybe its similar with your Denon.

Very similar! It’s quite frustrating. 

Curious if it is the same on hd tv channels eg 70, 90?

Better power for your mains will help, and moving all speakers away from the walls including the centre.

As mentioned ive got a 4 channel arcus amp spare for sale, has multiple ins and outs for biwire or biamp of interested.

13 minutes ago, Hifiplus said:

Curious if it is the same on hd tv channels eg 70, 90?

Better power for your mains will help, and moving all speakers away from the walls including the centre.

As mentioned ive got a 4 channel arcus amp spare for sale, has multiple ins and outs for biwire or biamp of interested.

Thanks - I ended up finding a Rotel RMB 1066 (6-channel) which I am using to bi-amp each of my L/C/R channels. 

It has made an enormous and positive difference - so much so that I'm considering finding another one to run the remaining 6 Rear & Height Channels. 

Unfortunately, there is little scope to shift my speakers away from the walls given the room configuration. Thanks everyone for your input!

• Like 2